Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 6:36 AM Last edited by aristicats11 : 3rd Feb 2010 at 6:56 AM.
Default Multiple Families Living On A Lot?
Has anybody made this yet? If not, maybe somebody could? I don't really know how to make an orphanage besides getting apartment life I guess. Please help~

Er..I'm not sure if we are allowed to post questions here. Sorry if this is the wrong section Mods/Admins
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 9:32 AM
When you're looking for mods or cc for your game, please post in the appropriate wcif section (after reading the guidelines there, which point you to resources you should search first). Also, please be aware that MTS doesn't have a forum for requests.

I would normally move this to wcif for you, but in this case there's no point: there is no mod that makes it possible to have multiple independent households on the same lot outside of Apartment Life. (For people interested in how AL works: you are allowed a maximum of four playable apartments per lot and the game treats each apartment occupied by a playable Sim as its own sublot. So each occupied apartment is its own savepoint with its own timeline, just like any other residence.)

However, it is not clear to me that this is what you would want for an orphanage, which is typically a community-living environment. Perhaps you could explain how your orphanage is supposed to work?

There are mods (like Inge's keys at Simlogical) that allow you to set up apartment-like rules for doors in your game.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 6:26 PM
Don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I wanted to create a retirement home that would house different individuals and couples. I wanted them to keep their own names and I didn't want the family name to be the same as any of the residents. Without having to buy another EP. So I used the Foster home challenge concept - and created a rich benefactor named "Retirement" and moved him into a big house (with the mortgage hacks so he could afford to move in there). Used motherlode to eliminate the mortgages and then moved my retired people into the house. At that point I killed off my original "Joe Retirement".
Instructor
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 11:02 PM
To make an orphanage without apartment life isn't that hard at all. I say build or download an appropriate residential lot and then move in the caretaker(s). Then, either have them adopt a couple kids or using the Sim Blender or something, teleport the children to the lot and add them to the household.

The first way is good if you don't want any children that's already been created and established in your sim town, or to get back kids that were already taken from the social worker. The second way is good if you want to get established children who still have their own last names, memories, and skills.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 2:35 AM
I never thought of adopting, I was thinking more of making the families and jam packing it full with kids.. But that seems like a good idea.

Sorry for the wrong section, I'll go read the guide thing again.