Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2008 at 7:46 AM
Default Sims2Pack installer problems
I downloaded the latest version 1.5.1.4 and I followed the instructions I found on this site as well as the program's, but no where does it say anything about the Sims2Pack not having an install button. How do I install the content without an install button? *very confused*
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th May 2008 at 5:29 PM
You double click the .sims2pack icon and it will open with the Clean Installer which will then install the content.

Please read this tutorial for more information. It contains everything we know on how to install custom content.
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...Fracking_Idiots

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2008 at 7:58 AM
I did read the tut, the whole thing, the only problem is when I double click the content it asks me which program do I want to open it with, so when I select the Clean Installer, nothing happens.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd May 2008 at 3:47 PM
Hmmm..it should not *ask* you what program you want to open it with. Usually, if there's a problem, it will default to the Maxis Installer.

You could try uninistalling and reinstalling the program (making sure you have the .net framework installed) using this as a guide:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=217787

Hopefully someone else can come along with a better idea!

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th May 2008 at 12:07 AM
I also tried that before. Didn't work though...
Anyone else got an idea?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th May 2008 at 8:58 PM
Are you attempting to open a .package file or a .sims2pack file? Try right clicking on a Sims2Pack and choosing open with> Sims2Pack Clean Installer. Choose the 'always use this program' option.