Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 5:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bodyshop black screen problem
I have not touched the game some days, didn't receive any new content in downloads folder, not touched drivers or etc. But my Bodyshop looks like that.

Reboot didn't help. I can't test game only now, coz it loaded ~3 hour

Sorry for bad english!
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 7:09 PM
Did you try deleting the cache files? Particularly cigen.package.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 7:43 PM
Yep, every time before i play game or bodyshop.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 10:59 PM
Well, it looks like some kind of graphics issue - you can see the little wheel selector thing in the middle there so it's clearly loading the code when you're running the game. Did you update your drivers recently for your video card? I ask because I had an update notification from NVidia yesterday.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 9:02 PM
Nope. My videocard is pretty old and integrated. NVidia GeForce 7025/*nForce 630a. 2009 last driver update, but it worked before 4/10. can't wait my wage for buying new videocard
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 11:18 AM
driver update did not help
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 11:35 AM
Actually I was thinking the update might have broken it. I've never really seen anything like that before and I don't know what can be causing it. Did you try running BS without any CC in your Downloads folder?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 2:03 PM
I update driver after it happened.
And i too never seen anything like that before (since 2008 simming)
Without Downloads folder - yes. it did not help

Now i'm reinstall the game. Maybe it help.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 6:08 PM
So.

Reinstalling game helps, but with my monster 24 Gb Download folder all begins again.
What i think about it (sorry for my broken english): my monster folder requires many computer resources to load, integrated video card (integrated video cards don't have own memory, it takes memory of RAM) working at maximum capacity. RAM (only 2 gb) + swap file (of course slower than the RAM) can't process all.
My solution to the problem: upgrade the PC.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 11:02 PM
I would say that is too much content for that old card. I would try to par it down to around 18GB at least.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 6:46 PM
Don't know why, but all was good before (i mean with 24 gb folder)
If upgrade won't help, I will ask again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th May 2015 at 2:07 PM
Up the question. New videocard (MSI GeForce GT 730), empty download folder, 2 times reinstalling game did not help. Any idea?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 16th May 2015 at 4:50 PM
Well crap. How much memory? What are your other system specs?