Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 4:02 PM
Default How do I make a custom hair color map?
I'm making a custom facial hair but I'm unsure what colors to use for the color map, or whatever its called, like which color is used as there are, I think 3 or 4, like the root, tip, highlights, and the base. I need somebody to tell me what colors to use, thats all. Thanks.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 3:18 AM
Nobody knows?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 4:49 PM
It works just like a control map.

Red = root
Green = Highlights
Blue = Tips
Black = Basically the rest of the hair.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
It works just like a control map.

Red = root
Green = Highlights
Blue = Tips
Black = Basically the rest of the hair.

Black! THats the one I was missing. So, I just color the majority black and do I need to do anything else like mask or anything?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 5:37 PM
Facial hair only needs a specular map, a multiplier map and a control map/ mask (i'm not sure what EA calls it for their facial hair) That's all you need! Make sure your multiplier map isn't to dark and your specular map isn't to light. Both could make the facial hair look shiny or really dark. ^-^
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Facial hair only needs a specular map, a multiplier map and a control map/ mask (i'm not sure what EA calls it for their facial hair) That's all you need! Make sure your multiplier map isn't to dark and your specular map isn't to light. Both could make the facial hair look shiny or really dark. ^-^

Alright, thank you, you've been a big help!