Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 8:45 PM Last edited by deyapretty : 13th Jun 2015 at 2:05 PM.
Can guests behave themselves when invited?
Hello,

I wanted to know if there was a way to have guests behave as normal guests. <-- not going around as if it was their own house (Make yourself at home can't be more true!)

What I mean is whenever I invite people over they all end up going upstairs, enter my room, play with my computer and leave the table in the middle of the diner.
Is there a way to have everyone seated during the diner even if they're done eating? And when everyone is done, I want them to follow me where I go.
I had a sports party the other day and all my guests went everywhere except where the party took place.

Here's an example: for Christmas, I want my Sims to invite the grand-parents for the evening. I want the whole family to have diner together (children, teens, parents, grand-parents) and then when they're done, I'd like them to go to the living room and have them all sit on the sofa in front of the Christmas tree where the kids open their Christmas presents. I want them later to spend a little time together in the living room, having one kid reading on the floor, another one playing or chatting with the granma etc.
And then they will all go to bed (grand-parents will stay over for the night and will sleep in the guests bedroom - and not in MY bed!).

So?

I know the easiest way would be to make everyone selectable but that takes off the spontaneity. Moreover what will happen when I make them unselectable again? Will they leave? Will they stay forever?
I also know I can lock doors and stuff but that doesn't mean they will remain seated and educated during dinner or while watching a movie.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 8:55 PM
Lock the doors. Any door the guests shouldn't go in, you lock and select Allow household only.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Forum Resident
#3 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 9:02 PM
This might help somewhat: http://cyjon.net/node/227

DESCRIPTION: Restricts some of the more absurd visitor behaviors, most of which were introduced in FreeTime
Visitors can no longer use the dance bar (either the buyable one or the career reward), violin, DJ booth, computer, cauldron, spell book, or tent (they can be asked into a tent). They also cannot greet visitors or fish (they can join existing fishing).
These restrictions do not apply to NPCs on the job or to community lots. It includes saner code to prevent resident sims from constantly starting/stopping the dance bar, blogging or surfing the web.
This mod also fixes an EA bug in BFF distance greets. Unfortunately I have to include that here instead of releasing as a separate mod.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 5:35 AM
If you invite them all to a casual group then they tend to hang around you and try and do whatever you're doing.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 4:06 PM
The only mod that I'm aware of that would make everyone sit down and stay that way would be an old mod by Christianlov called Vistor Manager. I've used it a couple of times for weddings and it worked ok except I had too many chairs and they didn't sit exactly where I wanted but it was better than nothing. It also does other things that are optional like manage motives and keeps guests from leaving. Here is a link: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8598.0

Also Inge has a crowd controller as part of her prison and school system which would enable you to gather them all in one room but I'm not sure how this works as a one off unless you used the other parts of it. I think locking doors would probably be the best solution to keeping them confined to a room.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sydsyrious
The only mod that I'm aware of that would make everyone sit down and stay that way would be an old mod by Christianlov called Vistor Manager. I've used it a couple of times for weddings and it worked ok except I had too many chairs and they didn't sit exactly where I wanted but it was better than nothing. It also does other things that are optional like manage motives and keeps guests from leaving. Here is a link: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8598.0

@ sydsyrious Thanks for sharing one question please ( or anyone that may know ) will this mod conflict with Twojeff's Vistors Controller mod ?

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 1:58 AM
@Simonut: Sorry for the late reply....just saw this. My limited experience with this mod has not produced any conflict. I am using the UC and use TwoJeff's VC religiously on every lot. I really haven't played with this mod that much but it sits in my game waiting to be used with no apparent problems. It's not a global hack and only applies to lots that you put it on.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 2:59 AM
For a family time like that I would use the Simlogical Meeting Controller. http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm
You place a token for each sim on the wall who is to attend and click 'enroll' They will show up as you do that, you can zap them away with a transporter or use move objects. Once set up is done and you want your guests over, click 'start meeting'. All your enrolled sims will immediately appear and all will be controllable and won't leave until you click the controller again and choose 'end meeting'. Along with that I would also lock all upstairs bedrooms.

if you really want them to do exactly what you want you could turn free will off. I use a mod that adds the option to every sims pie menu so some might have free will and others might not. It's easy to turn off and on though. So say you want grandad to sit and stay, yes just like a dog lol. You can direct him to the chair you want him to take and turn off his free will, then he should stay there. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...p?topic=12761.0

Then I would use the simblender to make everyone's bladder meter is full. Don't want granddad having an accident in that chair, kind of spoil the festive fun that would. That will also stop traffic jams in the bathroom during the main part of the festivities when you really want them opening gifts or playing a game. Later on you can tell the grands to go sleep in the guest room. Don't forget to unlock the door. You can top up their sleep meter to half later in the day as well so they don't need a nap. They won't leave while the meeting is on, so no 2am departures. Don't click 'end meeting' until you want them to leave the next day.

If you have any babies it's nice to have 'anyone hold the baby'. I like to invite grands over after a baby is born and grandma can stay a day or two and you can hand the baby to her with this, like you do in real life. After that you can unroll them or just leave it set up for next time.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 2:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestions:
I don't know if I should use the Sims Teleporter or the Visitor Manager.

It seems that the Visitor Manager is more realistic. I just want guests to be around me, talking to me, playing with me and stuff.

I've just had an awful time with Uni: I invited over my boyfriend and he entered all the other students' rooms making himself invisible once inside. The most annoying part was that when he was heading to a room, I could not interact with him until we both were inside that room.
Seriously that's so annoying!!! :@