Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HoodChecker 1.0.3 - Neighborhood Corruption Detector (Updated February 11, 2013)

by Mootilda Posted 29th Sep 2011 at 4:50 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:51 PM by Nysha

443 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 349 Feedback Posts, 93 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 16 of 18
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#376 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 1:48 AM
Is a 'valid neighborhood' one that came with the games (i.e. not a custom hood?) I ask because none of my custom hoods can be checked after I downloaded it.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#377 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 4:15 PM
There's no problem checking custom hoods. Do you get some kind of error? Have you tried Browsing to the neighborhood package?
Link Ninja
#378 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
There's no problem checking custom hoods. Do you get some kind of error? Have you tried Browsing to the neighborhood package?

I get the error "The neighborhood check was aborted! An Error Occured during the examination of your neighborhood. The current version of the HoodChecker is unable to continue"

I have all SP and EP's and I can look at my neighborhood in SimPE - is that what you mean by browsing to the neighborhood package? It pulls up in the first view of the hood checker but I see no other browsing options.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#379 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 7:26 PM
If you'd like me to try to find out what's wrong, I'll need a copy of your neighborhood.
Link Ninja
#380 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 3:29 AM
If you'd like me to try to find out what's wrong, I'll need a copy of your neighborhood.

I would very much appreciate it. I know my neighborhood HAS corruption but don't know how much or if the program can help contain it all. My neighborhood, once zipped is 809 MB. I will be uploading it to drop box, is that fine? Do I just put the link here or PM it?

Site Helper
Original Poster
#381 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 6:45 PM
Just put the link here.
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#382 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 10:11 PM
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#383 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 12:44 PM
Is it safe to check Sims Stories neighbourhoods?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#384 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 5:28 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 19th Apr 2014 at 9:14 PM.
I'm sorry. I don't have the Stories installed, so I don't know whether they will work or not.

If I remember correctly, Life and Pet Stories use the standard Sims 2 game engine, so they are more likely to work, but Castaway Stories made fundamental changes to key records and will probably not work correctly.

Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I get the error "The neighborhood check was aborted! An Error Occured during the examination of your neighborhood. The current version of the HoodChecker is unable to continue"
I cannot reproduce this problem. Both checking and fixing worked without any errors.
Link Ninja
#385 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 10:03 PM
Thanks for looking into it. It just doesn't seem to want to run on my computer for some reason.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#386 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 11:53 PM
Is it working for the pre-made neighborhoods?
Link Ninja
#387 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 7:28 PM
Is it working for the pre-made neighborhoods?

I deleted my pre-mades since I don't play them. I just play the one custom hood.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#388 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 11:36 AM
Good job... Great contribution... Thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#389 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 10:31 AM
This literally saved my life. I cannot thank you enough.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#390 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 12:06 AM Last edited by bakemono : 7th Jul 2014 at 1:00 AM.
Thank you Mootilda. I have stopped playing The Sims 2 since I didn't like how it kept glitching on me.
But your mod and neighborhood files have made me able to play again =).

Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#391 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 11:43 AM Last edited by jvms20 : 8th Jul 2014 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Found the problem
Hey thank you for this application, it sounds like it could really save me from a really messed up game. However, I know this is probably a stupid question, but as soon as I opened the Hood checker it gave me an error that said "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue." And on the bottom it says, "Could not load file or assembly 'simpe.package. Version=1.0.2909.39936. Culture=neutral. PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies." I have no idea what any of that meant. Did I miss something? Please, help, if it's not too much of a problem. Thank you.

Whoopsie! I forgot to extract it to my computer. So sorry, I'm really exhausted. Thank you for everything!
Test Subject
#392 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 6:27 PM
Thank you sooo much for this mod, I really don't know if I have any corruption, but it's nice to have this to check up with! I do have a problem though that many others in this forum also has had. It said something like this: Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue." "Could not load file or assembly 'simpe.package. Version=1.0.2909.39936. Culture=neutral. PublicKeyToken=null' I know I have extracted the files, so this is really frustrating Thanks again!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#393 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 4:04 AM
The message says that the program can't gain access to a file named simpe.package.dll. Can you see a file with that name in the location where you are running the EXE?
Scholar
#394 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 6:19 AM
Will this work with the Ultimate Collection, and if not, are you planning on releasing a version that does? I'd assume the only reason it wouldn't is because of the different install path used...
Site Helper
Original Poster
#395 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 2:06 AM
I don't know about the Ultimate Collection, since i haven't got it installed, but I assume that everything will work fine. If it's not seeing your neighborhood, just use the Browse feature to navigate to the neighborhood package.
Scholar
#396 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 2:11 AM
It works! It works just fine! I don't know how you managed to make it so forward-compatible without having any way to know the UC was even going to exist, but I feel I must heap praise on you for your programming skill. From now on, I think I'm just going to regard HoodChecker and Scriptorium (the one other program that worked faultlessly with the UC) as black boxes that I don't want to know the workings of, instead being glad at how well they do work!
Test Subject
#397 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 3:30 AM
Is it in fact a good idea to run this and use the remove options on a newly installed game just installed and the hoods first loaded? I worry things will start to disappear before I've even started playing. Believe me though, if it does keep everything stable, I'll be singing its praises. (Or should I create a cemetery lot in each hood first just to be safe?)
Site Helper
Original Poster
#398 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 4:56 PM
It's probably a better idea to download and install fixed and clean or empty templates, since the shipped neighborhoods all come with existing corruption:
http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

It can't hurt to have cemetery lots in each hood. The HoodChecker will move undeliverable lots to your cemeteries if you choose.
Test Subject
#399 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 10:12 AM
It's probably a better idea to download and install fixed and clean or empty templates, since the shipped neighborhoods all come with existing corruption:
http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

It can't hurt to have cemetery lots in each hood. The HoodChecker will move undeliverable lots to your cemeteries if you choose.

Thanks for the quick reply! Makes me nervous just thinking about mucking about in there; especially odd considering a few years ago I would just patch-and-pray. Looks like it'll be worth a try.
My worry was the Mr. Burns effect: full of so many bugs, it's in complete equilibrium, so once I start removing some, the rest would run rampant.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#400 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:26 AM
this is a great program and I would recommend it for anyone who plays the sims 2
Page 16 of 18