Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2018 at 12:58 AM
Default Editing the Genie in SimPE?
Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster (and anything modder-related)!

To make a long story short, my absolute favorite TS2 eyes are the Erin Eyes , but the supernatural set has one drawback: no default eyes for the Genie! Now this is probably because he's tied to an object, so for now only the Maxis eyes show up.

So I ended up downloading SimPE to extract the Erin eye texture I wanted, and then pasted the texture over another eye default I had found (I couldn't find the genie's lamp in the Object Workshop) in Photoshop.

It looks fine in SimPE (bottom) but this was the result (top):

https://imgur.com/a/N9aRdQp

It's horribly pixellated. And when I entered SimPE again the textr file had become pixellated too (see attachment).

Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks in advance!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th May 2018 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LeniPlumbobs
Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster (and anything modder-related)!

To make a long story short, my absolute favorite TS2 eyes are the Erin Eyes , but the supernatural set has one drawback: no default eyes for the Genie! Now this is probably because he's tied to an object, so for now only the Maxis eyes show up.

So I ended up downloading SimPE to extract the Erin eye texture I wanted, and then pasted the texture over another eye default I had found (I couldn't find the genie's lamp in the Object Workshop) in Photoshop.

It looks fine in SimPE (bottom) but this was the result (top):

https://imgur.com/a/N9aRdQp

It's horribly pixellated. And when I entered SimPE again the textr file had become pixellated too (see attachment).

Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Oh I think I know what went wrong because I had a problem just like this before when I extracted a texture. Did you download the DDS plugin for Photoshop?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2018 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Oh I think I know what went wrong because I had a problem just like this before when I extracted a texture. Did you download the DDS plugin for Photoshop?

No, but I did after reading your post! I'm guessing the .png or texture files need to used with these plugins?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th May 2018 at 2:21 AM
I think you are right Squid...
You need to right click on your image in SimPE, and choose Build DXT. Instead of Importing your new texture.
A window will pop asking you to browse to your new .png file. Then you click Build, commit and save.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2018 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I think you are right Squid...
You need to right click on your image in SimPE, and choose Build DXT. Instead of Importing your new texture.
A window will pop asking you to browse to your new .png file. Then you click Build, commit and save.

The option isn't available, but this texture was also made before the DDS plugin was installed.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th May 2018 at 3:18 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 7th May 2018 at 12:47 PM.
Well, it should be available. Make sure you installed the DDS Utilities properly.
Oh! Just to be sure..did you told SimPE where to find your newly installed DDS?
Under Extra/Preferences...

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th May 2018 at 7:46 PM
@Squidconqueror and @Rosebine

Thank you guys so much for all your help! After I identified my DDS file the DTX option became available, and I followed your Build don't Import instructions. When I booted my TS2 and my genie's eyes are clear and beautiful now! :lovestruc
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th May 2018 at 9:01 PM
Here you go! That's awesome

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th May 2018 at 6:01 PM
For anyone who wants to download these eyes the're now available for download!

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=611854