Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2015 at 3:08 PM Last edited by Buzzler : 5th May 2015 at 6:18 AM. Reason: OP obviously broke their keyboard or something
Default Lot keeps disappearing
Hello Forum: Thanks for reading my post. I am having a major issue with my lot being built, then having the game crash, and then when I go back into the lot everything I have built is GONE!!! This has occurred twice with a lot. At first I thought perhaps I have a corrupt object in my game, but because this hasn't occurred with other lots in the game, I suspect it is the lot that is corrupted!! It is VERY disheartening to spend so much time building on a lot, and then have the game stop responding and then when I go back into the game and to that lot, everything is gone!! Why is this happening??? I consistently save as I build on the lot, because i know if the game crashes you will lose your last work. Ordinarily, if the game crashed while building, when you go back to that lot after a re-load, the only thing that isn't saved is what you were working on last. The ENTIRE LOT ISN'T WIPED OUT!! It happened to me twice, so at first i assumed I had accidentally clicked bulldoze instead of Build mode to go back into the lot once saving in Edit town. But after it happened again, i knew this wasn't my fault. I have been a SIMMER for many years, and have had corrupt objects in my game. When there are corrupt objects in the game, the game will crash all the time, not just when I'm on a lot.

But for the sake of argument, is there a tool out in Sim3 that allows you to view bad objects and skins?

My second issue is, my DECORATION miscellaneous folder spins like a slot machine, when I'm trying to find objects. What is that?? Is this occurring with anyone else? I've NEVER had this happen before!! Also in DECORATIONS miscellaneous, I have these letters from A TO Z, what the hell is that? I was assuming objects from expansion packs I don't have in the game? I have every expansion pack but "PETS' "SUPERNATURAL" and "INTO THE FUTURE". Oh and the other expansion pack modeled after Game of Thrones. I don't have that either. All others i have. I have really only been playing Sims3 for 3 weeks. I had to wait until I got a more powerful computer to play The Sims again, my laptop couldn't handle it.

My third plee for help is, IS there a MOD created that will allow me to go into CAS and change things about my characters I don't like?

I thank you in advance for all of your help. I am very grateful to those who answered my last post about how to get more energy for my Sims. The cheat code suggestion WORKED!!!! Thank You!!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th May 2015 at 4:01 PM
Were you saving with Save or with Save As? If you were saving with Save, you should have some backups of your save in the Sims 3 folder, something like my game.backup. Remove the .backup and the game will be able to read the folder again. Read this for more info.
It is adviced to use Save As and save under different name each time ex: my game 1, my game 2.
I recommend Nraas Saver. It automates the saving process

Delphy Dashboard shows you files that conflict with each other but only works with package files.

Nraas Master Controller let's you edit already made sims in CAS.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Instructor
#3 Old 4th May 2015 at 4:35 PM
What I do when I'm working on a lot is I regularly save my work to the library/bin and then delete all but the last few saves of the lot. In my experience, even if the game shuts down suddenly or another problem is encountered, I still have a few recent saves in the library/bin.

I also 'Save As' and change the file name slightly to get a fresh save while I'm working (and also playing). Example: New House WIP, New House WIPa, New House WIPb...
A combination of library lot saves and Save As game saves should keep you from loosing all progress when you're working on a lot.

The 'spinning like a slot machine' is the perfect description for that fast scroll. Drives me bonkers when it does that, but it doesn't do it all the time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th May 2015 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim mania
Were you saving with Save or with Save As? If you were saving with Save, you should have some backups of your save in the Sims 3 folder, something like my game.backup. Remove the .backup and the game will be able to read the folder again. Read this for more info.
It is adviced to use Save As and save under different name each time ex: my game 1, my game 2.
I recommend Nraas Saver. It automates the saving process

Delphy Dashboard shows you files that conflict with each other but only works with package files.

Nraas Master Controller let's you edit already made sims in CAS.
thank you soooo much for all of your help. I will look over everything you've told me, because I was about to go crazy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th May 2015 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lindali365
What I do when I'm working on a lot is I regularly save my work to the library/bin and then delete all but the last few saves of the lot. In my experience, even if the game shuts down suddenly or another problem is encountered, I still have a few recent saves in the library/bin.

I also 'Save As' and change the file name slightly to get a fresh save while I'm working (and also playing). Example: New House WIP, New House WIPa, New House WIPb...
A combination of library lot saves and Save As game saves should keep you from loosing all progress when you're working on a lot.

The 'spinning like a slot machine' is the perfect description for that fast scroll. Drives me bonkers when it does that, but it doesn't do it all the time.
Thanks you sooo much for your help!!! I was going crazy!!! You and another Simmer, may have saved me more heartache. I'm going to follow instructions from a link I got, to see if it helps to restore my lot.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#6 Old 5th May 2015 at 6:19 AM
Moved to Help. Is the Help forum really that hard to find?

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman