Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 2:38 AM
Default Tree fires don't count?!
Ok, so I'm playing my Yeoman Farmer challenge and there was a thunderstorm. The tree, that happens to be right next to the outhouse and shower, was struck by lightning and the whole tree was burning! My sim was running up to it doing the whole fire dance (needs rapidly dropping in the process) so I got him to call emergency-fire department. When the fire truck got there, instead of putting out the fire (that was still blazing, mind you) he proceeds to lecture my sim and fine him $500 that he didn't have!! He had $12, so they took his fridge and his shower!!! What in the world?! So tell me, what are they supposed to do when a tree is on fire?? I think I'm going to delete this farmer and start over.
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 2:58 AM
The tree fire is stuck. The rain put it out before the fire department arrived, but the graphics are stuck. (I'm guessing that your Sim is also no longer doing the panic dance by the tree.)
Scholar
#3 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 3:54 AM
I would also guess that it was the Breadfruit tree as that one tree seems to always get stuck and burn forever. I just make a point of not using it anymore.
Inventor
#4 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 4:08 AM
I once loved the way that breadfruit tree looked at one time. I had very few lots that didn't have that tree in their yards.

It seems I was a bit dense because it took me a while to realize that tree caught on fire more than others. But once I did, that tree never made an appearance at any lot. Wish I could remember that when I want to get rid of a sim and hurt my brains coming up with an interesting but fatal conclusion for undesired sims.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 5:24 AM
I've had a tree fire that kept going, and going...no one did the panic dance though, and the FD fined my Sims.

Eventually it burned itself out.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 12:10 AM
When I was playing university, a tree fire took out all the non-playable sims in my dorm. The dormies just kept running out of the building and doing the fire dance around the tree, they all caught fire and died. It was kind of funny. In fact, I still have the 8 ghosts haunting the dorm. I decided to keep the ghosts there to make playing it more fun... the great dormie fire massacre of 2010 :P
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 2:48 AM
If you have Knowledge Sims living there, that'll keep the old meter up!