Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 1:32 PM Last edited by lloyd118 : 3rd Feb 2017 at 1:47 PM.
Default Sims 3 4K?
Is there a way to play the sims 3 in 3840 x 2160 resolution? I do have the right spec and also wiill be getting a 4k monitor just want to know if its been done and does it work? Also wondering about Ultra wide and 2k(2560 x 1440)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lloyd118
Is there a way to play the sims 3 in 3840 x 2160 resolution? I do have the right spec and also wiill be getting a 4k monitor just want to know if its been done and does it work? Also wondering about Ultra wide and 2k(2560 x 1440)

I have a 5K retina iMac (bootcamped, win 10) and I play the game fine but not, unfortunately, in that resolution. You can do it but UI gets really tiny, including pop-up and stuff.

ETA: To my knowledge there is no way to increase to UI in sims 3.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Batsheba
I have a 5K retina iMac (bootcamped, win 10) and I play the game fine but not, unfortunately, in that resolution. You can do it but UI gets really tiny, including pop-up and stuff.

ETA: To my knowledge there is no way to increase to UI in sims 3.

What size display do you have ? Does a small UI bother you at all?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 3:02 PM Last edited by lloyd118 : 3rd Feb 2017 at 4:15 PM.
Surely you can play at 1440? If anyone has a pic of sims 3 in 4k and 2k so I can see the UI that be fab and Id be very gratefull XD
P.S pics would be great if you have a 27 or 32 inch as those are the sizes id be getting :P
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 5:04 PM
What size display do you have ? Does a small UI bother you at all?

I have a 27 inch screen and play in the games standard resolution. The UI isn't a bother so much as it's so small you can't use it or see what it says. So far the only way the UI is as it should is when I play in fullscreen. I have tried changing the screen resolution, not tried all different options just a few, to see what happens but the UI is small.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 5:16 PM
I have a 27 inch screen and play in the games standard resolution. The UI isn't a bother so much as it's so small you can't use it or see what it says. So far the only way the UI is as it should is when I play in fullscreen. I have tried changing the screen resolution, not tried all different options just a few, to see what happens but the UI is small.

Without seeing a pic I'm not sure the small UI would bother me, as on my friends 49inch he plays sims 3 in 4k fine and the UI is smaller but even in a small window its not impossible for me to read.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 6:59 PM
Without seeing a pic I'm not sure the small UI would bother me, as on my friends 49inch he plays sims 3 in 4k fine and the UI is smaller but even in a small window its not impossible for me to read.

I'll try to remember to take a pic for you.... don't know when though...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 7:02 PM
I'll try to remember to take a pic for you.... don't know when though...

Ok that would be great if you could, thanks
Instructor
#9 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 10:05 PM
Here is a thread which has pics of how the UI will look like. BTW the link is from an internet archive since the pics are missing from the original thread.

I need a cigarette
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 11:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MeltingMagnetz
Here is a thread which has pics of how the UI will look like. BTW the link is from an internet archive since the pics are missing from the original thread.

That doesn't look as small as I thought, so I should be able to deal with it XD Thank you very much, my mind is now at ease
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 1:48 AM
Does anyone know if Sims 3 will play in 3440X1440 res? I have a 34 inch ultra wide monitor coming Friday and wanting to get all the stuff ready now to be ready to play then.