Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 5:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Lot always crashes on one particular family
Hi there, I've been playing the sims for many years now and I have never come across this problem before. I have one particular family and whenever I play on them, the game always crashes, stating 'The application has crashed. The application will now terminate'. I have had crashes with other families before but that was after hours of gameplay. On this family I can only get seconds, and if I'm lucky, a minute or two.
There seems to be an odd pattern aswell. I have tried moving the family out of previous lots (because I thought possibly their downloaded house was corrupted), but I made them a new house from scratch and it still crashes. Also, whenever I move them into a new lot, I can get just short of EXACTLY 3 simsdays of gameplay before it crashes. Then, when I load up the family again, it crashes within seconds.
I'm wondering now if it's my sim or family who is corrupted. The family is only two sims and two pets, and they live on a very small lot size. I have tried separating the girl from the boy into different households, as well as using the 'find own place' option to generate a new family file, but still, it crashed. As a last resort, I uninstalled and reinstalled my latest EP but to no avail.
One last thing I should probably note is that I have 12gb of CC but I have only once had a problem with this before and I don't think it is this that is causing the problem, because it crashes no matter which lot the family lives in, despite changing all furniture. Also, all the furniture that is in their lot has been used before with no problem whatsoever, so I really don't know what to do.
If anyone could be of any help, that would be great! I have other families, but I really want to play this one and it's currently driving me mad.
Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this. Below are my system specs:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/21/2015, 16:40:14
Machine name: GRACE-HP
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150316-1654)
Language: French (Regional Setting: French)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: p6-2260ea
BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/07/12 10:24:00 Ver: 7.12
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6030MB RAM
Page File: 2289MB used, 9768MB available
Windows Dir: C:\windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0102&SUBSYS_2ADA103C&REV_09
Display Memory: 1696 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: S22B150
Monitor Id: SAM08A3
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HD15
Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumd32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32
Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.2696 (English)
Driver Version: 8.15.10.2696
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 4/5/2012 03:51:51, 8087040 bytes

Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers / Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: No
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7676&SUBSYS_103C2ADA&REV_1001
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: stwrt64.sys
Driver Version: 6.10.6374.0000 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 3/30/2012 10:05:44, 535040 bytes

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 788.5 GB
Total Space: 943.1 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: Hitachi HDS721010DLE630 ATA Device

Drive: D:
Free Space: 1.3 GB
Total Space: 10.5 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: Hitachi HDS721010DLE630 ATA Device
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 5:33 PM
What happens when you pull all your cc and try again? (Be sure to BACK UP your game before you pull any cc!) It sounds like the problem is tied to the sims, not the house or the hood, and that makes me thing that it's something to do with cc associated with them. I had one sim whose shirt crashed the game every time she tried to use the computer, so it's perfectly possible.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 5:39 PM
First have you deleted your cache files.

Make a back-up of your hood and then go to another family and teleporter 1 at a time the family that is crashing and see if it is a sim.

If all sims can be teleported then it is something with the house. If it is the house then either use the reglar way of moving the sims out or use the teleporter to move them to a dif. lot and then have them use the ingame way of moving out.
If one of the sims can not be teleported then you can try and use SimPE to remove any and all items from that sims inventory.

Best teleporter to use is this one. http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm this one will allow you to move the sims in that get teleported.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 10:09 AM
Default First have you deleted your cache files.
Yes, I always delete my cache files before I play. I'll try this teleporter thing. Now that you mention it, I did have a sim that I couldn't resurrect because he was wearing a shirt that had become corrupted in my game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
What happens when you pull all your cc and try again? (Be sure to BACK UP your game before you pull any cc!) It sounds like the problem is tied to the sims, not the house or the hood, and that makes me thing that it's something to do with cc associated with them. I had one sim whose shirt crashed the game every time she tried to use the computer, so it's perfectly possible.

I'll try this method right now. It's just really odd, because all of the cc I'm currently using is being used on other families and they run just fine. The two sims are currently adults and before they were at uni. I haven't changed their appearances, except for the guy's beard, hairstyles (that worked on him and her at uni with no problem), and clothes. The clothes all work on the other lots. Maybe it has something to do with my sims pets. I remember their family crashing for the first time when they bought a new dog. I'd never used this dog EVER in my game before, so maybe that's it.
Thanks for your help!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe

Okay so, I just tried both methods: removing all cc and the teleporter.
I used the teleporter first, and I was able to move all four members of the family, pets included, to a different lot. No crashes at all. Then, I tried removing all my cc and the game ran for longer than it usually does, and on speed 3 too. This never happens so it's something with the cc I take it, because I loaded the family up with all the cc and yup, it crashed after about 20 seconds.