Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 6:35 PM
Kchaos, that is often due to a version mismatch or else unpatched EPs- see the solutions in this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 7:02 PM
Thank you, but....
I already checked, that's none of my errors. I just play the in-game version, add my buildings (I also just tried not to add anything and just quit), I save and go back to the caw. Than the caw can't open the files. The error really says "can't open Name.world", and it still can't even if I don't save and just quick without saving.....
That's why I guess it's just a fail in saving datas.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 8:03 PM
Yes, the saving and not being able to open is a common error with CAW (and EIG mode) and is usually due to a version mismatch, as linked to in the troubleshooting guide I referred you to.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Yes, the saving and not being able to open is a common error with CAW (and EIG mode) and is usually due to a version mismatch, as linked to in the troubleshooting guide I referred you to.

ok, than i'll read it all over again, just with more attention
thank you again :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 3:53 PM
Well no, I didn't find any solutions to my CAW problems and I did check the related thread more than twice carefully.
Aaaanyway....

Considering the world to be just an empty bigger version of Sunset Valley, here are some in-game (my graphic version in-game) pics of the version I would like to share next on MTS. The lots sizes have all been checked while playing, and I might give links to some community lots to be added by the players....

Test Subject
#31 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 9:09 PM
Looking good, looking good. I think part of my initial confusion was partly due to the earlier drafting of how the community lots would be placed. Initially, you had listed lot 21 (business rabbit hole) in two different places, leading to me trying to decipher what you were going for. Since it seems you're still planning and re-planning the final town layout, that might have been why I was confused. But given that, it's turning out fantastic.

I was wondering if you were going to broach the possibility of linking to other community lots made by others. Seeing how you mentioned it, since I have a copy of Late Night, I could probably dig up a few good bars/clubs/lounges that you could link to. I'm always searching for new town venues, and as such over time I've found good options for different towns. Since you have a farm area and a marsh area, that means players have a fitting area to place Riverview/Twinbrook venues as well. Given that, I could probably provide all nine LN venues, some might even have more then one option (I have three different dive bars that I use, and at least two of them would work in this neighborhood).

Since I don't like cramming CC in my game unless absolutely necessary, the venues would have next to nothing extra beyond a few decorative store items (wall posters and nothing that would be required/irreplaceable).

If you want, I can PM you with a potential list, since I'm not extremely familiar with the user policies, and you could see what is worth mentioning along with the final product. Considering you would just add a link or mention to a community lot, I assume it probably won't require much negotiating the usage policies, since you aren't actually using it in the download.

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." ~ Tom Stoppard
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 11:18 PM
Hi. I solved the EIG-prob, now I hope someone would help with the building?
Any ideas? Thanks!
Instructor
#33 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 6:56 AM
You might consider temporarily setting your graphics a little higher when taking pictures and then resetting them. As it stands, the town looks uncrisp.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 12:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
You might consider temporarily setting your graphics a little higher when taking pictures and then resetting them. As it stands, the town looks uncrisp.

I'd love to, but there is just No way: I should enter the game, set the graphics, exit, load the whole game again and HOPE it loads, than enter again and than it moves very, very slowly.
At the beginning I say that my grap rendering is very poor and that I was hoping someone would help me. Otherwise, when I'll be at my sister's for Holidays I'll take some decent shoot with her computer...

But I think it gives "the atmosphere" anyway. I downloaded some world that had great preview images and turned out to be... well: poor indeed.
Test Subject
#35 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 6:20 PM
I hate to be a nag but...^^ Did you see my above offer?

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." ~ Tom Stoppard
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mariomaster101
I hate to be a nag but...^^ Did you see my above offer?

Lol! I didn't Well I read it as you first posted and than forgot to answer because I wanted to come back and post imgs / list of lot sizes. Yes, that would be great! I won't be able to add LN lots because I don't have any, but I can surely link some!
Waiting for your PMs than )

Cool, thank you!
Test Subject
#37 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 3:31 AM Last edited by MintyZoi : 26th Dec 2011 at 4:12 AM.
Ooooooooh, recent posts. I have relatively good graphics (not the best, but good enough), and would be willing to help place lots, screenshots, ect. whatever if need be. I'm gonna download the beta and start building on my own anyways. :3 Just drop me a PM or something.

Edit: Oh, and P.S. some lots, especially the school lots, are big enough to place multiple rabbit holes. I haven't had any trouble placing anything so far.

The two most common elements in the world are hydrogen and stupidity. I happen to possess both.
(Underneath spoiler is pretty, helpful links)

Field Researcher
#38 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 11:39 AM
I GOT PETS :D

now what do you want me to build?! :P

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Test Subject
#39 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 12:47 AM
If your interested in someone building maybe some sims to go with your world, I would like to just toss my name out there. Of course they would be offered CC free, with links to where the CC can be found.

I also would like to see high res shots of this world. It's hard to tell if the textures are blended nicely/fit in when there is no definition. I'm thinking also, to reduce the amount of space community lots need, is to use those rabbit hole rugs, and maybe some of bridgeport's buildings. That way you can effectively reduce your community lot needs by almost half, while still allowing room for expansion.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 1:52 PM
Hi everybody
I'm just posting to say that I have a LOT to do right now (I'm writing my Final Degree) BUT I'm still thinking (not doing) about that project.
Everyone who feels like building some lots/sims please be welcome: I'm looking forward to see what you're up to. Maybe build an idea of what you are up for so I can model the world to fit it. I mean, maybe User 1 wants to build 4 villas, so let me know that and I create the space for them, while User 2 wants to create 3 parks, and so on...
Just feel completely free and let creativity do the rest!
Thank you very much
Test Subject
#41 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kchaos
Hi everybody
I'm just posting to say that I have a LOT to do right now (I'm writing my Final Degree) BUT I'm still thinking (not doing) about that project.
Everyone who feels like building some lots/sims please be welcome: I'm looking forward to see what you're up to. Maybe build an idea of what you are up for so I can model the world to fit it. I mean, maybe User 1 wants to build 4 villas, so let me know that and I create the space for them, while User 2 wants to create 3 parks, and so on...
Just feel completely free and let creativity do the rest!
Thank you very much

Hi! I can help you build some lots!
But what kind of lots you need right now?

PS: You can PM me if you interested
Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 5:20 PM
I need like everything.
RIght now I built the Fitnesscenter in a modern style. I also have the library, the hospital and used both school+stadium from pets. I'd like if someone would build anything, guessing if you're free to choose what you also do a better and funnier job...
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 5:36 AM
It looks really good. I just wish that you didn't use pets. I don't own pets so I probably won't be able to download it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 6:00 PM
Hi Folk,

here you can find an empty BETA version of the world. There are already all (empty) lots, so you can easily adopt yours. I only have Ambitions and Pets, so those are what you'll need for running it. I guess you can build things with other EPs stuff too, and we'll make a trial to see if i can add it into the world without loosing parts (so someone with the right EP can actually open it, or in my case stuff will be substituted with something else).
Please, let me build the library I've some plans...

http://www.mediafire.com/?t8cc8zg37t66hs4
And please, also beta-test the word and tell me the issues you find! Thank you again!
Instructor
#45 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 2:22 AM
Hey, I can Download the World, I have time to build a bit and I also have Anygame Starter, so I can make them With only Ambitions and Pets. I would like to ask something though, Would you mind CC (Just some custom Patterns and EA Matching content and a few Mods) ? I build at most to any style and I usually am good with small starters and community lots.

You can PM if interested

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 10:51 AM
Let me set a rule: as few CC as possible, and those should be "replacable" (only affect how a place look), so no game would be screwed up. Thanks
Instructor
#47 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 6:43 PM
Ok. Will do. I do have one thing to ask about, I explored a bit and I found the Tourist Trap you put up, Would it be possible to place a small lot near it (it would be a cool Junkyard or Beach bum shack)?

(◐ω◑)
(◐ω◑)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#48 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by levini
Ok. Will do. I do have one thing to ask about, I explored a bit and I found the Tourist Trap you put up, Would it be possible to place a small lot near it (it would be a cool Junkyard or Beach bum shack)?

yes, please
Instructor
#49 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 8:49 PM Last edited by levini : 8th Apr 2012 at 3:19 PM.
Alright Awesome, I so far have 2 lots in go, the community lot near the beach (Which may be scrapped ) and the beach bum shack

EDIT:
Here are some works in progress, The beach area was scrapped due to crappiness butI finished the shack (Somewhat) and then began on a small cluster of houses

(◐ω◑)
(◐ω◑)
dodgy builder
#50 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 1:06 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 9th Apr 2012 at 1:42 PM.
I had a house I needed to test, and I do like taking pictures. I didn't have any troubles opening and making a new nabourhood. No lag, I expected lots of lag, but it's early yet probably. Very little lots here.

The lots in this world doesn't seem to have regular sizes. I needed to place a 40x40 with a nice view for my shots. Ended up demolishing a plot you had and put down my size. I gave my lot a fab beach location:

Daytime, sims outside the house checking the nabourhood. Something to fix?

Just some random daytime pictures

My house in different light during 1 sim day:

I also sent my guy off to take a look at the criminals hideout. He gathered some scrap there, and I took these pictures. I also turned some nabourhood and sim graphics up for this.

I must say I think you should try working on ground colors, but with such a terrible graphics card I don't know ...
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: Old - will re-open if requested
Page 2 of 4