Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 7:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, University Life
Help! Two Electronic Arts Folder
Hi well I've been playing sims 3 for a long time ago until my sister created another user in the computer. So recently i have these two folder (Electronic Arts) the moded one and the empty one i try to delete the empty one but when ever i start the game it still follow the empty one. I even delete the user that my sister made but still nothing happen.So i have no choice but to mod the empty one. So okay i have the game running really good now but i need to get my saved families. So anyone know how to do this. The Moded one is my documents and the empty one(Soon to be moded) is in the other folder.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 7:28 PM
The empty one is just a duplicate. You don't have to mod it. You can delete it, but it will come back eventually. Just ignore it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 4:10 AM
but even i deleted it i couldn't use the moded one
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#4 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 4:16 AM
you can always move the Saved Games, Saved Sims, Downloads folders etc over to the "new" folder. You can also try renaming the empty one to something else.
Scholar
#5 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 4:50 AM
Maybe the game for some reason thinks you're logged in as another user, so it runs using that path. If that was the case, it would just regenerate the user files (all your sims folders) anytime you deleted them.

Try making sure you're logged in on the right user (the one you play your modded sims game on).
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 10:09 PM
Moved to Help. Hint: "Help" in the subject line is a good hint that you should look in the Help menu
In the Arena
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 10:32 PM
Physically go to the path that has your username in c:/Users/<username>/Documents/Electronics Arts/The Sims 3 in Windows Explorer?

You might be trying to access the Libraries (shortcut aka symbolic link) that may be pointing to the "Public" or "Shared" user or something...

"couldn't use the moded one"
Meaning? Cannot open the folders and text files in there with a double-click? Cannot add more files into /Mods/Packages folder? Launcher keep creating new The Sims 3 folders?
Can you elaborate?