Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 11:33 AM
Default Stuck with the Physician - Aaarrggh!!
I started Sims Medieval a while back. After playing for hours, I came with this Hero (Physician) and got stuck at this point shown in the picture below:

I'm unable to visit fountain. Its not coming anymore. It always say take a stroll.

Have read all the books don't know which heroic stories it needs to read.

So I left it in anger. Then after few weeks came back to play it. 2 days have passed still couldn't figure it out.

Can anyone help me out?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 1:49 PM
Check your physician's inventory. That quest just pops the "Heroic Tales" book into the character's inventory, IIRC. I remember looking for it at the Shoppe and on everyone's bookcase when the character already had it the whole time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 3:14 PM
You mean this book:

I have made the Sim read it several times. Nothing happens after it. I tried it again after reading your reply, still nothing.
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 3:18 AM
have you tried fiddling or whittling?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluejax
I started Sims Medieval a while back. After playing for hours, I came with this Hero (Physician) and got stuck at this point shown in the picture below:

I'm unable to visit fountain. Its not coming anymore. It always say take a stroll.

Have read all the books don't know which heroic stories it needs to read.

So I left it in anger. Then after few weeks came back to play it. 2 days have passed still couldn't figure it out.

Can anyone help me out?

bluejax,
I had this problem too. You can't return to the fountain unless your Sim has the negative buff associated with their fatal flaw. That is the proof you need. So, since she's puny, I guess she would need to be tired or exhausted? When you get the buff, go back to the forest and click on the sign, "return to the fountain" should now show in the choices. As for the book, did you go to the Village Shop and see if you need to buy it there? Good luck.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amc462000
have you tried fiddling or whittling?

Fiddling no idea about it? But as for whittling you can see in the picture. I have done many times you can see in the inventory I have crafted 23 horses. Still nothing!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoryAusten22
bluejax,
I had this problem too. You can't return to the fountain unless your Sim has the negative buff associated with their fatal flaw. That is the proof you need. So, since she's puny, I guess she would need to be tired or exhausted? When you get the buff, go back to the forest and click on the sign, "return to the fountain" should now show in the choices. As for the book, did you go to the Village Shop and see if you need to buy it there? Good luck.

Oh!! I gotta make the Sim tired or exhausted. I was making the Sim goto sleep when it was about to be tired. As for the book I have tried the Village Shop no book is there.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluejax
Oh!! I gotta make the Sim tired or exhausted. I was making the Sim goto sleep when it was about to be tired. As for the book I have tried the Village Shop no book is there.

There is a mod by Shimrod that makes the Druid's bookshelf have all the books in the game. It should be in the thread that Chickie updated today. Do try buying the best bookshelf you can afford and see if it's in there. Otherwise all I can tell you is to enable the testing cheats and do the control click to bypass the book reading.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 10:32 AM
Thanks again @RoryAusten22 for helping me out. Anyhow I figured it out, I was able to get to the fountain again. I went to the Village Shop and bought that violin. I played it once and then when I clicked on the forest. The option for going to fountain came and now my quest is completed.