Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 3:27 PM Last edited by C_Guy : 7th Nov 2014 at 5:43 PM.
Default large amount of thumbnail files accumulating every day or so on my phone
I have thumbnail view turned off on my phone and whenever I run CCleaner on my phone, which I do every day CCleaner finds 500 megabytes of thumbnail files on my phone, is this normal?

I do have about 30 or so widget icon themes installed on my phone, but I doubt there the cause of the large thumbnail files accumulating on my phone.

I'm not worried about drive space on my phone it has 15gb internal and 128 gb SD card, just thought the large thumbnail files was weird.

My wallpaper folder has 1500 wallpapers in it's folder and is 1.5 gb in size and is on my SD card.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 11:34 AM
I'm assuming this is in android ? What's the file path location of these thumbnails?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 3:37 PM
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and did a factory restore yesterday because my desktop whatever it's called on the phone was still frozen after the unlock screen, but I think it does that because it's waiting for a response from my Wi-Fi network because the screen freeze happened again after the factory reset.

My wallpaper, notification and Ringtones are all on my SD card,I'm not worried about the large thumbnail amount that Ccleaner finds, I'll just run it ever day, I installed McAfee last night after the factory reset.