Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 9:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game crashing in CAS
Ok, so lately, my game has been crashing in CAS. It is always when I'm on the male hair. If I try to go too far into the hair section, the game freezes and then that message saying application has crashed and will terminate comes up. I did recent put a lot of new hairs in my game, so I figure that is the problem, but I have a lot of CC and I'm not sure how I'd find the problem hair
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 9:56 PM
Luckily, we have this article: Game Help:Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki

Since you know the problem is a male hair, you can just use your male hair folder when following the instructions. You might want to take out all your other CC temporarily, while you're tracking down the hair that's at fault, because you'll be doing a lot of loading the game to see if the problem is fixed, and that's a lot quicker with less CC.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 2:59 AM
I'm starting to think it wasn't a hair so much as having too many hairs. That day, I was on download binge and from what Ican tell, I downloaded over 1000 hairs and recolors. Could that be it?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
I'm starting to think it wasn't a hair so much as having too many hairs. That day, I was on download binge and from what Ican tell, I downloaded over 1000 hairs and recolors. Could that be it?

My 2 cents, no.
It has to be one particular mesh or recolor of it. This is always how it happens...which make it one of the easiest to find.
Correct me someone if I'm wrong

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 11:11 AM
Rosebine is quite right - the only limit to how much CC you can have in your game is how long you're willing to wait for it to load.

Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 5:11 PM
Is that so? Well, I took out all the stuff I downloaded that day, and it isn't crashing anymore. Though, I'm still not sure which one caused it. Either way, I guess the problem is solved now
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 5:20 PM
Well, if you keep going through the FAQ, it explains a very quick and easy way to work out which file was causing the problem, so that you can keep the others - if you want to.