Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 9:24 PM
Default Origin just installed Sims 3 on my Origin account
So Origin just installed The Sims 3 randomly on my Origin account without it even telling me that it will install TS3. I will not use it, and I wish to uninstall it. But there is a problem. When I click to uninstall it, it says it will uninstall all game directories and such. Does that mean the directories for the disc version as well?
Answer please. I'm hoping I don't need to use Origin for The Sims 3.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 9:47 PM
No, you don't. Actually, when you click on the shortcut in Origin, it directs you to the same launcher as any of the other shortcuts on you desktop, in your start menu or anywhere in one of your folders.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 4:28 PM Last edited by Aaron4Ever : 29th Nov 2015 at 5:59 PM.
Oh for god's sake, it just opened Origin. Does it require some kind of internet access now?!
EDIT: Launcher just showed up completely new, with an expansion packs section with the option to install them.
This looks REALLY bad.
EDIT II: NVM, it just opens Origin now, which I bet is required to run the bloody thing. >:(
Theorist
#4 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 6:08 PM
I bet you have the 1.69 patch that requires Origin in order for you to play your game.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Theorist
#5 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 1:11 AM
You can Origin have in an offline modus and play the game, if it's installed.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 4:21 AM
I thought the 1.69 patch could only be downloaded through Origin, not from the Launcher itself.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Scholar
#7 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 4:40 AM
Ahahaha.

"One of us! One of us! Gooba gabba, gooba gabba, we accept him, we accept him."

Still tho, the most concerning thing is that there is a patch that requires Origin to be mandatory. Is that true?

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Scholar
#8 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 12:35 PM
Great patch yes! Everyone is ofc waiting for their games to make use of Origin, because it adds so much gameplay! With this new patch you can also select which ep you want to play before loading your save game. This way you can chose yourself which ep you want to cause your savegame to fail! At the same time you will provide EA with important new advanced telemetry data to show how much more stable TS4 is, which then will support their vision for TS4 ('Start from scratch, with less, for more!')
Banned
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 4:27 PM Last edited by Aaron4Ever : 30th Nov 2015 at 4:48 PM.
Chips are down.
I can't play TS3 without Origin, thanks to some background searches.
How can I delete this update, and go back to 1.67 without uninstalling the game?
EDIT: Because of Origin's shoddy update reminder, I do believe I may have broken my save games.
That's what you get for being out of the loop, I guess.
Theorist
#10 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
I thought the 1.69 patch could only be downloaded through Origin, not from the Launcher itself.

If you have the Automatic Update checked on your launcher, you can automatically patch.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥