Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 9:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The Sims 2 - Installer Looks Blank
When I try to install Sims or houses, the installer comes, but it's blank. I'm using the Sims 2 ultimate collection.

The Sims 1: The gameplay was good, many things to do if you have all expansion packs. 5/10
The Sims 2: Great for machinima, not gameplays 9/10
The Sims 3: Great Gameplay 7/10
The Sims 4: Improving but so far 8/10
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 9:46 PM
Do you mean the installer that comes with the game? I don't know why it would do that, but it sucks anyway, you're much better off using the Clean Installer .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Do you mean the installer that comes with the game? I don't know why it would do that, but it sucks anyway, you're much better off using the Clean Installer .

Okay so I've installed the Clean Installer, but when i double click on the .sims2pack it still gives me the default blue one instead.

The Sims 1: The gameplay was good, many things to do if you have all expansion packs. 5/10
The Sims 2: Great for machinima, not gameplays 9/10
The Sims 3: Great Gameplay 7/10
The Sims 4: Improving but so far 8/10
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 1:06 AM
Right-click the sims2pack and hit Open With, then pick Clean Installer from the list. You can also tick the "Use this program every time" box so you don't have to keep choosing from the list.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.