Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 2:05 AM Last edited by Heimlichbourger : 3rd Nov 2014 at 2:22 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SOLVED: Invisible fire waking up my toddler!
My toddler is constantly waking up with a thought balloon indicating fire, when there's no fire on the lot. What do I have to do to fix it? I've attached an image. Thanks!

Edit: Solved! There was a fire "stuck" in a tree that had been previously hit. When I deleted the tree, the fire reappeared and could be put out, and the kid could sleep again. Weird, huh?
Screenshots

Check out my Simblr to follow the development of the Grand Duchy of Heimlichbourg!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 2:08 AM
How is the toddler's aspiration? It looks like the poor kid's having a nightmare, which will happen when aspiration is low and says low for a while.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 2:10 AM
Sorry, it turns out there WAS a fire on the lot. Dumb Heimlichbourger is dumb!

Edit: Feel free to delete this thread, mods, sorry for wasting your time

Edit again: Grr, I was wrong again, it keeps happening. I'm going to try removing the objects on the lot one at a time... even after I maxed out his aspiration

Check out my Simblr to follow the development of the Grand Duchy of Heimlichbourg!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 3:03 AM
I would check and see if it can be fixed on the Bat Box.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 3:25 AM
If it still has not been fixed then I would try "BO - No Sim Loaded" http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....55840#msg155840

This mods fixes broken controllers that come up from time to time.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 4:33 AM
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 10:25 AM
If you can locate the fire (sometimes they are invisible), the stuck object remover will also nuke it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 6:11 PM
ScaryRob, everytime I read your signature, I laugh.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
ScaryRob, everytime I read your signature, I laugh.

You're obviously easily amused.
And what does yours mean? Something about speaking French...

Anyway, the OP's pic shows the baby crib next to the kitchen range. Who does that?
If my parents had put my crib in the kitchen next to the range, I'd have had nightmares about fires too, but surely the game programming can't be that deep?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
You're obviously easily amused.
And what does yours mean? Something about speaking French...

Anyway, the OP's pic shows the baby crib next to the kitchen range. Who does that?

It says : "I also speak french!...mostly."
english is just my second language.
I'd never put a crib next to a stove either.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
If my parents had put my crib in the kitchen next to the range, I'd have had nightmares about fires too, but surely the game programming can't be that deep?

Now you point it out, that might be the issue.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#12 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Now you point it out, that might be the issue.

Come to think of it, it says somewhere, maybe in the fireplace descriptions, not to put flammable items near fireplaces.
Maybe the kitchen ranges have a similar restriction/warning, except it's not "documented" anywhere. Eh?
Anyway, wow, that was pretty much a shot in the dark.
I still wouldn't entirely rule out demonic possession.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 11:40 PM
Are you sure the baby isn't Sam Winchester?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Theorist
#14 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 12:21 AM
[ sarcasm]Well, it's nice of the OP to let us know how he resolved the issue.[/sarcasm]