Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 6:54 PM
I NEED HELP, PLEASE!

I have finished building the apartment complex from scratch. I have put in the hidden and public markers and have closed off the designated NPC doors. My problem? I CANNOT ASSIGN DOORS TO NPC'S. I don't understand what I have done wrong! I've read the tutorial over and over again, tried different things, and STILL nothing works! Someone pleaseeee help!
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 7:40 PM
Did you put a Public Room Marker in the enclosed area with the door?
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 4:13 AM
Okay, I did everything correctly I believe. I made the NPC doors and such. However whenever my active sim (the sims that lives in the same building) visits a NPC's apartment, the sims or sim living there will spawn outside and I am unable to enter their apartment. Is there a reason for this?
Test Subject
#79 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 5:28 PM
Are troubleshooting questions still available for asking?
Mad Poster
#80 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 11:21 PM
addict12, if you read the info earlier on in the thread you will find that playable Sims cannot enter the rooms of NPC residents as they are effectively empty black boxes. There is nothing to see in there. You can only interact with other NPC residents in the public areas or within your own playable room.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#81 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 9:28 PM Last edited by kcsplaza : 26th Sep 2011 at 1:06 AM. Reason: Got my answer already
Default Do I Have The Right EP & SP for Apartments??
This question has been answered>> Thanks

Hello fellow sims lovers.. I am new here to modthesims forums. I am how ever not new to the sims. I have been playing since the first sims came out. But I am new to Sims 3, I got burned out on the pc and am just now getting back into it. So I have The Sims 3 base game, High End Loft, Outdoor Living and Town Life These are the only ones that was at the store when I went to buy this game.

Ok so my question is:

#1. Can I build and have my sims live in an apartment with just these stuff packs? I have already gotten the apartment built and have the markers set up.. But I can not find the "Call Box" that I have been reading about or am I able to find the correct download for the replacement for the mailbox...

#2: If the answer to #1 is yes, Do I really need the "call box and replacement mail box"

Thanks in advance,
Stormy
Test Subject
#82 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 6:56 AM Last edited by Pinkpills : 30th Sep 2011 at 7:22 AM.
Okay I am having a problem setting the other doors in my custom apt to NPC doors.

I built a three level, 6 room apartment, placed the hidden markers inside 5 of the rooms, then put a fence inside the NPC rooms, around the door, and placed a public marker within the fenced area. I then placed public markers in the 3 lobby/laundry rooms and in the fitness area, along with placing the public markers on the balconies (that are only accessed from the apartments there attached too.)

When I try to set the doors to NPC doors, I ctrl+shift left click the door while I'm in buy mode while playing my test sim. When I do click the door, the only options that appear are: Lock, Delete, Clone, Reset and Add Triggers and behaviors etc. If I click on Add Triggers I get a second menu that have a few things along with "Make Unusable by NPCs".

I just don't get it, I do have random NPCs walking into the first floor lobby, using the pool area etc but when they get to the elevators, they stand in front of the door waiting for it, then they disappear, like the game sends them "home" then remembers that none of the doors are set and deletes them. I added a screen shot of one of the rooms, its of the NPC apartment on the second level, the other apartment across the hallway is where my test sim lives. The fence that is outside in the hallway isn't suppose to be there, I was just messing around to try to get the doors to work.

Edit: I just checked the callbox to see if there were any sims listed, it says there are over 40 random NPCs in the building, but there are only 6 rooms on the lot!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#83 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 9:07 PM
I have exactly the same issue as Pinkpills with the spawning of tons of NPC Sims but I CAN designate NPC doors.
Apartments in Bridgeport work fine but none that I've placed or built in other worlds do.

Test Subject
#84 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 5:47 AM
Default Too many NPCs moved in
Hey everyone,

I saw above that someone had a large number of NPCs move in, and in the small apartment building (7 units) I just made, over 60 NPCs immediately moved in, which seems a little extreme. Did anyone else have this happen? Did it hurt gameplay at all to have that many sims in the same complex?
Test Subject
#85 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 1:10 PM
Why wont NPC's move in??? And what essentials do they need to move in???
Test Subject
#86 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 12:38 AM
Default how to unmake an apartment
I downloaded a neighborhood the had apartment buildings, that were actually just house with rooms for rent, that were made by the creator. I want to revert one of them back into just a house, how do I do this? I have deleted all the spherical room makers, call box, and mailbox, or so I think. What else do I need to do? Thanks for your help
Test Subject
#87 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 9:38 PM
I'm having the same problem as pinkpills in that I can't assign them. It's weird. I have tried in buy mode and live mode. Neither works. Would you like a screenshot?
Test Subject
#88 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 7:22 AM
Editing Custom Apartments
I just made a custom apartment and put in all the hidden room/public room markers already but I forgot to put in a callbox. I already when into edit town so now I can't click the reverse button. What can I do to edit again? Everytime I try it says something on the lines of: You can't edit out of your room/home owners do not allow this. Also one door that leads to an npc room doesn't do anything when I crl+shift+click it. Nothing at all shows up. I made sure there is a public marker outside the door and a hidden room marker on the outer side just like all the other doors and the others I can make it an NPC door.
How can I put the call box in? It won't allow me to edit.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#89 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 1:45 PM
As is listed under Tips in the tutorials, to edit your apartment again you must enter RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings off in the cheat console. Moveobjects will not allow you to edit the building.

Doors can be assigned to NPCs without Sims living on the lot. Make sure that the room around the door is enclosed. A picture will always be helpful in troubleshooting.
Test Subject
#90 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 6:58 PM
I tried the cheat but do you have to be in live mode, because I was in the build/buy mode that you enter while in edit town. Maybe I just typed it wrong.
Mad Poster
#91 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 8:49 PM
You may need to use TestingCheatsEnabled true before the game will accept the building cheat.

Test Subject
#92 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 8:44 PM
Read Asap!
i did just what the tutorial said and added the fence and public markers and the lobby and everything but when i control shift click the door it doesnt come up with the option it says "DELETE IT" "RESET" "LOCK" "CLONE" "ADD THE ABILITY TO ADD TRIGGERS AND ACTIVATED BEHAVIORS" and i tried everything to do it though idk what to do plz helpp ASAP!!!!!
Test Subject
#93 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 10:13 AM
Hi there, hopefully someone can help me. I've made a townhouse row, 2 NPC apartments and 1 playable. I've done the markers and everything right. I put the fence + gate up on the same level as the NPC door, which have been set as NPC doors. Hidden and public markers are in the correct spots. However, when I try to get my sim to move from, say, the street to inside her apartment, she walks to the gate of her place, stomps and says she can't go through it. Am I missing something? I feel like I've done everything I could.

Thanks for any replies or tips!
Mad Poster
#94 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:38 AM
Pictures of the setup would be most useful here.

Test Subject
#95 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Pictures of the setup would be most useful here.

This is one of the NPC apartments. There is a hidden marker inside of the house, and on the outside I made the "room" that the tutorial said to do using a fence and gate on the same level. All the markers on the outside are public room markers.

This is outside of my Sim's apartment. You can see she says she can't go through the gate to get inside of her apartment. There aren't any markers inside of her apartment and all the outside markers are public room markers.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#96 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 1:31 PM
I see a second door for that NPC apartment, where does that go? I'm not sure you can have two doors into one area for NPC apartments.

Also, Buzzler has a mod, Builder Tools, that includes one for NPCs where you no longer need to have that fence out front.
Test Subject
#97 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 6:20 PM
The back doors go to a small porch with steps to an enclosed yard. Is that the problem perhaps? I have the porch and yard marked with public room markers on all of the houses.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 11:27 PM
Hi there, I'm having issues.

I did everything correctly, but no NPCs are moving in.
Test Subject
#99 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 2:59 PM
how do i assign public room marker?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#100 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 3:35 PM
You don't need to assign them, just place them from buydebug mode.
Page 4 of 8