Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 2:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Neighborhood Gone - Trying Again From Scratch
I've had this problem for a number of months since I ported over to a new computer - my most-loved neighbourhood will refuse to show up in the neighbourhood selection screen, and when I start a new neighbourhood with the terrain I downloaded, it CTDs. Now I'm considering deleting the save, and starting again from scratch, and hopefully, my shoddy backing-up skills have preserved the CC I ported over. Is there any way I can get back the neighbourhood without plugging back in the original computer?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 2:54 PM
How did you try to transfer the hood from one computer to the other? (CD, thumb drive, external hard drive? Copying all the install files over, copying just the hood folder? Etc...)

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 8:25 PM Last edited by Aaron4Ever : 26th Apr 2015 at 5:34 PM.
Used a thumb drive, copied from old computer, decided not to keep a copy of the neighborhood files, which when a stupid thing to do. I regret everything I did. I do not want to plug back in the old computer.
Theorist
#4 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 9:24 PM
If you didn't keep a copy of the files on your thumb drive, then you'll need to boot the old computer again. All you need is the neighborhood file (the N00X one in the Neighborhoods folder, where X is the number of the hood. N001 is Pleasant view, N002 is Strangetown, and so on) and your Downloads folder. If you had any Paintings you wanted to save, or any CEP files, put those on the drive too. You don't want to try copying your whole game installation over -- that way lies madness. You're probably best off redownloading anything that lives in the program files. I don't know about you, but I always forget some small but essential piece. Redownloading makes sure you a) have everything and b) have the instructions for exactly how and where to install it.

I hope you don't regret playing TS2! Nothing at all to regret there!

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2015 at 7:17 AM
STATUS UPDATE: Deleted broken terrains, deleted missing neighborhood, IT WORKS! But now, I don't have an internet connection. Which means all mods need to be ported over by USB and put in downloads. Now I don't have screwed-over-by-my-sister neighborhoods, and I can start afresh!