Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 8:41 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom music not playing in CAS mode
So I'm getting a bit bored of the default CAS music so I decided to put in my own music, all are .mp3 files and I put them inside the documents/eagames/thesims2ultimatecollection/music/CAS. I opened the game and went into the options and unticked all the default CAS music and only left my own music ticked I also tested them to make sure they were working so I let them play and they were working. I go into CAS and one of my custom songs start playing, no problem but when the song ended it did not go onto the next one or play any others the music just went off. So the only way it would play them is that after that song ended I would have to manually toggle a song on but after that one ended the music still switched off and wouldn't go onto the next one.

How can I fix this? thank you for reading
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 9:30 PM
It can depend on file size. The game doesn't like large mpeg files.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
It can depend on file size. The game doesn't like large mpeg files.

The game doesn't accept mpeg files it only accepts .mp3 and all my files are .mp3
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mousedroidz21
The game doesn't accept mpeg files it only accepts .mp3 and all my files are .mp3

Sorry, you're right but it still doesn't like large file sizes.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Sorry, you're right but it still doesn't like large file sizes.

what is the limit to how large each file must be?