Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

TS3 Mod Manager (Updated 6/22/09)

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 597 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 205,174 Views
Uploaded: 20th Jun 2009 at 3:24 AM
Updated: 27th Nov 2013 at 3:20 PM by Nysha
Yes, if you're running Vista, this application requests administrator privileges when it starts so that it can modify the appropriate files and folders. If TS3 is installed in a folder where you do not need admin privelages to modify it, see the install instructions tab under "Disable Admin Requirement".

It also requires the .NET framework, which can be downloaded for free from Microsoft's website.

Yes, I have yet another update
Hopefully this is the last time I'll have to bug you guys to redownload this. This is not nearly as substantial as the last update - it's actually completely optional, as stated in the title. There is nothing "fixed" (besides a not-good-for-my-OCD message box), but rather just a couple small things added. When you type in your name, the little text below it will display the number of packages you have in that directory and its subdirectories, as well as the approximate total size. In addition, if you click Options, it will allow you to launch The Sims 3 in windowed vs. fullscreen mode, as well as having the option to disable or enable story progression (this modifies the command line arguments with which it launches TS3; they are the only way to toggle SP off without the AwesomeMod). Yep, that's it

What does this do?
This is only useful if you have multiple people playing The Sims 3 on a single PC who want different sets of mods, or if you have different sets of mods that you wish to switch out on a whim. Basically, all this application does is allow you to create "profiles" - for example, if I were to type "User" into the name field and press Configure Mods, it would modify my Resource.cfg file to look like this:
Code:
Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/User/*.package
PackedFile Mods/User/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/User/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/User/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/User/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

Wait, you imported the Mods/Packages directory too?
The simple answer: Yes.
The explained answer: I imported the Packages directory regardless of the name you enter. This way, if you wanted to have everyone use a certain mod/set of mods in addition to what they have configured, you wouldn't have to copy each package to everyone's folder. This will also *hopefully* allow this to work better with other programs that help with TS3 mod installation (such as Delphy's TS3 Install Helper Monkey). If you don't want to use this feature, just don't put anything in that folder :p

First Run
When you run this for the first time, it should automatically detect your install directory by pulling it from the registry (it doesn't modify anything, however). As a Vista x64 user myself (unfortunately...) I made sure it could find the appropriate key on both 32- and 64-bit systems. If for some reason this process fails, it will alert you and pop up an open file dialog so you can locate the game's executable.

The Basics
When you type in a name and press Configure Mods, it will modify the Resource configuration (and create /Mods/[Name] if it doesn't exist) as well as add it to the drop down list for easy selection in the future. You can launch the game through the button (appropriately labeled "Launch The Sims 3") though I provide no guarantee as to whether or not it will work