Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
just a girl
#51 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 11:43 AM Last edited by Lamare : 26th Jul 2014 at 12:02 PM.
@HystericalParoxysm, do the death types count?

Edit: found better sourse: https://twitter.com/SimGuruAzure/st...341994304626690

Quote:
Enraged (v. angry), Mortified (v. embarrassed) or Hysterical (v. playful). Those are the 3 dangerous emotions that can kill your Sim.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 8:14 PM
@HystericalParoxysm What do we know about cars and other vehicles? I think there are no cars, garages or driveways. In real life one rarely sees a house without these. It would be a big omission for a 'builder' like myself—almost as bad as flat lots.
Test Subject
#53 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 7:11 PM
Moving between worlds IS new
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
In TS2 we could do this with attached worlds. I am pretty sure that is how it will work in TS4. If not, it will be like the moving to other worlds feature in TS3 that was added in a patch. So I wouldn't count this as new.

What makes this different is that you can freely visit the different base neighborhoods. Its not just when you move from one house to another, they are attached worlds. So you can work or have friends or shop in Oasis Springs if you live in Willow Creek. Source: http://www.thesims.com/news/welcome-to-oasis-springs
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 11:20 AM Last edited by Neeri : 4th Aug 2014 at 12:21 PM.
Reading the first post makes me think this game was a original a Facebook game that was then rushed to become the sequel to the PC sims series...what the actual fuck.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neeri
Reading the first post makes me think this game was a original a Facebook game that was then rushed to become the sequel to the PC sims series...what the actual fuck.

I'm really starting to feel the same. It reeks of a free to play experience paid for through microtransactions, but instead you have to pay 60 dollars to start with, and then a bunch more to get the game to the point where its actually half way finished.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#56 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 7:44 PM
New gameplay options I haven't seen in post #1 (at least, new to me -- I don't have any TS3 EPs so don't know whether any of those were perhaps included later):

Graphics:
- Optional post-processing effects (bloom, blur, shadowing)
- Scene resolution adjustable seperately from UI resolution
- "Laptop mode" (dunno what that is exactly -- some combination of stuff that results in less shininess, more performance)
- Uncompressed sim textures (optionally selectable)

Gameplay:
- "Fill Empty Homes" (toggle -- as in, you can choose not to have the game populate empty houses automagically)

Complete(ish) list here: http://simsvip.com/2014/08/04/the-sims-4-game-options

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#57 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 9:40 PM
@HystericalParoxysm

Removed from TS4

Dishwashers
Trash Compactors
Recycling Bins
Security Alarms

Source:http://billsimnyc.blogspot.ca/2014/...erspective.html

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Test Subject
#58 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 9:08 AM
Were there ghosts in the sims 3 at launch?
Instructor
#59 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by almostanonymous
Were there ghosts in the sims 3 at launch?

Yah. Goth Manor is haunted nightly. And I seem to remember some of the pre-release advertising teased a sim falling in love with a ghost?

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Instructor
#60 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 12:57 PM Last edited by FREEDOM_55 : 19th Aug 2014 at 3:13 PM. Reason: Whoops forgot to add @HystericalParoxysm.
@HystericalParoxysm
Have you seen this comprehensive list of "65+ missing things from the sims 4"?
Here it as another resource in case you missed some stuff: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/759976.page
78 confirm missing features: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...d-base-features
78 and counting confirming mising features : http://ts4truth.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Graphics:
- Optional post-processing effects (bloom, blur, shadowing)

Does this mean that I can turn off bloom and blur? If so, I am one super, super happy girl. This might redeem the game enough for me to buy it regardless.

I'm happy about there being no open world, no story progression, no curfew and no rabbitholes.

If they bring back toddlers, pools, fears, dishwashers, trash compactors, servicemen like gardeners and repairmen, burglars, cars, garages, terrain tools/leveling and ghosts then I think it will have true potential. I don't see why these couldn't be added in EPs and patches - especially since EA would gain more revenue from us buying the EPs purely for these important objects/ages.
Space Pony
#62 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 7:26 PM
I was pretty excited about the Sims 4 until I read about.... no toddlers, no pools, no this or no that. Although the features seem really great, I don't think they are enough for me to even buy it when it first comes out. With no Toddlers, that makes me feel like they've backslid to The Sims 1.
Test Subject
#63 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anshin Lanugo
@HystericalParoxysm

Removed from TS4

Dishwashers
Trash Compactors
Recycling Bins
Security Alarms

Source:http://billsimnyc.blogspot.ca/2014/...erspective.html

I literally just yelled "What the fuck" really loudly....
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 10:44 PM Last edited by zanesaaomgfan : 10th Aug 2014 at 12:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Anshin Lanugo
Removed from TS4

Security Alarms

So are our homes safe from burglars... or will our fancy phones protect us from them?
Test Subject
#65 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 11:06 PM
http://thesims4blogger.tumblr.com/p...th-simgurugrant

Someone on the Sims 3 forums posted this and I'm reading it and all I can think was...YOU LIED TO US. YOU LIAR.

I get it, this post was from almost a year ago and the game was still in progress, BUT STILL.How could they make a game that seemed like it was going to be amazing and then take a crap on it? Probably because they spent so much damn time animating the emotions that no one really asked for.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#66 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moonfox
Does this mean that I can turn off bloom and blur?

I would think so, yes. Of course I don't know firsthand -- but I can't think of anything else this could mean.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#67 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neeri

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if (due to pressure) they decided to make the base game free or low cost, giving all those who pre-ordered $60 (or more) in in-store items. It certainly would curb the criticism of Sim 4's initial lack of content while also being an easily maintainable and profitable form of advertisement by luring in skeptical/curious gamers.

Then again, the simgurus have stated they are proud of what they have made so that may not happen.

They have been actively reading and have defended their decisions.

SimGuruGraham supported the lot loading times with this post http://getsimplyruthless.blogspot.c...creens-and.html

What I found interesting was the potential of expansions not adding to the initial loading time but this was not a feature mentioned in depth.

Anyways, I totally appreciate the list HP and will wait for some gameplay vids before I make a final decision.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#68 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 3:53 AM
I would be very very surprised if EA did that. No I expect it will stay at $88 AUS, then they will put out a $60 EP to give toddlers while holding back pieces that people really want to they will pay more at the Sims 4 shop. This is what I expect, for EA to milk the cash cow for as long as they can.

Either the develops and sim 'gurus' (what a stupid title) are so arrogant and stupid to actually believe this is what people want, or underneath it all they are sweating and panicking. I hope it's the second, but I fear if Sims 4 flops instead of saying "We need to listen to the community" They will go "Look people don't care about sims games any longer, so we'll just quit making them." and that will be the end.

It needs a new company or someone with a lot of money who loves the sims, to get a team together and start from scratch.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#69 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:55 AM
...5 lots per hood? Babies as crib objects? No toddlers?
What is this? The Sims 1 on a new engine?
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by corapntr
SimGuruGraham supported the lot loading times with this post http://getsimplyruthless.blogspot.c...creens-and.html

These are pretty much the reasons why I think getting rid of the open world is an improvement. Then again, of course, there are plenty of other omissions to actually be miffed about...
Test Subject
#71 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zanesaaomgfan
So are our homes safe from burglars... or will our fancy phones protect us from them?

Yes, the homes will be safe from burglars... because there are no burglars in TS4. Another thing cut out.
Test Subject
#72 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 8:11 AM
Holy SHittt!!! Random Name Generator!!!! Wowww. This is what we've waited for. Who the hell cares for only 50x50 lots, just 12 houses per town, no cars, no pools, no basements, misleading trams that seem decorative only, if we have a random name generator!

Thanks EA, company of the future
Test Subject
#73 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 9:27 AM
Basically, it sounds like they're taking a lot more out than they're putting in. It seems to me they would have done much better to just keep TS3 and add a few things like the cool new features in build and emotions. Imho, the core game of TS3 seems much better than TS4--open world, more lot sizes, more lots, pools, toddlers, story progression, etc. I was so looking forward to this game until I learned more about it and now I just feel so disappointed and sad. The sheer volume of deal-breaker nerfs in TS4 is so hard to take that I seriously doubt I'll buy it...Unless I later learn many of the hard-to-take nerfs were wrong OR if they change their mind. Otherwise, TS3 will probably be the end for me.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:39 PM
No newspapers?

Do they have to do it on tablets or something?!

What if we are all sims and are being controlled by a crazy kid?
PROOF:In our Sims game we can play the Sims on our computer,you know now why you go somewhere and just forget what you were doing.
Scholar
#75 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ToxicSweetz
No newspapers?

Do they have to do it on tablets or something?!

its all on their cell phones including garbage, washing dishes, career management, daily news and a whole bunch of other "features"
Page 3 of 7