Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 12:49 AM
Default New buildings that you can get.
I was wondering if anyone has figured a way to add more shops or services to the kingdom?
Adding a butcher or a baker would be cool. maybe even a magic shop.

Angels and ministers of the faith defend us from the idiots of the world
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kalar Norween
I was wondering if anyone has figured a way to add more shops or services to the kingdom?
Angels and ministers of the faith defend us from the idiots of the world

Yeah, no. One of the many things your can't do with The Sims Medieval. There is no build mode, there are no prefabs to choose from, and there is only limited use of odd spots where you can put stuff. No bakeries, no barns, no gardens, no magic shoppes, no libraries, no stables, no farms, pretty much nothing but what you have in the basic game. There are ways to work around it like landscaping with the herb spawners or making one of the upper rooms in the castle a library. If you add the magic skill to your blacksmith he will make and sell the magic tools that you can sell. But nothing new has yet been(nor is ever likely to be) added. It's one of the really major gripes that a lot of us have about the game, you really can't enrich it much. What you see is almost all you have. Sorry about that.

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Scholar
#3 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 6:17 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 12th Aug 2012 at 4:57 PM.
I had a merchant who had the creative cook trait. I tried having her cook and sell food at the stall but it sold for 0 simoleans lol. I don't know if this is true of all the cooked food, but the ones I tried were given away for free......you can always still do that and pay yourself after a set number of fair days with kaching.
You can make a little cafe in the market place and put food on all the tables, sims do come along and eat it, and again just give yourself a fair kaching wage for the effort.
Not what you were looking for I know, but it's about the closest you'll get.

Anyone else got any ideas for new ways to play the professions?....even if you have to cheat to get paid for it?
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 5:08 PM
I was thinking you could use the knight's yard or the merchants bit as a garden with the spawners, have one gathering sim collect them all as their 'job'. Have the merchant be a flower seller so her wage is dictated by how many flowers they can sell. And use 'view inventory' of your gatherer to take stuff for any sim who uses the flowers/herbs as part of their profession....again giving the designated gatherer a fair kaching wage.

It's not exactly farming lol but it is a different way to play.
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 5:15 PM
lol I don't know what's wrong with my head, but I'll apologize in advance....
You can turn the tavern into a brothel. Kaching for every 2nd or 4th 'customer'.
I'm so sorry *blush* lol
I'm going to start a kingdom with 5 Angels and 5 demons soon and I just finished making a succubus for it.
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
lol I don't know what's wrong with my head, but I'll apologize in advance....
You can turn the tavern into a brothel. Kaching for every 2nd or 4th 'customer'.
I'm so sorry *blush* lol
I'm going to start a kingdom with 5 Angels and 5 demons soon and I just finished making a succubus for it.

I'd use motherlode for that! hahaha
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
I had a merchant who had the creative cook trait. I tried having her cook and sell food at the stall but it sold for 0 simoleans lol. I don't know if this is true of all the cooked food, but the ones I tried were given away for free......you can always still do that and pay yourself after a set number of fair days with kaching.
You can make a little cafe in the market place and put food on all the tables, sims do come along and eat it, and again just give yourself a fair kaching wage for the effort.
Not what you were looking for I know, but it's about the closest you'll get.

Anyone else got any ideas for new ways to play the professions?....even if you have to cheat to get paid for it?

When I aged-up my Princess into an adult I was stuck with her not doing anything. So what I did is gave her Gathering, Medicine and Medcraft abilities as well as Lutecraft for the hell of it. She's the Royal Physician now (but still has her title as Princess... actually I might change it to Infanta). I'm planning to marry her to my Peteran Priest and letting her live over there since she'll never inherit the throne unless her younger brother suddenly dies and I'm using all the powers I have as Watcher to not let that happen.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 6:35 PM
Default New buildings are possible!
Quote: Originally posted by Kalar Norween

I have found a possible way to add extra buildings, though I have as yet only tested the ability to build a small building. It was shocking that it was actually possible, except that there is no way that I have found to add a door to said building. There are no doors that can be purchased in Buydebug, or the regular Furnish mode, but perhaps one might be creative enough to make a door either with the objects that are buyable or perhaps a modder might create one?

I learned that if a player has Moveobjects on in TSMP&N they can stack the Oak wall boards, and the stone ones as well that have the indention in the middle to place the small religious statues inside, such as the game does for the Peteran church when the option to build that church already furnished does by game default. These walls can be moved up and down without a need to be placed against another wall for support, as long as Moveobjects on is implemented. If one is careful and stacks them together properly, they can make a fine building. I made my test building inside my monarch's front yard area outside. It looked like a building alright! LOL

I came to try this out as I had an idea try a food kitchen for the thieving peasants, as I get so tired of them stealing at every moment of game play my sims' food! NONE of them can be trusted! The game does not seem to allow NPC's to cook for themselves, but made them to be total thieves, and starving to death 90% of the time! So the food kitchen idea came to mind, but it would likely be hell in trying to maintain it when my sims have responsibilities to perform in their quests. But I am about at my wits end with the continuous theft in my kingdoms so I'm ready to try a method to stop it!

What actually caused me to try making a new building when I did (just days ago) was during trying to figure out why my bard's bedroom door on the upper floor of the Tavern would be locked when I did not lock her door but the door to the tavern keeper's/helper's door, as I locked the newly made NPC inside so as he could not serve the peasants for free anymore, or give away the good drinks in the casks. The only Sims paying for drinks at the tavern are MY hero sims! The poor bard needs "motherlode" just to make a buck in this game for pities sake! Anyway, I had Moveobjects on trying to pull back parts of the tavern building in order to check for items that may have been in the bards way to understand why the heck she could not get into her room, as sometimes the game is overly touchy about the placement of items in a ridiculous way. The blue peacock fans for instance need the same space as a bathtub which is ludicrous in reality!

In the above process, my hand cursor caught the door, and I used the Esc key on my keyboard to replace it. Days ago in the throne room, I realized the doors/doorways can be moved to another spot in the building against the wall, and can be used to enter, and depart. THIS revelation is EXCITING news for me!!!! I am positive I will be able to make more room for the way I would prefer to design certain rooms within the kingdom! I just wish I could add more doors.

I am fixing to make a new kingdom soon, and plan to test this moving places of doors/doorways more thoroughly, and can let all know the outcome later, and with pics I hopefully remember to take. LOL Wish me luck.

TC Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Scholar
#9 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 10:03 PM
Unfortunately, no; we can only place the pre-created buildings in this game.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
Unfortunately, no; we can only place the pre-created buildings in this game.

As I stated in the larger reply to the question, it is possible to make a building and place it/them in the free spaces within a kingdom, though a player would have to build it from scratch using the materials found inside Buy De Bug, and regular furnish mode, though the building (s) are like to be quite small, as this end result seems the most realistic and sensible.

As to what the small buildings would be used for shops, public toilets, or whatever else, would mainly be up to the individual player's creative talents. I would hope that every Simmer has a great deal of creativity flowing through their minds since at least half the time taken to play a Sims game is used to CREATE styles, and decor, build, and develop.

There are only a few wall, and fencing materials added in TSMPN, but as the default auto added buildings are not in top modern condition, but actually half broken and torn down (looking) right after they are placed (holes and cracks in walls etc) I think just about any shack a Simmer could creat6e using these materials might just be as fine as a mini mansion, and I suspect, especially if added in The Eternal Kingdom, any of us Players/Watcher's using our high tech creative minds could make a useful establishment out of the buildings we might put together.

It all depends on how much a gamer wants extra buildings as to how far they will go to get them when it seems at this time that no modder can create a mod to do so for players.

As to the doors, y'all, they move and do replace in other spaces on the walls quite nicely, HOWEVER, to move the doors is a waste of time, as I came to find out that though the door has changed location, My Sims do not care, they walk in and out or through the wall where the door was placed originally by the developers of this game, without needing the actual door to get through from one room to another. OH WELL!

TC Yall, and I say BUILD if ya want to, IT IS POSSIBLE. To what degree you take it is ENTIRELY up to YOU! BLESS!

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.