Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 1:18 PM
Uncontrollable Sim - Help!!
I have a very weird glitch... I can't control my wizard, he just stays there and his motion is frozen. When I click the ground, there's no interaction but I can interact with objects; however, because of no mobility, interaction only goes to the que and my wizard remain stable. I am able to teleport him here and there but he can't do anything. In addition, the when playing another hero, he is mobile but when I interact with him, my hero gets stuck too. I've tried deleting cache but its still like that. Please help.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 4:45 PM
Try shift+click (on the immobile Sim), Object, Forced Reset (i believe that is the correct verbiage). Then click on the ground and command them to Go Here. They shoud become unstuck. I had the same thing happen to my Merchant and had to reset her on several occasions. I'm on version 1.2.3 and have Rick's debugenabler 1.2.3 and Treeag's TestingcheatsenabledCommand mods installed. You may need them to use this method to unstick your Sim. You can find them in Srikandi's List of Mods thread here. Hope you get your Wizard unstuck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 5:44 PM
Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I've tried force reset but nothing...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 6:07 PM
Is is the Sim can't move at all? Or is trapped by some sort of invisible barrier? Can the wizard use Meditate?

I have encountered a bug once, where my Kingdom got corrupted somehow and the various lots had the "No interactions" icon appear in certain areas around them. Most interactions would fail because the sim couldn't get to the object. I ended up having to use cheats to export the monarch (Quit current quest, Showallquests, then Brave New World) and start over.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by delosd
Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I've tried force reset but nothing...

Have you installed any new mods recently? If so, maybe you have a conflict which is causing your problem. You could systematically remove the most recent mods and check to see if your problem resolves itself. Otherwise, you may need to start over by replacing the files in the current kingdom folder with your most recent backup files (preferrably ones before the glitch showed up). Worst case, you may have to start over from scratch. Good Luck!