Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 4:39 PM
Awesome stories! Amaira, you're going for the genius trait with Melinda, then? Good luck!
TheFoundersLegacy, I thought something like that had happened, but it's pretty crazy to see it spelled out in the story. And there's even MORE? I can't wait for more of the story of what happened.

I'm still playing. I played a week or so at home, with nothing of note happening, and then took the two younger twins on vacation(hey, Alexander gets 3 vacations during adulthood, he's just taking them late :p). I played through almost the entire vacation, then my game crashed, and I'd forgotten to save since day 2. :'(
So I will update once I have something worth updating! I did pick my heir though...
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 9:47 PM
Back home, Jesse and Allie had reached childhood. Jesse developed an intense fear of water, while Allie seemed to possess her father's lucky streak. The cabin erected for Jesse was themed after French nectar, with opulent, dark-wood furnishings and classic color. Allie, on the other hand, requested a cabin furnished in the Egyptian fashion. Unfortunately, during his time spent in Egypt, Alexander had caught the traveling bug. He wanted to take another trip, but Alisha told him that he wasn't allowed to take the older twins again, as they had to focus on school. So, he decided to take Jesse and Allie with him to Shang Simla.

He'd hoped that they would be allowed to come along on adventures with him, but unfortunately the local laws in China prohibited anyone under the age of 12 from taking adventure opportunities. So, they spent the 6 days of their vacation at the base camp. Allie devoted herself to learning the strategies of chess, while Jesse spent all day lounging around in an armchair, studying Chinese literature. He eventually finished the base camp's entire library, and joined his sister at the chess table. By the time the vacation was over, both twins had raised their logic skill to level 6.

In the meantime, Alexander was keeping busy. He explored the Halls of the Lost Army(locating the Symbol of the Halls of the Lost Army relic), and then heard a rumor in town about a legendary axe that could split boulders as big as a car with a single swing. Of course, he had to search for that! He found a resident of the town who exchanged some information about the possible whereabouts of the axe for a promise that Alexander would come back and help him after he finished his quest. After a long, hard and wet journey, he discovered the axe deep underground, in Pangu's Haven. It was everything the legend had claimed it to be. To thank the local for his information, Alexander used the axe to gain entry to the Hot Springs Cave, clearing out the tomb and obtaining the relic Symbol of the Hot Springs Cave.

For his services to China, Alexander was awarded visa level 3, which brought with it the ability to purchase property in Shang Simla. He just barely managed to scrape together enough simoleons to purchase a small house in town called the Plum Blossom House. It only had three rooms - one bedroom, a living area, and a bathroom - but the front yard was roomy enough to set up a tent for more adventurous sims. The twins were very enthusiastic about the new house, and persuaded Alexander to buy a chess table to put on the front porch. They were also full of plans to construct some kind of writing den for Jesse - apparently he wanted to be a famous author now - but Alexander told them that it could wait until next time. For now, it was time to go home.
Test Subject
#53 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 8:36 AM
Amaira-

Lol, too funny, we are both waiting around for Daemon to croak. Hahaa.
I'm so glad you liked the update, i agree it was horrible of them, poor penny huh? It is a pretty long and crazy storyline. As I was playing them, i kept getting all these ideas for them. If i write out the story, they seem so much more then just controllable dolls and in turn are just so much more fun for me to play. I don't really like writing normal style legacy stories as much, although ill probably do the other legacy family im playing under that style- really don't want to be writing two huge stories, lol. I just really love writing totally fictional dramatic stories, its just so much more fun to me.

Getting the right pictures is pretty tricky i must admit. I really miss the sims 2 for that. I still didnt even have the pictures the exact way i wanted. It pretty much requires that you know what every interaction looks like, or you make them do every interaction and take 5000 pictures and sift through plucking out the best. I do a little of both. I know what most interactions generally bring, but sometimes it doesn't turn out the way i hoped, so i just take oodles of pictures and select out the best ones. The thing i hate that always happens to me, is they do this most PERFECT interaction, so i quickly hit the pause and even though its paused they move a couple seconds more switching to a different position! Totally defeating the purpose of pause. lmao. That in itself is pretty tricky and has left me frustrated many times. I still in no way have mastered it yet. Im just dying for someone to bring out an animation hack for storytellers, that would be so amazing.

I just loved your update! Hooray for twins! Lets just hope you don't pull a tigger and have a second set. Lol, thats just not as much fun. I never get twins without egging them on, that would be nice to have that random surprise.
Hahaa, sharing a room with babies is the worst. On the other legacy family im playing - im doing the baby baker mini challenge. It's proving quite frustrating. So the babies sleep outside and the parents sleep in the only room. Hows that for motherly and fatherly love? lol. I love the childish trait, although i must say i wish they could play with all the childs toys, the block table and the peg box and such. That would be fun. Lol.

Love the birthday shot, your house is looking great!! Looking very big! I totally laughed at the grim reaper crashing the party. How very rude and inconsiderate of that party guest to breathe his last breath at the girls most special and important birthday! Hahaa- at least it was still epic!- Maybe old grimmie wasnt such a crasher after all. If the grim reaper showed up at my birthday i think people would be pretty impressed!

Lol, i always forget my sims traits when i go to write them down too. I havent even listed Abela's Or Zains yet. I always forget one or two of them and then i just dont bother writing any of them down.
Love Briars shirt too. Hahaa. If that's bad tv well then call me a Fan! Can't wait to see them as teenagers. Hope the reaper showing up didn't scar the girls for life i am really excited to see what happens next!!

There is a ton going on with Zain and Abela I'm excited to share it with you guys. I have already written out the next couple parts, i just need to edit, and get the pictures ( which to me is the most time consuming. ) However it will be a few days before I can probably post it. I have a pretty busy weekend planned. Well actually Just tmw and Saturday. I hope to have it up by Sunday.
Test Subject
#54 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 8:58 AM
Tigger-

So glad to hear from you. Glad you have been liking the stories! Ooh yes there is so much more to the story of Zain and Abela. Thats 1 tip of the iceburg. Lol. So so happy you liked it. I can't wait for you to read the coming parts. There is a lot that is going to be coming!

Sorry to hear about your crash. Ugh, truly horrible. Losing all of that vacation time. I was having big time crashing a few days back, deleted some custom content that i assumed was causing problems and voila it worked. Also i think my computers fan is wearing out. The other day i loaded my computer and it said the fan had failed. Great. So far though seems to be ok. I have been backing up like crazy and every night i store my family on my portable flash drive so if my computer goes i still have my families.

I love the sounds of your themed cabins! I can't wait to see pictures at the end/or start of the next generations if you are able to of course. Sounds like your lot has really blossomed from what it was on day 1.

I always seem to lump my vacations together too. Only because i find i kind of dread them. They slightly annoy me. In all my time playing sims i have never gotten the hydrophobic trait. Must be interesting, lol.

I hate how children can't do any adventure opportunitys. Not even simple things like fishing or gem collecting. Vacations are so dull with a child. I really wish you could get more then one pangus axe. And complete tombs more then once. Theres another mod i would just die for. So happy you got to lvl 3 visa! Good for you! Vacations improve once you are able to live in your own house, it truly bites staying in those base camps. Glad your vacation re-do seemed to go over well despite your terrible crash, remember to save all the time, its much more of a hassle to have to re-do everything!!

Im dying to find out who the heir was! Don't leave us hanging Tigger!! Can i guess? Im going to go with Allie? Can't wait to find out who you choose!

Anyway im off to play some sims for a bit and then go off to bed! Talk to you all later.
Fantastic stories, keep em comin!
Instructor
#55 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thefounderslegacy
Im dying to find out who the heir was! Don't leave us hanging Tigger!! Can i guess? Im going to go with Allie? Can't wait to find out who you choose!

I actually changed the heir after the two younger children aged up to teen, because it turned out that Allie had no redeeming features(she was really ugly and her traits made it too hard to "figure her out" storywise). You were right until I changed my mind, however, so you still get points for correctness.

It seemed that life was passing the Forleys by so quickly. The two older twins graduated from high school - cum laude, of course - and aged into young adulthood. Word around the neighborhood was that the awkwardly odd Ben had become quite a great kisser, though he never discussed that particular revelation with his parents. Carrie, on the other hand, seemed to have developed a dislike for children, and spent most of her days locked in her cabin, painting. Ben joined the science career, in accordance with his life's desire, while Carrie joined the music career to make some money while she focused her energy on developing her skills. Allie and Jesse graduated elementary school and, like their older siblings, decided to spend some time studying gardening before beginning high school. Lounging around studying at the library suited Allie, as she was becoming quite the couch potato. Jesse, on the other hand, seemed to be under the influence of his older brother - he just wouldn't stop flirting with the neighborhood girls. In an attempt to dissuade him from this pursuit, Ben gave him a brand new laptop as a present, but this valiant attempt wasn't very effective.

Alexander and Alisha weren't immune to time. As their children were aging, so were they, and they felt the time when they would have to choose an heir drawing near. After looking at all of their children, and what they were becoming, they finally made a decision. As the first streaks of gray appeared in their hair, signaling their crossing into elderhood, they named Ben as the heir to their family line. Neither Jesse nor Allie felt slighted at being passed over. Allie was interested in other things, while Jesse felt no need to settle down with one partner. They had been worried how Carrie would feel at her brother being favored over her, but luckily they hadn't needed to worry, as she had no interest in having children. To show that there were no hard feelings, Carrie took Alisha on a vacation to Champs Le Sims, to relax in the French countryside.
Instructor
#56 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 12:51 AM
Here's generation 0 photodump part 2. A part 3(taking the story through the trip to france) will be coming in the near future, along with a story update through the vacation. These photos are less illustrating and more amusing things that I just happened to capture. I'll definitely make sure to include a shot of the lot when I make the third image post.

Ben, Carrie and Alexander arrive in Al Simhara. Judging from his outfit and facial expression, Ben was using the long flight to get some beauty rest. :p

Ben thanking Carrie for thinking of him in the marketplace, in Al Simhara.

Alexander recalls the legend of the deathfish that will rise from the depths and swarm any sim who dares to take Pangu's Axe for himself.

A landscape view of their first vacation home - Plum Blossom House, located in Shang Simla's Forbidden City.

All of the generation 1 children gathered around one table - a rare occurrence. Carrie is discussing the beautiful trees in the garden, but nobody else is listening.

Sometimes, the things Carrie paints scare even the artist herself! Is that an ANIMAL SKULL?

Allie! What are you doing to your poor brother?!? No, seriously, what on earth are you doing? Stop it!

Ben, all grown up, about to gain his last fishing skill point. He did actually achieve it, though I think I forgot to mention that in the story I posted.

Carrie as a young adult, in her cabin getting ready to paint. She developed a very artistic, yet simple, sense of fashion.

Alexander and Alisha celebrate their many years together.
Test Subject
#57 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 9:38 PM
Tigger I love that we get to see another set of pics. Your sims sound really cool. I love sims that don't have all good traits those are so boring. Your story is really good and heartwarming. The first picture is a hilarious one of Ben in his pjs

Founders Legacy Challenge your making us wait! NOooooo I'm so curious to know more about what the heck is going on with their relationship it is driving me nuts.... I'm also not the most patient person if that wasn't evident yet haha

Anyways this next update is gonna be kinda short since I'm a bit rushed :P,

The girls grew into fine little kids. They had friends over on weekends and all the other things kids will do. For a while it got a bit boring until Amaira and Adrian surprised them. With a trip to Shang Simla

Before the trip started both girls were forced to listen to a long talk about the various what to do's in case of emergencies. Melinda was more patient with listening to Amaira then Briar was listening to Adrian. Briar was eager to get the fun part started and had never been one to like long lectures to begin with.

Once the trip did finally get started they all got a chance to see and do what they wanted. A particular favorite to Amaira and Adrian was the martial arts training. Amaira was determined to prove to Adrian that his laughing at her for doing it in a skirt was pointless and that she could beat him any day. They ended up pulling a agreed tie in the end though.

As for the girls they enjoyed best playing chess together and not having to worry about homework or tests.

A few days after they returned from the trip Amaira got a surprise herself. She was pregnant again. This time it was a little boy which they named Nicholas. The days of pregnancy then babyhood for Nicholas seemed to fly by and before long it was birthday time. A birthday for four to be precise.

Adrian, Briar, Melinda, and Nicholas would all share a birthday party. Adrian going into the elder age where he would be able to relax and retire, if he choose to that is. Briar and Melinda going into the teens, the years of angst and drama, hopefully minimal of those. Finally Nicholas going into the toddler stage a crucial time for learning.
Test Subject
#58 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 12:09 PM Last edited by Thefounderslegacy : 25th Oct 2010 at 12:20 PM.
Hey guys!!!!!!!

So i wasn't able to make it on here Sunday, I expected as much. It ended up being too hectic of a weekend to get down to playing sims or finishing up my story.

Since im a day late I decided to just combine what was going to be 2 parts into 1 part and bring it all to you today. Plus i didn't feel like drawing it out anymore then it needed to be ( It's been Dec 31 too long for my liking, lol.) I want to get to the good of the story...and by that i mean..more secrets from Zain, Abela and Pennys past coming out! Unfortunately, yes, you will still have to wait till the next update to learn more of the deep dark secrets, however i needed to build on Zain and Abela a little bit more....everything in good time. Hope you guys like this update...took me longer then i expected...was missing some crucial pictures for it. Its huge...sorry, lmao.

Part 3~

Dec 31- Nearly the end
'Resolution'

"Finally." I said out loud to nobody.

Cabs take forever to come these days.
Then again i guess it's one of the busiest days for cabs, seeing as how it's new years and all.
All of those drunk party movers and shakers need some way of getting home. I must give credit to the fact that they ARE taking cabs instead of driving drunk. I'm very thankful for that.

"Meez Alaphee?" Questioned the driver with a thick accent. I didn't bother correcting him, i just wanted to get home. It was already an hours drive away.
I nodded to the cab driver as i jumped in the back. I wouldn't dare sit in the front way too creepy sitting beside a total stranger in a locked moving vehicle. I wonder if anyone actually uses that seat in a cab?

As i thought about inventing a one of a kind cab car with no useless front passenger seat something caught my eye.
Something that looked an awful, awful lot like ...Zain.

But it couldnt be him, could it? No. It's impossible. Maybe it's my memories, they were vivid before, but perhaps now...they are utterly life-like.

The cab pulled away before i could get a good look at the mystery man. "It's not him..." I whispered trying to convince myself.

But if I really believe that, why do i keep finding my eyes wandering towards the rear view mirror to get another peek at him? What's wrong with me? I'm going insane.... It can't be Zain.

About a block behind Abela was Zain. Live and in the flesh.

*****************************************************************************************

When i arrived back home, the light had vanished and dark had replaced it instead, I was exhausted.
I paid the cab driver an outrageous fare of 120 simoleons. If only i could just afford my own car, i could save so much more money in the long run. This kind of stuff just makes you want to become a hermit and never leave your house in the first place.

What a long night this has turned out to be, i tried to suppress my yawn, but failed.
I couldn't wait to curl up into bed and forget about... everything... all over again.

Wait a minute... My heart seemed to leap up into my throat. I couldn't swallow, i couldn't breathe, i couldn't move.

There's a truck in my drivewa- I stopped myself mid-thought, suddenly remembering.
I know that truck! Or i should say, i know who the owner of that truck happens to be!

My eyes scanned my lot frantically, he was here. Zain was here! It was dark though and i couldn't see much beyond shadowy shapes. I wish i had bought a lamp!

Suddenly though i spotted him. He emerged from behind my bookcase and was looking about. Wait..was he hiding on me? Or coming out from using the bathroom for a moment?
This was all to unreal...how did he even find me? My heart was racing a mile a minute, i couldn't think of one thing to even say.

"Beautiful...erm...land...." Zain said out loud. He was talking to himself, he didn't even know i was here yet.

A crazy thought occured to me. I could move again, a new town. I vowed to never do it. But this...is actually a very legitimate reason.
At the very least i could sneak off, hide somewhere.... go back to the beach and live there. Heck it's always deserted anyway, nobody will know!

Suddenly though, I was much too angry to think about running away again. I have no idea where all this anger came from, but it was there. My blood was boiling. How dare he follow me here like some kind of stalker. Why should I have to keep moving, and living like a homeless person? Two were involved in what happened, I shouldn't have to always pay the price.
No i'm not going to run anymore. I'm going to make him run. Far away from me.
Test Subject
#59 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 12:11 PM
Continued from above.

" ZAIN. " I said shouted abruptly. I jumped infront of him to make my presence known.
" Having fun stalking me you psycho ? " I screamed at him.

" Bel.. where did you come from? " He was not expecting this. He must have been in the bathroom after all when my cab had pulled up, otherwise he would have seen the taxi's head lights.. Good i had caught him off guard.

" For one, Don't call me Bel. It's Abela to you. and two, this is my house, im supposed to be here! What are you doing in my house? I should call the cops on you!"

I was breathing rapidly, my face going hot with anger. I just couldn't deal with seeing Zain. Not after everything that had happened in the past. Seeing him was a painful reminder of everything that had gone so very wrong...

Suddenly Zain grinned. Which just made me angrier. " You call this a house? You can't really call the cops on someone who isn't breaking and entering, I'm pretty much just strolling through an open field....technically I'm not 'in' your house. " He gave a little chuckle, pleased with his observation.

Haha, so very funny. Taking digs at my house.

" It's a work in progress Zain. It will improve. Unlike you. Unlike us. " I said hotly.

He stopped grinning. If i wanted to hurt him, I just had.

" Don't say that Abela, don't you say that. "

" And why NOT. You know it's true. There is no going back from what we did...even if i did want to...which i dont, How could I even kiss you without feeling guilty? Knowing that we were doing the very thing that ruined everything in the first place! It's wrong Zain, and you know it too. We can never be together after what happened. EVER. "

" Don't say that... because you know it's not true. You want me, as much as i want you. "

" That's why i moved to a new town then is it? Because i am just sooo hot for you. I left Zain. I left you."

He shook his head and raised his arms in defiance.

" I know that's a lie. You left because of what happened, if you didn't want to be with me you wouldn't have kissed me that day. The situation that surrounded you made you hate yourself so much that you couldn't even let yourself be happy. "

" I AM happy. I am fine just as i am. Don't presume to understand how I feel, you don't know me. The only time i'm not happy is when your around me. Don't you get it Zain? You bring it all back, all of the memories and all of the pain. If you would just leave me alone i could just...get on with my life."

" Thats a load of crap. " He scoffed.
" Excuse me ?
" I saw you Abela. At the beach. You looked anything but happy, and you had no idea that i was even around. And this place? It's just not you. Your not ok. Stop lying to yourself. " he replied tersely. I felt myself tense. I couldn't believe what i was hearing.

"You... SPIED ON ME. Of all the things you have done Zain. Now your just going overboard. You have gone mad. "

" Your right. I am. " He admitted solemnly.
"Simply put... I'm crazy for you. I didn't mean to spy on you Bel..ahem..Abela. I followed your moving truck here to tell you i was ready to do whatever it took to be with you, even if it meant a fresh start...then i lost track of the damned thing and was stuck in this town.
I went to the beach because i knew you would be there. I had no intention of hiding myself from you. But then when i saw you....I couldn't help but watch....I got the sense you wouldn't have appreciated me springing up at such a time.
I know it was wrong, You were scared, and you were unravelling, and you needed me, when i was about to show myself to you it was too late you had begun to flee the beach. You can't go through all of this by yourself, it's going to eat you alive. " Zain spoke sincerely, his eyes locked in place with mine.

When i said nothing, he added with a wink. " And if you eat yourself alive...ill have to eat myself alive too... I can't be without you, believe me i've been trying. "

I couldn't help but feel slightly touched. Zain knew i would be at the beach...he has always known me better then anyone.
I softened... a little.

As hard as this was, I couldn't give in, not to Zain. I've fought for a month already, I couldn't give in now. If i did, i'm just as bad as everyone had thought I was, i don't want to be that girl.

" You know what Zain? If we were supposed to be together we would have been. It's not supposed to go like this, it's not supposed to be this hard. Every single thing about us is wrong. We are not meant to be and thats that. "

He was silent. It almost looked as though he was holding back tears.

" So...im asking you, please just leave me be. You'll find another girl. You'll have a relationship that isn't surrounded by all this doom and gloom...
You can be happy, isn't that what you want? "

" It is what i want. More then anything. but i'm going to have all of that with you, I only want all of this with you. Besides theres no way im starting the new years without a new years kiss. " Zain said, his voice suddenly husky.

" You have to be crazy to think im going down that road again with you Zain. " My eyes grew heavy as i sighed.

" You have to be crazy to think im leaving you to live in an empty field with no doors to lock at night. " He retorted.

That was an excellent point, I thought to myself. It was rather spooky to think about sleeping in a bed out in my yard with no protection whatsoever...

He reached for my hand, and i found that as hard as I resisted I just couldnt pull away. My pulse quickened, i felt my old feelings of aching desire resurface as if they had never left in the first place.

" Tell me. You say everything about us is wrong. Then why, does this... feel so right? " He asked his voice soft now. His eyes shining.

" I...it..." I couldnt form words. I wanted to deny it, send him away forever. But i couldn't lie to myself anymore. The problem was never us. The problem was always that it felt too right to suppress. Which is what got us into all the trouble in the first place. Zain's right.... the problem is our situation, everything came in our way and prevented us from being together for so many years. Finally we ended up giving in at the worst time and at the worst place possible. We should never have resisted one another for so long. We were asking for trouble.

I swallowed with sudden difficulty as Zain leaned his face closer to mine. I could hear the thrum of my own heartbeat.

" Happy new years... " He whispered so softly i nearly missed it.

He leaned in and kissed me. It was electric. I was tired of fighting it. Fighting us. Fighting us is the true reason all of this happened in the first place. If i had followed my instincts in the first place Penny would never have even been with Zain.

I kissed him back. Succumbing to my desires. I didn't care any longer. I just knew what felt good, what felt right, and i wanted to surround myself in it for once.
Then there were fireworks.
Literally. The loud bang of fireworks were popping off in the distance to signal the coming of the new year, i could hear people calling out 'Happy New Years! ' Into the night. Perfect timing i thought, and I knew Zain was thinking it too.
And it was indeed, a happy new years.

The kiss left me breathless. There were no words to describe...no words even close.

" Zain? " I stammered out.
" Mmm? " He spoke, equally out of it.

" I hate you. "
" I hate you too...but i take it, that i can call you Bel again? " He questioned humourously, his eyes alight with a familiar twinkle i hadn't seen in far too long.

I smiled, and we let our bodies take hold once again.

We kissed until our lips were nearly chapped and then still even a little more after that. Suddenly Zain pulled away from me. His face somewhat uncertain.

" Im moving in by the way. " He stated.
" Im totally ok with that.." i said grinning.

" I mean i dont want to...this place is no palace. But i think together we can tackle anything. We can turn this place into a real home, together. "

" I agree. "

" Don't get me wrong. I love what you've done with the place...but i think it could use a man's touch and all. "

" Mmmhmm " I was growing impatient, I just wanted to get back to the kissing part.

' But when we are alone....we are no good. We are strongest together. We can work on our issues one at a time, but we have to do it together... "

I almost laughed. He didnt think i was serious.

I fixed him with an unwavering stare.

" Zain. Seriously, I want to be with you. I want us to be together, here. What was keeping us apart before, well we will deal with it. We can't fight us....obviously, So we will fight it instead. "

I said exactly what he wanted to hear. He stopped talking, and caressed my face.

He suddenly shot me a playful grin.
" Glad you finally see it my way. I just hope thats not the wine talkng. I mean you did have A LOT of wine back at the beach. 3 huge glasses was it? " He remarked incredulously with wide eyes to match.

I stared at him, amused.
Normally id have come back with some sort of a witty comeback especially since he wasn't supposed to see that wine indulgence, but right now i didn't care. I was basking in this perfect moment. He was Zain, my Zain. He was his normal, joking self. Maybe we really could go back and be normal even after everything thats happened. Maybe everythings going to be ok after all. We will work together to create our new lives and slowly put the past behind us.

Its a new year. Which always means a new start.

My new -new years resolution. - Stop avoiding Zain and try to live in the moment and just be happy. <--- thats three i think....whatever.
Oh and : Think less.

Sometimes it's better to just not think. Don't you think?

Test Subject
#60 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 1:41 PM Last edited by Thefounderslegacy : 25th Oct 2010 at 1:53 PM.
So yeah, i hope you guys enjoy the update..and i hope you like dialogue...because about 80% of it is just that. Lol. I didn't want to have Abela and Zain rush and make up as soon as they saw each other, they had to work through some stuff first...they have been through a lot in the past...so yeah it may be slightly tedious, and probably also mushy, but i'll dial it down on the next update i swear! Lol

Anyway i wanted to reply to your guy's most awesome updates, so here I go!!

Tigger- Haha. Awe poor Allie. I'm with you on giving the shaft to less fortunate featured sims. I truly hope that someday when i have my own children im not that biased. Lmao. I'm happy i guessed right..I usually don't...lmao.
Speaking of traits, what are Bens traits? I know you have listed them throughout your stories. But i can't remember them all to date. Need a refresher. Heck i even need a refresher on Abela and Zain's traits. I'd go load my game and tell you what they were, but i feel that it just may give away too much of what's to come. You'll probably figure it out along the way. Let me know if you happen to have any guesses as certain things come up! :D
Make's total sense why Carrie was passed up. Hard to continue a legacy without children. Haha. I laughed when i read the part about Ben hiding the fact from the parents that the sim ladies around town found him to be quite the kisser.

How long do you normally keep your sim children on the lot? Until they die/when they age to Y.A/ or just when you tire of them? I always wondered what others did. I usually move mine out when i run outta room. Lol.

I enjoyed your " Photo dump " As you called it. Haha. It's nice to see all the Forleys and see what their lives currently hold. If i were Ben i would be resting up on the flight in my PJ's too. Gotta be comfortable. And also well rested to make use of that vacation time!!

Love the pangu axe pic with the deathfish thought bubble. I love using thought bubbles to advance stories, makes me feel like the sims are actually thinking what i put as the caption. I take it Alexander escaped with pangus axe avoiding a very deadly brush with the infamous deathfish? Hehehe.
Jealous of your vacation home! I haven't really built or bought anything so elaborate quite yet.
I also have to agree with Carrie- the tree's in the garden are lovely. How can they not be, since they are covered in such gorgeous money? However i have to disagree with Carries paintings...blech. Lol. She's an Evil sim i take it?

What WAS Allie doing to her poor brother ?! Lol
Ben doesnt look so awkward in his more grown up lifestage. He has really grown into his looks! Yay for maxed fishing skill, go Ben!! ps: Nice Pimpin' Robe Ben. Haha.

Awe, the photograph of Alexander and Alisha is so bittersweet. I always get so sad when my sims get old- But they do look so cute and have lived a pretty good fufilled life. Legacy Challenges seem to be only way i can force myself to let mine die.

Can't wait for your next updates now that we know who is bringing in the next gen. Get on it Ben! Stop kissing and get to Woohooin'
Excited to see future photodumps too-whenever you can manage them!!

Amaira- Im glad you are so impatient with my updates, keeps me working hard at pumping them out! Lol. I love that you love it. But mostly because i know what it feels like to get so curious about a story, and have the writer update 1 teeny tiny update once every couple of months. It's the worst. Then they vanish for a year...come back and post 1 more time and vanish again for good. Happens all the time when i get into a story.

Eventually though, i am going to have to slow it down a tad. It does take some time to get these stories written...hours, then the pictures taken and deciding which one goes where, then reading it a hundred times to make sure its decent enough and my attempt to edit my mistakes since don't have a spell checker. Im spending more time writing now then playing So ill probably be updating every 4-6 days. I'd rather be consistant then burn out. I have another legacy family i play that i wanted to post up here too. Not in crazy story form like Abela and Zain though. I promise though ill never make you wait longer then a week ( Unless a dire emergency pops up, or holidays are present )

Im totally not a patient person either, so don't feel bad.

Anyways
Don't worry about a short update! ( It actually wasnt that short though ) But any update is better then no update at all!
Loved your latest update. Urrghhh i still gotta get me that table. Been afraid to download lately. My computers reaching its limits, i can tell. Lol.

Shang Simla is my favorite of the vacation spots! What about you? I love the talk they had with the girls, about emergency situations! And the part of Amaira feebly kicking the practice dummy in her skirt and boots. Haha. Guess she showed Adrian she's not so feeble after all! I could never tie someone while wearing boots and a skirt.
Briar looks pretty menacing with the chess game, like she is ready to just knock those pawns right over!

LOVE the birthday for four. Thats NUTS and also quite hilarious. I've never had a birthday quite so...Celebratory..lol. Love the way you lined up all those tables each with a cake of ones own. When does Amaira become and Elder, is she much younger then Adrian?

Can't wait for your next update! So much to look forward to. I can't to see Adrian looking old- will he be rockin the long hair in his elder age, or will he stick to a more subtle style- And the twins- Will Briar still wear Stewie-esque apparel or will she trade it in for a girlier style such as her sister Melinda, and Will Melinda's genius tendancies make her siblings jealous and her parents perhaps favour? How will Nicholas fare in toddlerhood, with such a significant age gap between his siblings and himself? Who will little Nicholas take after- His mother, father or neither! Can't wait to see the little guy. ( Er...now whos writing bad tv shows? And it's not even my story, hahaha ) Seriously though. Can't wait!!

Everyone- Super duper excited to see more of these fabulous updates guys! Are you both gonna get late night on its release date ( Coming so soon hooray!! ) You probably won't hear much from me on my story front once it appears out. Ill still pop on here for a quick chat and to read your updates and what not, but i want to update the challenge with updated rules and mini challenges as soon as I can, so i will need to play obsessively learning every nook and cranny, and then write out whatever i find that needed to be changed/added.
Test Subject
#61 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 3:14 PM
Founders Legacy your story was awesome as usual. I had guessed that Abela and Zain had a thing going for a while and that kiss was their agreed last or something. That is what I'm used to in movies and books and whatnot with that scenerio. Appears I was wrong and it was actually their first. The plot thickens. I will be excited to hear more about what has kept them apart. My best guess would be their families perhaps?

I also should mention I love seeing the little bits of Abela's witty side shine through in the narrative. A great example is a part of the resolutions near the end, made me giggle. You've done a really excellent job of showing us her personality and that she has this really awesome attitude. It is really good how you make her so layered, makes their story pull you in that much more.

I don't blame you for not updating as much when you get Late Night. Though I will miss the story I know exactly where you're coming from. I would love to get it but the Sims 3 EPs are so expansive! I miss the days when the base was $40 and the EPs where like $20 to $25. I would love to get it but I'm still job hunting, I live in one of the states with very high unemployment rates so it's tough and I need to be sure I have money for gas to drive to said job locations in hope of a steady income. Right now I'm living of the occasional commission and the good graces of my boyfriend paying our rent. Gah I hate job searching. On the bright side though this will give me a chance to read about other people's experiences, including yours I hope, and see what the game is like before hand. I am sure I will be insanely jealous the whole time though
Test Subject
#62 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 3:49 PM
Here's the newest update, hope this answers most of your questions founders legacy challenge.

Briar was now a teen. Besides her traits of computer whiz, good, and athletic she also seemed to be showing a flair for the dramatic punctuated by the occasional fake passing out which so annoyed her parents. However, this was balanced in her parents eyes by her passion for the house and the land they lived on. She was eager to always look over her parents shoulder and put in input whenever plans for the home were discussed.

Melinda showed as much promise as her sister. She was a workaholic, loved the outdoors, and had been lucky enough to have the sim ruler roll the genius trait for her as a child. The one odd thing was she seemed to have developed a totally unexplained terror of water. This seemed to come with an aversion to where they lived. While their land was beautiful it was near a fairly big lake and had a fairly large pool in the back. Neither of which Melinda was too fond of getting anywhere near.

Now that the two older girls were able to take care of themselves Amaira and Adrian concentrated more on Nicholas. It was crucial for Nicholas that he learn certain things. Adrian took to teaching him how to talk. Daily he would sit with him and teach until Nicholas got hungry or bored with it. Eventually Nicholas learned to talk and talk he did. A lot... in fact his parents began to wonder if this teaching him to talk thing shouldn't have been saved till the last minute.

While Adrian was at work Amaira taught little Nicholas how to walk. Nicholas picked up on it quick enough and before long was wrecking havoc all over the house. Running about, annoying his sisters, and scaring his parents that he would hurt himself.

Despite all the craziness of having a toddler again Adrian and Amaira knew it was very important to spend time with their girls. Everyday after school they set down to help the girls with their homework. Both were very grateful for this even if they didn't always show it.

On weekends there was a little more time to just do what they wanted to do. Amaira spent the time working on new book ideas that had been put on hold while Briar worked out like crazy behind her enjoying every sweat inducing second of it.

Meanwhile Adrian and Melinda preferred the peace of the dining room. Adrian could work on his logical pursuits while Melinda was able to work busily on extra credit projects and other things to future her career chances. She saw herself reaching the top of the journalism career and worked on her writing and research on a daily basis.

As they grew Melinda was at home less and less. Finding excuses to study late at school or go visit the journalism offices. Briar was the opposite however. Her passion for the home only grew. Despite having no initial inclination towards the outdoors or gardening she took up helping to care for her mother's garden. Amaira watched this new development of Briar's with great approval and pride.
Instructor
#63 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 4:36 PM
Speaking of traits, what are Bens traits? I know you have listed them throughout your stories. But i can't remember them all to date. Need a refresher. Heck i even need a refresher on Abela and Zain's traits. I'd go load my game and tell you what they were, but i feel that it just may give away too much of what's to come. You'll probably figure it out along the way. Let me know if you happen to have any guesses as certain things come up! :D

Hates the outdoors, angler, green thumb, insane, great kisser.

Quote:
How long do you normally keep your sim children on the lot? Until they die/when they age to Y.A/ or just when you tire of them? I always wondered what others did. I usually move mine out when i run outta room. Lol.

In this challenge, I need to keep them until they all get their LTWs, for the points. I'll probably keep Carrie at least around a while longer, because she should advance pretty quickly in her career, and that means extra cash. Plus, an awesome stereo. I usually move them out right after they get YA, since any earlier is usually cheating and I hate having a full house.

Quote:
I also have to agree with Carrie- the tree's in the garden are lovely. How can they not be, since they are covered in such gorgeous money? However i have to disagree with Carries paintings...blech. Lol. She's an Evil sim i take it?

No, artistic, loves the outdoors, lucky, hates children, and something else...but not evil. I think that's just a standard level 8 small size painting. o_o

Quote:
What WAS Allie doing to her poor brother ?! Lol
Ben doesnt look so awkward in his more grown up lifestage. He has really grown into his looks! Yay for maxed fishing skill, go Ben!! ps: Nice Pimpin' Robe Ben. Haha.

I always go into CAS and redress/fix hair for all my sims whenever they age up, to match their traits. So I tried to give him clothes reflecting his insanity, in that they were somewhat odd choices or poorly matched. The robe made me giggle, though...it's actually enabled as formalwear, but he decided to wear it fishing.
Test Subject
#64 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 1:17 AM
I have a question about a lifetime wish. Oneo f the newer ones is the "possession is 9/10 of the law" in which you have to have so much worth in just stolen goods. Also, one of the mini-challenges, which I have chosen for my legacy I am starting, is that you must return the most expensive item you steal, but one of the main rules of this legacy is that all stolen items must be sold. My question is: how can I achieve this lifetime want, since you can also get extra points for achieving all lifetime wants, and how do I know which item will be the most expensive to return it if all items have to be sold and not held onto?
Test Subject
#65 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KayMarMul
I have a question about a lifetime wish. Oneo f the newer ones is the "possession is 9/10 of the law" in which you have to have so much worth in just stolen goods. Also, one of the mini-challenges, which I have chosen for my legacy I am starting, is that you must return the most expensive item you steal, but one of the main rules of this legacy is that all stolen items must be sold. My question is: how can I achieve this lifetime want, since you can also get extra points for achieving all lifetime wants, and how do I know which item will be the most expensive to return it if all items have to be sold and not held onto?

Hi KayMarMul,

You ask some good questions. The rules state that all items stolen must be sold unless they are being returned or kept in the inventory- Basically you may never use the items yourself, but may keep them in your family inventory/sell them/ or return them...

So if you need to keep items in order to achieve that LTW- you may do so, provided you keep them in your inventory - It will still account for your possession total for that LTW I've tested it out. Once you have achieved that LTW, the items must be sold- you can still store them in your inventory- but that serves no purpose beyond taking up massive space.

For your question regarding the mini challenge 'Guilty Conscience' in order to find out which item is the most expensive, after each stealing session you will aquire 3 items which will then be found in your family inventory. If you select an item while it's in your family inventory it should tell you how much it is worth sale wise. Before you sell it you should check the other two to find out which is worth more. Once you have found the item of the 3 that is worth the most, you may sell off or keep the other two in your inventory, and the most expensive one MUST be returned. Even if your lifetime wish is the possessing stolen goods one. Yes it will make it a bit harder to obtain that wish with that mini challenge, but thats why its a mini challenge after all!

I do hope I have answered your questions. If you have anymore at all, let me know!!

Ps:
Did you go to the site link provided on the main page or in my signature? Or did you read the rules on the first page of this site? The rules on this thread haven't been updated, due to some problems with my account. The mods are working on recovering it and getting me my old account back, but it could take some time currently the mod who needs to do it is rather busy. So if you need to read the updated rules follow the link in my signature.

Amaira- LOVED the update- Gotta go out for a bit, so don't have time to reply just yet. I will the second I get back!!
Test Subject
#66 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 6:25 PM Last edited by Thefounderslegacy : 26th Oct 2010 at 7:10 PM.
Hi

Just me again. Got distracted yesterday with my sim story mega picture taking, since im going to have to disable my CC for awhile due to LN, thought i should get catchin' up on some future pictures.

Anyway just wanted to back here to make some replies this will be on the shorter side because i am pretty tired and I wanted to have a quick sleep before i go out and get my LN.

Amaira-
Ooh Briar and Melinda sure did turn out pretty!! Love their eyes. Just gorgeous. Yes, you did end up answering all of my questions through your story. Nice to see Adrians still rockin' the rockin' hair.
You got super lucky to roll that Genius trait for Melinda! I rarely ever get that roll. I always get junk traits it seems, or ones i just don't want....It's probably because i only have like 5 favorites that i pick everytime. Hahaa. It's fun though to be forced out of your comfort zone. Every so often you will learn to love a trait you never thought you could love. I remember this one sim i rolled her traits- they were all bad, but i did have a lot of fun with her.

So have you chosen your heir or heiress? Im so curious as to who is going to win the crown! Or are you waiting till baby Nick is grown a bit more? It sounds like you are leaning towards Briar. I hope so too, she is super cute, i love her style!! Plus she is more interested in the legacy home then Melinda, so it's only fair that she get to live there for the rest of her life!
Speaking of your legacy home- from what tidbits i can see from the photos, it looks stunning- especially the picture of Briar outdoors gardening!! It has come so far so fast! I can't imagine how gorgeous the house is going to be at the end of the next generation!!

Thank you so much also for all of your lovely comments on my story Amaira!! It was so nice to hear, and i just want to let you know you had made my whole day. :lovestruc .... Im going to remain pretty tightlipped about everything Zain and Abela. Which is why I don't reference them much when im talking to you guys, unless I am putting up the story of course. I have an insane fear of spilling all the secrets and goodies. Im pretty much a loose cannon when it comes to trying to hold things in. Eventually someway or another i always let something slip without noticing. Not this time though! Lol. However i can tell you..if you thought that update was awesome, your going to love the next one i have in store for you!!!

Thank you also for telling me in detail some things you enjoyed about my writing. I love how Abela can be so sweet and delicate and then suddenly totally sarcastic and witty around Zain, who she trusts enough to let her true self shine through. Zain is still unfolding to me. But when i play him, i imagine him as having two competely opposite sides to himself. Totally fitting the profile of the stern serious guy who wants to be the 'big, tough typical mold kind of man' and then the next second he is just a bit of a boyish goofball who is a little rough around the edges, though underneath both of those polar opposite personality types beats the heart of someone really loving if given the chance.

Theres a method to my madness...lol they have these personalities for reasons and because of circumstances not yet clear to you or anyone else. That is all i will say though! No more from me!!!

Awh, Im so sorry to hear your not going to be able to get LN. That's to bad about the unemployment thing, It's pretty rough out there, everywhere. I'm actually Canadian, but even out here it can be tough. I looked forever to get mine, job searching is THE worst thing ever. I hope you do find one soon! I'm sure you will!

If it makes you feel any better.... you probably won't be getting jealous from me, im sure of it! I'm probably going to have 1000 bugs in just my game alone. I have the WORST luck in the world. Lol. On the bright side, you will probably get the game when they have a nice lovely patch!! Lol.

Tigger-

Gotta love the insane trait huh?
I find it totally hysterical that ben is both a green thumb AND an angler and yet...he hates the outdoors. Those two activities thrive on outdoorsiness. LMAO. Guess Ben truly is Insane.
Love how you dress your sims according to traits. I either dress my sims rather randomly or I have them match each other, or I dress them in their favorite colors and have a bit of a color theme happening- its always so much fun.
Im super surprised Carrie wasn't an evil sim, mine have never painted a painting like that unless they were evil! Maybe Carrie wants to be evil? Lol. She is sending you a sign!
Then again i usually never paint small paintings for some reason, so it could just be that.

I hear you, I hate full houses too. Just lags way too much. I would keep them around till they achieve the LTW. But sometimes they don't for awhile and I just need the space
So are you getting LN? Or am i all alone on that adventure. Lol. Hope it's not too glitchy...but who am I kidding, it will be.

Anyways thats all for me I best be off if i'm ever even going to make it to pick up this expansion! Looking forward to more updates whenever you can manage em!!!
Instructor
#67 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 9:29 PM
Gotta love the insane trait huh?
I find it totally hysterical that ben is both a green thumb AND an angler and yet...he hates the outdoors. Those two activities thrive on outdoorsiness. LMAO. Guess Ben truly is Insane.

Well, he rolled "hates the outdoors" randomly when he was a baby. And so, I had to give him "green thumb" for the organic challenge rules. Then, I figured might as well follow the original plan for him to go into science, and get "angler" from his father.

Quote:
Im super surprised Carrie wasn't an evil sim, mine have never painted a painting like that unless they were evil! Maybe Carrie wants to be evil? Lol. She is sending you a sign!
Then again i usually never paint small paintings for some reason, so it could just be that.

I always paint the first 30 paintings as small, since it makes them paint a lot faster, then I switch to large paintings to make lots of high-value paintings and get those wishes taken care of.

Quote:
So are you getting LN? Or am i all alone on that adventure. Lol. Hope it's not too glitchy...but who am I kidding, it will be.

I will be soon, but I won't install it until all the mods I use are updated. Then, I'm probably going to take a week or two off this legacy to get used to the new features, by which point you'll probably have updated the rules. So it'll all work out.

My game crashed again, lost about a day's worth of time in game, but it was a lot of time irl because of how full my household is. I think I might move one or both of the younger twins out when they reach YA, the extra points just aren't worth the glacier slow pace of gameplay.
Test Subject
#68 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 10:33 PM
For your question regarding the mini challenge 'Guilty Conscience' in order to find out which item is the most expensive, after each stealing session you will aquire 3 items which will then be found in your family inventory. If you select an item while it's in your family inventory it should tell you how much it is worth sale wise. Before you sell it you should check the other two to find out which is worth more. Once you have found the item of the 3 that is worth the most, you may sell off or keep the other two in your inventory, and the most expensive one MUST be returned. Even if your lifetime wish is the possessing stolen goods one. Yes it will make it a bit harder to obtain that wish with that mini challenge, but thats why its a mini challenge after all!

I have a question about this :p. Are you supposed to return the most expensive item of all time or the most expensive item per thieving adventure?
Mad Poster
#69 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 10:48 PM
Default Daemon Mason Part I
Hi everyone. I’m really enjoying reading all the stories.

I did start out with one Young Adult and one Teenager sim. I think the pro of having more time with the sim outweighed the con of having the homework/school to deal with.

Daemon hasn’t quite passed on yet, but he did just have his final birthday. He’s had such a full life that I thought I would break it up into pieces. He has come a long way, but he still has all his elder days ahead of him.

Daemon Mason

Liftime (so far) : 319659
Lifetime Wish: Become an Astronaut
Career: Military (10) – Astronaut.

Daemon was a kid who knew exactly what he wanted to be. The first time he looked up at the night sky “Astronaut” was all he could think of.

Aiming for the stars seemed like a perfect goal, but there was a lot of work to do here on the ground before he could get there. Studying, getting handy for fixing any problems up in space and getting in shape were all important.

His parents insisted that he was a genius. He thought he might have been too except for the silly easy bake stove. He was sure that if he had just made a few more muffins properly he would have reached the genius state. Instead he was just ‘gifted’ as they say.

Once he was old enough to work and before the smoke had stopped wafting off the birthday cake candles, Daemon was working for the military.

Even aspiring astronauts need a little R&R. After his father’s death, he went with his mother to France for a little vacation.

An innocent trip to the Nectary and Daemon finds himself falling head over heels in love with the shop girl.

He couldn’t get her out of his head, once back in Sunset Valley the other women had all started to look the same.

There really only was one thing to do. He called her up, begged her to visit and popped the question with his heart on his sleeve.

While he was so nervous he thought he was going to lose all the food he had ever eaten in his entire life, she said yes easily. Daemon was a good man, he may not have made it rich or been a huge success yet, but he was easy to love and they fell in perfectly together.

Daemon wanted to take her back to France for their honeymoon. He had even bought a little vacation home there so they could return to see her family whenever she wanted. Jeannine had more exotic ideas and they ended up in China. Really, who wants to go back home for their honeymoon?

Daemon had a knack for exploring. He made himself quite at home in China He made friends with so many locals and went on adventures that they made him an honorary citizen. Another vacation home was soon to follow.

But this was their honeymoon! They both had some other things on their mind and quite a bit of time was spent exploring those.

A bit too much time possibly. It wasn’t long before Jeannine knew something was different about how she felt.

But a baby would be a wonderful thing! A new life to join their family, there was nothing wrong with that.

When the day came, Daemon was beside Jeannine every moment at the hospital. They both had a big surprise. They weren’t just getting one baby, they had two. Two squealing, hungry, dirty and needy little bundles of perfection.

The following days were a blur for Daemon. One minute he was knee deep in potty training and feeding babies, the next he was told he was promoted and going into space.

He didn’t know which he was happier about, but he really didn’t have time to stop and think about it.

While being in space might not be any small matter. There are always things at home to deal with.

The two boys were growing up and it was clear they might be twins but it only went skin deep.

Jeremy was dedicated, brave and disciplined. Generally a good soul, he could brighten your day or be just as happy on his own in deep meditation.

Arthur on the other hand was just as brave but there was something ‘different’ about him. He reminded Daemon a little too much of his mother after his father’s death. She might have thought that she was sneaking out unnoticed at night but Daemon had known all along. And when he looked at Arthur he thought about the nights he spent at home, knowing his mother was locked up in the local prison because she got caught again.

He worked with each of the boys as much as he could. Training them the same way his parents had taught him. The vacations he took them on were a little more extravagant than his mother had taken him on. The Astronaut gig was paying pretty well and Jeannine had become a master chef in her own right.

There is always excitement with two teenagers in the house. Never ever a dull moment, especially when one tries to cook.

As Daemon passed into middle age he was more and more in love with Jeannine. She could challenge him mentally and physically.

She was still the only woman that he saw in the world.

At his birthday party, Daemon had a grim reminder of what was coming shortly in his own life. He knew he had many years ahead of him to still accomplish a whole heck of a lot.

[IMG]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_eY0gO6ECYMw/TMdKTnDinhI/AAAAAAAASZs/4ykjvnLemQo/s1024/Screenshot-298.jpg
[/IMG]
He looked around the house and realized that his family needed a better place to remember those who had gone before. Daemon took the cash he had on hand and started up a new project he called the Mason Legacy.

Right now it’s just a few walls and a roof, but in time he hopes that it will house all the memories, treasures and be a proper testament to what he knows his family is capable of.

But the question remains who will carry on his legacy? With two polar opposite children it could go either way.

Daemon wonders if the Mason Legacy building will be filled with shining jewels of achievement or jewels ransacked from other people’s homes in the middle of the night. And will he be around to see the next generation enter the world?
Test Subject
#70 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 11:22 PM
I loved Daemon's story! His relationship with Jeannine is so sweet. The twins they had sound like a couple of handfuls too. Or at least one of them does. I will be super interested to hear their stories.

On a bad note... my game has officially kicked the bucket. I have had to uninstall everything. I think I'm gonna try playing without CC now. I have a feeling me getting tons and tons and tons of CC had a major effect on my games downfall. Plus it was playing a lot choppier and I used to never use CC before Sims 3. Hopefully I can get used to not having it again. I'm not sure what to do now. I would like to be able to keep in the challenge by creating a new family. My question is should I go back and delete all my previous posts or just start over after I'm done licking my wounds?

Side Note: Sad thing is I got far on their stories. Briar had been my heir, Adrian had passed on with Amaira less then a day after him, and Briar had started a family with her youngest of 4 girls, Elsbeth, already picked as an heir. The house was one of the favorites I've ever built too
Test Subject
#71 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 8:00 AM
Hi guys!

Was just about to pack it in for bed but thought id stop in here quickly before I did.

Quote: Originally posted by simiafoetidus
I have a question about this :p. Are you supposed to return the most expensive item of all time or the most expensive item per thieving adventure?

For the mini challenge you are speaking of, you would have to return the most expensive item per thieving adventure. That mini challenge is optional though, you don't have to pick that one. But you must do it everytime you go out stealing. That would be a bit too easy if it was only a one time deal.

Glad your thinking about giving the challenge a go! I hope we can see your story here in the future!

Amaira- Ohh nooo You have no idea how truly saddened I am to hear about you losing your family. I was so into finding out how Briars life was going to go. Always seems to happen when you have a family you really treasure doesnt it, and of course it was your nicest house too, awe dang that just sucks

I really hope you don't go back and delete all your old stories! Who cares if you didnt manage to finish. It was fun while it lasted, and you did work hard on the story, posting it up here and all. I love re-reading everything from time to time even though they are never coming back, its nice to have the story to remember them by. I loved reading about them. So i am for starting over and just post your new story with addition to your old! As angry or upset as you must be right now, who knows maybe this family and their house will turn out even better!! Glad to hear you wanna keep with the challenge i hope to read about your new simmies soon!

Kirstiebunny
-

Loved the update and the pictures, glad we didn't have to wait for Daemon to die off, i felt pretty bad wishing for such a thing! Haha.

Yowza, Daemon HAS had a fufilled life so far. I don't think i've reached that many life time points as of yet!!!!! 319659, That's just awesome awesome awesome!!
Too bad he was a few muffins short of being a genius. Lol- That sounds pretty laughable saying it like that.
So he married a frenchwoman did he? Did she pass on the french culture to any of her offspring? I had that happen once. I love those culture hidden traits. And how they can be passed on through the offspring.
Love how Daemon and Jeannine had such a happy life together! Love the flying martial arts photo!

Hahaha, Arthur is taking after his grandma and her nefarious type ways is he? Too funny, wonder who the heir will end up being. Hopefully, if it's Arthur he won't take after grandma too much....she did some pretty shady things in her time! Lol. You can count on the house being filled with jewels ransaked from others If Arthur takes the position as heir. I loved that final sentence.

Looks like a certain ghost really didn't want to let the party pass him by. Haha. Loved it. Oooh your re-doing the house? Nice! Can't wait to see how it turns out in the end! Daemon is leaving behind a great legacy for his future generations, thats for sure. It looks like it's going to be a home to be proud of!

That's all from me. Im falling asleep while writing. I have stayed up way to late playing sims. I need to sleep! Sorry it was so brief! Talk to you all later!
Test Subject
#72 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 4:17 PM
Alrighty so here is my new legacy. I'm actually kinda excited about it now since this is more of a story story instead of a legacy story. Founders Legacy thanks for the inspiration to make a story line for the simmies . Hopefully this one won't kapoot >.<

The Mini Challenges I choose this time were
Freedom - 35
Pack Rats - 15
Fairy Godsimmer - 15
Anti-service - 10
Haunted House - 10
Legacy in Reality - 10
Unlively Life Fruit - 5
Total Points - 100

Generation 0 - Moving Day

My name is Flick Gleehouse. Yeah I know strange name but it isn't like I had a say in the matter. I grew up in an orphanage. The old story of baby in a basket on the doorstep. Apparently whoever dropped me off had a messed up sense of humor because all the little note on my head said, and yes it was taped to my forehead, was "name Flick, fragile handle with care." As if the "handle with care" note wasn't enough Flick means Good Luck and I am anything but good luck. Spend 30 minutes with me, usually less, and you'll find I bring a whole new meaning to bad luck.

The last name is due to my wonderful orphanage proprietor, Madame Sourbutt. At least that is what us girls called her... yeah whoever started it didn't have the biggest imagination but it stuck non the less. Anyways she gave any kids without last names the honor of having a last name to always remind them of the orphanage. Gleehouse was the name of where I grew up. Seems ironic names is a big theme in my life.

That was all in the past though. You see when you age into a young adult that is when the orphanage kicks sims out. Nobody is ever too sad to go. The only downside for many is where to go after. I was lucky though for once. I found a advertisement in the paper. "Seeking roommate, cheap rent, beautiful lot, secluded, contact Mr. Davis if interested." Naturally cheap and secluded were of great interest to me. Having a roommate wouldn't exactly tie in perfectly with my loner nature but I could deal with one other person. Probably would never have to see each other in the house if we didn't want to. I immediately contacted him and to my surprise he didn't ask any questions, just simply told me the location and price. That should have clued me in right there.

Now here I was, at my new "home." I was stunned. I must have just stood at the mail box for at least 30 minutes just staring. Finally I took a big gulp and hiked up to where the sparse "home" was located.

First I walked into the only walled in area there was. At least with that I could breath a small sigh of relief. The bathroom had privacy. Living where you couldn't separate yourself from your roommate on a regular basis was one thing but not being able to shower in privacy, that would have just been plain pervy! Turning my attention from the shower I noticed the sink. It was actually nicer then the ones we had at the orphanage. Some of the bathrooms didn't even have sinks there. I felt my blood cool a little bit as I walked out of the bathroom to examine more closely other aspects.

Going behind the bathroom and the wall that supported the fridge and stove I found two beds. At least there were two beds. I wouldn't have to sleep on the ground or, even worse, share a bed with my roomie. I shivered slightly at even the thought of it and shook my head as if shaking the thoughts out. The beds were simple but after examining them I found no bugs, strange stains, holes, or rust. So they would do fine. I turned and continued to wonder about.

When I had made my rounds, which granted didn't take long at all, I ended at the couch. Examining it I found that like the other things it was simple but well taken care of. Despite myself I actually started to think this place wasn't so bad after all.

I turned from the couch to look around again. The views were very promising and it was a big lot. I loved the outdoors and I actually would have a place to grow the garden I had always wanted. There was potential here, lots of it actually. Maybe I had been wrong about my luck for once. It would take work but I wasn't afraid of hard work in the least.

I decided to go see what books were on the bookshelf. Maybe there was a gardening book of some kind or a book with info on things in this new town I lived in. As I was about to take a look I heard singing in the distance. Pretty good singing actually, but that is neither here nor there. Turning to look I saw a man walking onto the lot. Considering where the lot was and how he was walking I had no doubt who it was, Mr. Davis.

Despite my change of heart towards this place I had still felt I had been deceived. I wasn't about to let this man get away with the crap he pulled that easily. Taking a big breath I prepared to give this sim a piece of my mind.
Instructor
#73 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 8:02 PM
Alright, I decided not to wait. I can play without mods for a few days. I'll post the last photodump and summary of events soon, then I'll get used to all the new changes in the patch and late night before I play the legacy again. I'm currently waiting for the patches to download(manual patching sucks ), but I can't wait! :D
Test Subject
#74 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 2:39 AM
Hi guys!!

Sorry I hadn't posted yesterday. Got super busy trying to really tackle updating the rules. I've been going over everything with a fine tooth comb, trying to figure everything out. Not to many new rules needed to be added there are no super cheat like things that i have found in the game. I even bought the guide online because i was paranoid i was missing something...lol I added a few rules numbers 14,15,16, some not even LN related but that needed to be added nevertheless. I also added some minor to mega changes to a lot of the old things, so you may need to skim it again. I put the biggest changes in bold or with stars or with the word * new beside it. But i couldn't put that beside everything i changed because i changed a ton around and there would be little stickies everywhere. I was careful to not change any of the crucial rules though so it didnt ruin your current legacies.

I added a lot more mini challenges, And I changed around the ' earn the genius ' trait to a much better more enticing reward at the end of that very difficult challenge. You'll have to go and read it to see! Click the link in my sig, because I haven't updated it here.

Anyway Its still pretty rough, but im not going to be adding any new rules to it, so your safe to play the challenge under these new rules, i may add another mini challenge....maybe Now i just need to go over it for the 100th time and make sure i havent missed anything. If you notice any thing out of sorts or think of something useful let me know!!

So sleepy, I have pulled an all nighter, getting this challenge updated from head to toe, reading guides and pulling out all the stops with testing in game! At last I can finally truly play. Lol.

Amaira!

LOVE YOUR STORY SO SO MUCH!!!! I loved your other one too, but this is just plain awesome!! I love stories :lovestruc - Now IM going to be the impatient one waiting on the updates, hahaha! Flick is so super cute, love her freckles love her name!! Can't wait to see the guy who ripped her off! Hahaha! I love the old baby in a basket stories, they never lose the charm for me.
Ha! Your bathroom looks just like mine, minus the sink, i didnt even get one of those, lmao!!! Funny how the mood just DROPS upon entering the bathroom just because it has no lights/floor/wallpaper. Lol. I keep thinking, Abela, darlin', would you rather pee outside?! Hahaha!!! Funny the sims seem to almost like lawn living. Crazy sims.

I didn't see the waterfall on your lot! Did you pick a new one this time around?
Good on flick for doing a sweep over looking for bugs. I would, that place is hardly up to snuff, Abela found bugs alright...in the fridge, probably the wriggly kind. Ha! At least Flick has got her own bed so she can take her time getting to know this guy!

Love how you introduced the fact that he is a musical sim ( unless im wrong ) Love how the thought bubble matches the caption. I love when stuff like that is captured. Also where are flicks shoes? Or did she take them off at the door...er...mailbox i mean. Lol!

Im so excited for your next installment! Hope i didnt make you wait to long for a reply! Just really really wanted to get the challenge updated and it turned out to be a bigger task then i thought it would be. Hopefully ill be able to post more of Abela and Zain very soon!!!!

Tigger-
Ahahaa, your just like me! I could never wait. Hope you got everything working and everything is going great! Don't forget to back up your game, and take out your downloads folder and paste in on the desktop put it back in once you have installed the game ( May be too late for that but still ) Then save your sim family and their house to the sim bin and if you can upload it online via the 'share' button. Those are all of the paranoid steps i take. That and saving an extra everything to my removable hard drive so i can move it to a different computer should something happen. I hope your having a blast, from all the testing i did i was really enjoying it. Im excited to play play with a family i care about, lol. Can't wait to hear an update from you and your legacy sims! Don't forget to check out my updated rules!!!!

K im going back to skim my challenge for errors, and then im probably going to pass out for a couple of hours, lol!!

Talk to you all later!!
Test Subject
#75 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 3:16 PM
Thanks for the compliments Founders Legacy. Yup I picked a new lot. This time I decided to have them live in Twinbrook, I would have felt too sad trying to rebuild where my last got destroyed O.o. I like Flick a lot though too. I didn't think anyone would notice the shoe thing :P. I decided not to give her shoes to kinda feed into the idea that she is really poor and doesn't have much at all. Also to kinda add to her earthy side. Can't wait for Abela's update.

No worries about the late reply. Next time your on though you should tell me what you think of LN. Is it worth buying? Also I went over the new rules and there is one I've broken already . I used the Best Friend reward. Should I just move the bot out now or just take off some points for it?

This weekend is pretty crazy for me so I won't really be around. I'll look forward to seeing the updates from all of you though :D
Page 3 of 5