Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 6:55 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Unable to Launch The Sims 2-- Script Errors?
Greetings,

I have Windows 7 and have every expansion and stuff pack installed except for Kitchen and Bath and up until today I've been able to launch The Sims 2 just fine by setting the compatibility for the launch icons to Windows XP Service Pack 3. But today I tried to launch the game and am unable to do so.

Whenever I click the launch EXE on my desktop it brings up the launcher where it shows what I have installed and has the large "Play" button. The bottom of the window looks like it has been changed to a different one (where The Sims ads usually are) and has a green "The Sims", a row of vertical letters on the left that read "G N... M... S... C" and "BUY NOW" below it, and then has a picture of three Sim characters at the very bottom. I can't remember if this has been there for a while or not. Either way, a moment after the launcher appears, I get a pop-up reading "Script Error: An error has occurred in the script on this page." No matter if I click the yes button, the no button or the X icon, after a few clicks the launcher crashes. It happens every time and I can't get by it.

Does anyone know how I could fix this so I can run the game again?

Advertisement
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 8:17 PM
That is an error with the launcher still pointing to a website that it can't read. You need to bypass the launcher by following this method. At the very end, instead of changing it to Sims2EP6.exe, change it to Sims2EP9.exe as you are running M&G.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Klaartje
That is an error with the launcher still pointing to a website that it can't read. You need to bypass the launcher by following this method. At the very end, instead of changing it to Sims2EP6.exe, change it to Sims2EP9.exe as you are running M&G.

If you click the play button really fast before the ad pops up, it will work.

[SIZE=3]
"I asked for a car, I got a computer. How's that for being born under a bad sign?"

~Ferris Bueller's Day Off, 1986
[/SIZE]
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Access Denied
If you click the play button really fast before the ad pops up, it will work.

tried that, didn't work but bypassing the launcher did

cheers Dudes
Space Pony
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 10:00 PM
Sorry for the extremely late reply... It's been extremely stressful the past couple of weeks and I completely forgot...

Anyway, I'll give that a shot and see how it goes. Thanks.
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 2:20 AM
I could'nt launch the sims 2 freetime until i changed it to "Sims2EP7.exe" and now it works great! Ty Numenor.
Your the greatest!