Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 8:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Custom skins don't show up in-game.
So I've been trying to use some custom skins for my Sims, but for whatever reason they don't show up in-game. My framework is set up correctly, all of my other mods and CC work just fine, I delete the simCompositorCache.package file before starting my game, but they still won't show up. I've tried at least three different skins, and none of them show up. And I was sure to read the instructions thoroughly when installing them.
I can't figure out what's keeping them from showing up. I'm just tired of the Barbie-and-Ken-doll effect... I'd like my game to b a little more realistic. :P

Any help is appreciated!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 9:50 AM
Do you have other costum skintones installed? After a few you have to "scroll" down, even if theres no scrollbar.

Also Im using mastercontroller and xcas, I dont know if that effects it, but I never had any problems with skins.

Are they non default or default replacements? You could only install 1 default replacement.

Im not a native speaker
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 10:16 AM Last edited by Fraxxie : 1st Apr 2015 at 10:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lolalule
Do you have other costum skintones installed? After a few you have to "scroll" down, even if theres no scrollbar.

Also Im using mastercontroller and xcas, I dont know if that effects it, but I never had any problems with skins.

Are they non default or default replacements? You could only install 1 default replacement.

All the skin tones I have are base-game ones. I'd been using XCAS as well, but skins never showed up with it installed, either.
Looking back, I think I was trying to install non-default skins... maybe that's what I did wrong. I'm a noob when it comes to modding... ^^'

EDIT: Nope, still not showing up. :/