Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Normal Skin for Good and Evil Witches (REALLY FIXED - Finally! 07 Sept 08!)

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 4,702 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 281,107 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 27th Aug 2008 at 4:13 PM
Updated: 7th Sep 2008 at 1:29 PM
What this is for:

After playing with Apartment Life only a little thus far, I've decided my favourite thing is the witches. They're nifty, they cackle, they cast spells, and they're sparkly.

However, I was not fond of the skins for them. Neutral witches look normal... but good witches have a strange speckly yellow glitter effect that looks more like some sort of strange supernatural chicken pox... And evil witches are "I just jumped in a vat of green tempera paint" green.

Thus, I default replaced the textures for both good and evil witches so they use their regular skintones. These should work with Maxis skins, default replacement skins, and custom skins.

The replacements are separate, so if you for some reason like green evil witches or sparkly good witches, you can keep one and replace the other.

Edited - Fixed - Really fixed this time!!

Okay, so I finally tracked down the issue with the shaded bodies once I saw a proper picture of it happening and got a lightbulb moment realizing how I could reproduce it myself (shaders related). There now should be no shadowing on the bodies for anyone in custom or Maxis clothings.

Please redownload the new files.
  • All ages and both genders (teen, adult, elder, male, and female) work properly.
  • No issues with the outfits or hair.
  • Super-small file sizes.
  • Fully tested - guaranteed working this time - no, really!!

How to Use:

To install:
1. Unrar and place in your Downloads folder as normal.
2. When you first load the game, any existing witches will have the body textures changed, but not the faces.
3. Send any playable witches to a mirror to Change Appearance. Apply a full-face makeup and click the checkmark.
4. Change Appearance again and remove the full-face makeup. This will fix the face textures.
5. Any non-playable witches (the Grand High Witches) will generally have their faces fixed after a couple appearances/loads of the game (it took two for me in testing). If you just must have them appear properly ASAP, you can try make them selectable and change their appearance (not tested).

To uninstall:
1. Delete the file(s) from your Downloads folder.
2. When you first load the game afterward, any existing witches will have the default body textures changed, but the faces will remain as they were with my defaults.
3. Send any playable witches to a mirror to Change Appearance. Apply a full-face makeup and click the checkmark.
4. Change Appearance again and remove the full-face makeup. This will fix the face textures.
5. Any non-playable witches (the Grand High Witches) will generally have their faces fixed after a couple appearances/loads of the game (it took two for me in testing). If you just must have them appear properly ASAP, you can try make them selectable and change their appearance (not tested).

Thanks to:

Everyone who has contributed to the development of SimPE. The posters on S2C's Sim Pictures forum for making me realize how much this was needed. And MTS2, the rest of the staff, and Delphy, for making a cool place to make pretty things (and fix-it things) for pixel dollies.