Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 12:50 AM Last edited by Florentzina : 30th Jul 2016 at 1:05 AM.
Default Good hacked object substitutes for the hobbies Tinker, Science and Medicine in Medivial/Historical hoods?
This thread might also be suitable for a discussion thread, but I put it in the WCIF section as that was the intention.

I often base my families on the hobbies from Freetime when it comes to figure out what kind of lifestyle/occupation they might have, but focusing on business lots rather than the careers, like Tinker for mechanics, Medicine for Doctors etc. My hood is set loosely in more pre-modern settings (17th-19th centuary), but I tends to opt for medivial feel to it as my hood are on the rural side (rather than Victorian). But Im a bit lost what kind of hacked objects would be suitable for these three hobbies, because tinkering with cars and looking for stars in the telescop doesnt feel THAT suitable. While medicine, the only "vanilla" idea Ive are selling grandma soup.

So, for those who play more pre-historical/medivial hoods - what would you use for your doctors, scientists and mechanics sims?

EDIT:
I only know that plumbob keep (or smth like that?) do has medival objects but not sure which one would affect these three hobbies and I only have basic yahoo and hotmail email accounts so preferable sites where the objects can easily be assessed to. (remember passwords is a pain the neck for me. )
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 1:01 AM
I use some of the objects and invisible recolours from PBK http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...?f=111&start=25
Tinkering is hard though, my sims only tinker on objects.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 1:56 AM
I ended up downloading several of the recolors and invisible objects (but removed many as I only need a 1-3 colors of the object not 10) from link. :lovestruc
I thought medievalsims.com required registration for downloading so I never used that website... Im going to get an AMD laptop in near future so I started revamp my download folder now.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 2:57 AM
There is a LOT worth downloading from there, especially all the workbenches by Sun&Moon. No, you don't have to be registered. I am but can't log in. Something no one could resolve so they opened the Sun&Moon area since that had been changed to registered.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~