Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 11:38 PM
Default I want my sim to marry a sim I make...how to?
Do i Just make the 2nd sim...? How do I get her to talk to my 1st sim?

Also do I have to level up the 2nd sim's skills and wealth?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 11:47 PM
Yes, make a second Sim, then keep looking for her in community lots, etc. Make them interact by choosing actions when you click the other Sim, then when they're in love and have a high relationship (check in the Relationship panel which is the picture of two people under the plumbob on the UI), have one of the Sims propose by clicking on the other Sim and choosing "Propose..." then "Engagement". To marry them, click "Propose..." "Marriage".

And no, you don't.

I hope that made sense!

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
Glambert, musical geek, and country girl.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by caninegoddess
Yes, make a second Sim, then keep looking for her in community lots, etc. Make them interact by choosing actions when you click the other Sim, then when they're in love and have a high relationship (check in the Relationship panel which is the picture of two people under the plumbob on the UI), have one of the Sims propose by clicking on the other Sim and choosing "Propose..." then "Engagement". To marry them, click "Propose..." "Marriage".

And no, you don't.

I hope that made sense!

Will the game auto play my sim?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 12:14 AM
The one you are not playing will be under the game's control, yes.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
Glambert, musical geek, and country girl.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 12:22 AM
do i need to move her into a house?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 12:29 AM
Yes, the second Sim needs to be in a lot or your Sims will never meet. If you have University or later, you can "merge" her with your existing Sim's lot. This will guaratee that they know each other and give a slight bump to their starting relationship. However, if you have only the base game or don't want to move her in with your existing Sim, be sure to move her into a residential lot that includes a telephone, so your Sim can call her after they do meet.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 12:32 AM
If you have the University EP you can move her in with the other Sim.

If you don't make them get jobs right away, one Sim will very likely be in the "welcome wagon" for the other Sim.

I made two Sims, a man and a woman.

I moved the woman in first.

The I moved the man into his house, and the woman was part of the "welcome wagon." And it went from there.

There's also the chance that they'll meet on a community lot. Another way is make sure they both have computers, because they might find each other via the internet (chat).

And if you have Apartment Life and move them into different apartments in the same building, it makes it easier yet--because your Sim can visit other Sims in the building.