Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Shopping from Fridge - update 18.8.2014

by ani_ Posted 22nd Jan 2012 at 4:43 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:09 AM by ani_

226 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 115 Feedback Posts, 110 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 10
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 3:17 AM
I've been waiting for someone to make this mod!! I can't wait to try it out thank you so much!! >W<
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 4:14 AM
1. Thank you guys for all the nice comments, glad to see I'm not the only one who thought this feature was stupid.

Quote: Originally posted by RomerJon17
what a great idea =) Is it possible my butler can shop?
That would be it's own mod. I didn't check how this works with a butler. If he is considered to be in the active household then somebody needs to shop and and put ingredients into the fridge for him, but if he's considered an npc, then he can make food without ingredients. I'll need to check this and fix for the next version.

Quote: Originally posted by JT`
Could there be a way to tune which recipes the snacks use? I'd like to actually create custom "recipes" for each of the snacks and charge something a little more in line with what they are in CAIO (e.g., ice cream = 3 milk), rather than assume that soup is like spaghetti and so on. =)

Currently you can't but I'll make the change for the next update. Probably when SHT comes out, unless there is some major bug that needs to be fixed.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#28 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 6:29 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been asking around for no free meals mod since the beginning of my simming career. Why are you so great?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#29 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 6:37 AM
Thank you for creating this. As others have said, at least now my Sims HAVE to use the store and this in turn adds greater 'realism' to my game. Brilliant. Thanks again
Inventor
THANKS POST
#30 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
The only bug I know about is that if a Sim wants to make a meal autonomously, but doesn't have the ingredients for it, he will walk to the fridge, before figuring out he doesn't have the ingredients.
That's not a bug - this happens to me all the time in real life if I forgot to buy food ... I often go to the fridge, just to realize that I don't have the ingredients for the meal I want to make.

That's a mod I really like.
Inventor
#31 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
That's not a bug - this happens to me all the time in real life if I forgot to buy food ... I often go to the fridge, just to realize that I don't have the ingredients for the meal I want to make.

That's a mod I really like.

LOL, how very true!

Great mod, Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 10:46 AM
Thank you Ani, this is a great mod!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 10:52 AM
Finally! Finally! Finally! \o/ :D
transmogrified
retired moderator THANKS POST
#34 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 11:17 AM
I would totally nab this for no shopping from the fridge, but I feel like snacks already take a hit in the game (since you can't get a moodlet for a "quick meal"). Still, excellent work! Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#35 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 11:20 AM
I do hope you decide to release just the no cost in fridge as an option. For those of us who may have other mods that will conflict with the snack part.

I also would like to see "canned soup" and such other snack items in the grocery store. Such as 1 bought unit is 6 servings or whatever. Too bad I cannot make something like that myself >.<

But kudos on the mod! Realistic and very handy.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#36 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 12:10 PM
Just as what I need for long time. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 12:54 PM
This is great I always start out intending that my sims will go shopping but fall back into letting them buy through the fridge This will force me to keep going
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 1:58 PM
Woo, nice!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 5:15 PM
Thanks
Scholar
THANKS POST
#40 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 7:04 PM
Thank you, excellent mod. My sim owns the Grocers, so she (meaning 'I') expects people to go to the grocers and shop so she can get decent profits!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#41 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 10:10 PM
Waited so long for this, thank you very much...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 10:40 PM
Thank you, Thank you! Now I can have a real homeless family
Test Subject
#43 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 5:09 AM
Nice work!
Ooh! I like this! Great work! :lovestruc

Let's Do It, The Sims Style

I believe that you have absolutely none of right to know what I'm doing right now. But, if you wish to know, I am most likely playing The Sims 1, 2, or 3, or doing something very closely related to the three.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#44 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 5:28 AM
That's okay =)
Man It would be cool to have a truck delivery like the Sims 2 =D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#45 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 6:31 AM
ok u said they go and look into the fridge b4 they realise they dont have food in there dont change that it like real life i look in my fridge and be like damn i got to go shopping hhaha ty
Test Subject
#46 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 3:02 PM
I love this!!!! I've been waiting forever for this. I would like to second Avey in the hopes that you could release a no cost mod only without the snacking part. Thanks so much.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#47 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 11:25 PM
ani_, you're a genius...thanks for this mod!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 12:20 AM
Finally! People have been requesting this forever and ever. You are a genius!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 2:34 PM
Thank you ever so muchly for this it also bugs me the shopping from the fridge and the fact that the other meals are free now my sim can get off his behind and go to the store
Forum Resident
#50 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 3:30 PM
Can you too make that serve meals also use more integrients than have single meal, like this: single uses 1 apple, served uses 3 apples? This always bugs me since TS3 came out, why cost of served meal is the same as single meal. Because of this, I have modified for my own BC's Cooking Overhaul mod to disable single meal except Ambrosia & quick meal.
Sorry, I don't mean to complain, infact this mod is one of my wish list, so I will definitely use this. Thank you very much.
Page 2 of 10