Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 4:42 PM
Default Error Codes = Kingdom Wipe Out!
Since I could find no TSM specific help at the MTS Help Site, I will post the problem here (administrators - please move this to the appropriate site if you determine this thread is not appropriate for this forum).

Has anyone else has experienced this problem with their game, to wit: I have experienced three or four instances since I purchased TSM about two weeks ago where I'm in the process of saving a game and receive an Error Code (Codes 16, 19 and possibly 13 - I'm not certain about this last one since it was the first time I experienced the problem and I did not take close notice). In each case the result is the same - my computer freezes up and must be cleared by using the End Task command in Task Manager, and, worst of all, my ENTIRE Kingdom folder (including the .tsm.backup folder) disappears! I'm updated to version 1.2.3.00001 and have some of the custom content presented by creators on this forum installed. If it makes any difference, I also have the annoying problem of the game attempting to install everytime I insert the disk to load the launcher.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me or direct me to the proper site for help. I think EA should be aware of this problem in case another patch is required.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 7:02 PM
You might have a corrupted disc if you get the installation question on inserting the disk. I had to take a game back and get a new one because my disc was corrupted. Presently, after loading the game, I'm playing with no disc in the drive at all. (It happened by mistake since I'm taking my disc out everynight when I shut down and I forgot to reinsert it.) Don't know why that's working.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
You might have a corrupted disc if you get the installation question on inserting the disk.

Hadn't thought of that! I think I'll take a trip back to the store and see if I can exchange my disc and see if that takes care of not only the installation message, but those annoying and frustrating Error Codes. Thanks for the info, edejan!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 10:26 PM
Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 4:13 AM
Actually, I think you're supposed to play without the disk. Mine did the same attempt to install every time I put it in and I also can play without the disk. The official forums said it was supposed to work that way.
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 7:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mflaha55
Has anyone else has experienced this problem with their game, to wit: I have experienced three or four instances since I purchased TSM about two weeks ago where I'm in the process of saving a game and receive an Error Code (Codes 16, 19 and possibly 13 - I'm not certain about this last one since it was the first time I experienced the problem and I did not take close notice). In each case the result is the same - my computer freezes up and must be cleared by using the End Task command in Task Manager, and, worst of all, my ENTIRE Kingdom folder (including the .tsm.backup folder) disappears!

It actually happens to me quite often, so you're not the only one
I remember the first time I got that message, it refered to some readme file in the game installation folder, but the error list stops right before any of the ones I got
I think it's usually because I'm switching to another window while saving. However my game does not freeze, I just have to close the error window (kind of complicated with the loading cursor), and try to save again
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TaliaKirana
Actually, I think you're supposed to play without the disk. Mine did the same attempt to install every time I put it in and I also can play without the disk. The official forums said it was supposed to work that way.

I tried launching without the disc and received a Disc Authentication Error, indicating that I have to have the disc inserted to play. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happyopi
It actually happens to me quite often, so you're not the only one
I remember the first time I got that message, it refered to some readme file in the game installation folder, but the error list stops right before any of the ones I got
I think it's usually because I'm switching to another window while saving. However my game does not freeze, I just have to close the error window (kind of complicated with the loading cursor), and try to save again

It's good to know that I'm not the only one with this problem, though I'm sorry that you had this happen to you, happyopi. My problem is that my computer freezes so I can't even check the error details to see what the heck happened! And all I did was click the Options then the "Save" button, no other actions. I'm unable to close the error window and try again. So now I literally beg my computer not to throw an error code or freeze up everytime I save! I'm becoming paranoid! I save a copy of my Kingdom file after every successful save, just in case the next one borks! Ah well, I still love this game!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
You might have a corrupted disc if you get the installation question on inserting the disk...

Btw, edejan and all who responded, I discovered why the game kept trying to install everytime I ran the disc to load the launcher. When I click on the Autorun.exe to begin the load, I receive the User Account Control message asking permission to load a specific program. I'm used to playing TS2 where the program in question is the launcher program, so I always answered "Yes." Here in TSM, the program is the Setup.exe, so of course when I automatically said "Yes," the disc tried to run the install program, hence the error message! If I answer "No," then I have no problem (Doh!) So the problem wasn't with the disc, the problem was with the User!