Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 10:49 PM
Default Instructions on using custom maternity outfits with a specific hack
I have the hacked shop-at-home coat rack mod in my game and from my understanding the only way to get it to function with maternity is to create flags via SimPE for particular outfits, but I'm at a loss of how to use SimPE to do so...or if I should just forget it and use something else
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 11:24 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Jun 2015 at 11:38 PM.
In "property set", in the "category" line, you add 100 to whatever number there is (read this first: https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/34791.html). The 3rd number from the right should end up being either 3 (gym+maternity), 2 (gym), 1 (maternity), or 0 (none). As an example, only everyday is 0x00000007, everyday and maternity would be 0x00000107, and adding outerwear and gym would be 0x00001307.

Technically you should be able to use any outfits for pregnant sims without actually setting them for maternity (using a 'preg wear all' hack - if you don't have Inteen, you can use this: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=91730), but if they're categorized you can choose them from an extra everyday category called maternity, if the coat hack allows for it. Don't set other categories than everyday as maternity because they'll just end up in that category and clutter your clothes. The only real difference is that you'll be able to distinguish your non-pregmorph clothes from maternity enabled clothes.

The outfits also need a pregmorph to actually show as maternity, so I suggest you check ingame if you're unsure. I'm not sure if you can check for a morph in SimPE.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
In "property set", in the "category" line, you add 100 to whatever number there is (read this first: https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/34791.html). The 3rd number from the right should end up being either 3 (gym+maternity), 2 (gym), 1 (maternity), or 0 (none). As an example, only everyday is 0x00000007, everyday and maternity would be 0x00000107, and adding outerwear and gym would be 0x00001307.

Technically you should be able to use any outfits for pregnant sims without actually setting them for maternity (using a 'preg wear all' hack - if you don't have Inteen, you can use this: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=91730), but if they're categorized you can choose them from an extra everyday category called maternity, if the coat hack allows for it. Don't set other categories than everyday as maternity because they'll just end up in that category and clutter your clothes. The only real difference is that you'll be able to distinguish your non-pregmorph clothes from maternity enabled clothes.

The outfits also need a pregmorph to actually show as maternity, so I suggest you check ingame if you're unsure. I'm not sure if you can check for a morph in SimPE.

Thank you so much!

Out of curiosity would you reccomend just using the insimenator hack or going into SimPe. I know which clothes have the morphs for pregnant sims and I'm trying to make things a bit...easier for my comp to deal with.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 4:57 AM
Also I can't seem to get to the property sets...I swear SimPE is the least user friendly interface ever
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 12:11 PM
Click on Property Set in the left resource window. It should pop up in the right resource window (if it doesn't, reset the interface by clicking the icon of a blue circle with a red X in the top menu). Click it again, and it should pop up in the Plugin View at the bottom, ready to be edited (if it doesn't, check that the plugin view tab is there, and is selected).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 3:00 AM
Click on Property Set in the left resource window. It should pop up in the right resource window (if it doesn't, reset the interface by clicking the icon of a blue circle with a red X in the top menu). Click it again, and it should pop up in the Plugin View at the bottom, ready to be edited (if it doesn't, check that the plugin view tab is there, and is selected).
Thank you so much. It seems like I none of the maternity outfits I find work with the category change. They're just floating heads.
My shop-at-home coat rack may causes problems, but it seems my only option is squinge's hack...though I'm not a fan of it at all. I think pregnancy morphs only work with squinge I guess.

Thank you
Forum Resident
#7 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 12:28 PM
Outfits appearing as floating heads is probably a sign that their meshes are missing.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 12:58 PM
The floating heads could be a different problem, since most clothes without pregmorphs will just show a flat belly. Floating heads sound more like a showerproof skin missing a mesh, or clothes with a borked or missing mesh.

Just to test if it's a problem with your game, have you tried these outfits? http://www.all-about-style.com/themes_maternity.html
I think most are maternity-enabled, and all have pregmorphs.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 3:55 PM
I have that free-clothes rack, and a "wear any clothes" mod, but stuff doesn't always work - some clothes refuse to be "pregnant" - I assume that's because there IS NO preg mesh (although I thought that's what the "wear any clothes" mod fixed). And there are some clothes - in every category - where it only shows a picture of some maxis thing, but show nothing when put on (floating head). For example, a teen will see this, but an adult will see an actual outfit that works correctly. So complicated.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 6:12 PM
Sometimes one of the files is placed too deep in the Downloads folder for the game to read it properly (most likely the mesh), so the game shows the file itself but can't show it properly. A maxis outfit shows instead (as a placeholder), and the result is a sim without a body. The same happens if the mesh doesn't exist in the Downloads folder.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 1:56 AM
Sometimes one of the files is placed too deep in the Downloads folder for the game to read it properly (most likely the mesh), so the game shows the file itself but can't show it properly. A maxis outfit shows instead (as a placeholder), and the result is a sim without a body. The same happens if the mesh doesn't exist in the Downloads folder.

I though that having things in sub-folders was OK if you had a certain EP (I have them all)?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#12 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I though that having things in sub-folders was OK if you had a certain EP (I have them all)?

It is, but there may be a limit on how many layers of sub-foldering the game can properly handle. In my experience, sub-sub-folders (Downloads\one\two) are OK, and I even have a few sub-sub-sub-folders (Downloads\one\two\three) as well. However, I wouldn't want to push farther down than that, just to play it safe.

Also, it's conceivable that "too deep" could have something to do with the total number of sub-folders under the Downloads folder.