Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 1:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Babysitters won't leave!
I had to call for a Sitter at some point in my game. They stayed for about 12 hours, then left, charging me the usual fee. Then another babysitter came, stayed for 12 hours, and charged me $50. This has been going on for weeks in game, and resetting/killing/deleting the sitters doesn't help--it just makes another one show up. The kids are now teenagers, and the sitters now show up and leave immediately, charging me every time they do so.

Anyone else had this problem? If I can't get them to go away, is there a way to disable babysitters through Register?

I'm running a fully patched game through Steam on Windows 8.1.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 1:40 AM
Like, take all of my Script mods out? I haven't because I'm worried about corrupting this save file. I'm pretty sure that it is a mod causing the problem, but I don't want to bork the game by removing mod(s) currently in use in the save file. Is there a safe way to do it by clearing the cache or something?

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 1:54 AM
Well, I saved the family to the bin just in case something goes horribly wrong. Wish me luck.

Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 5:42 AM
I had this same problem with a babysitter mod I was using but I can't remember which one. It was one where the babysitter was tweaked to be reoccurring. Have you tried firing them through your phone to quit the babysitter service? I think if you just fire them in person it only fires that particular babysitter for the day and then along comes a different babysitter. So on and so on. Reoccurring.