Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 9:00 PM
WCIF a hack to claim/own beds
i am getting really annoyed at my sims all sleeping in the wrong beds. does anyone know a hack so that beds can have owners, on a similar system to cars in NL? it would be even better if you could show me a hack that allows you to claim whole rooms, but that doesn't sound very possible. i did see a bed ownership hack, but i didn't download it and now i've lost the adress-i am stupid, i know!
thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 9:16 PM
I believe you want the smart beds? That would be on www.simbology.com. Just go to whatever is your lastest EP and it should be under there. :D
Scholar
#3 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 11:05 PM
There is also Pescado's bedsidefix on MATY. I found that TJ's hack conflicted with something in my Downloads folder and it caused sims to reset when making their bed in the morning. This is not to say that TJ's hack is bad because I was using it for a long time and it worked really well until I downloaded something that conflicted, but the Pescado one is an alternative if that one. I think it probably conflicted with Pescado's abortbedmaking.

You will find that no matter which hack you use, when you buy a new bed for the household it will "break" your sims' knowledge of which bed is theirs. Despite using first Smart Beds and then Bedsidefix, I still have sims wanting to use the new bed I place for a newly aged child or teen instead of their assigned bed. I usually end up having to sell all the existing beds and have to buy new beds and make sure sims use them so they know which bed is theirs.

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
Instructor
#4 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 11:30 PM
With the smart beds, there is an option in the pie menu to clear all assigned beds so that you can have your sim recognize a new or alternate bed. You click on the active sim, then the option will be under -adjust>bed controller (or similar).
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wolfyrocker_SC
i am getting really annoyed at my sims all sleeping in the wrong beds. does anyone know a hack so that beds can have owners, on a similar system to cars in NL? it would be even better if you could show me a hack that allows you to claim whole rooms, but that doesn't sound very possible. i did see a bed ownership hack, but i didn't download it and now i've lost the adress-i am stupid, i know!
thanks in advance.

If you have the Uni EP, you can use the 'Myne' door that comes as default in all dorms. Under doors in build mode, enables locking. Only thing is, you can't lock it to enable 2 sims, for example if you want to lock kids out of the parents room. Works well for single-sim bedrooms though. :p
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jazzieroway
If you have the Uni EP, you can use the 'Myne' door that comes as default in all dorms. Under doors in build mode, enables locking. Only thing is, you can't lock it to enable 2 sims, for example if you want to lock kids out of the parents room. Works well for single-sim bedrooms though. :p

This thread is 6 years old. Check the date!