Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#15176 Old 15th May 2017 at 2:40 PM
Why would anyone look down on you for following the rules? Go ahead and tell Nikolas he has my approval for stealing and selling stuff "for the greater good"!
Congrats on the space pony :D
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#15177 Old 15th May 2017 at 4:56 PM
We've all done cheaty things Owly so don't sweat it (for example, Erin (my gen 1 help) may or may not have picked up a pretty expensive car somehow (idek how like she was busking and then randomly got it?) and I may or may not have sold it and kept the hypothetical possible money >.> <.< )

I've always wanted to be a space pony, I think I'm about 90 posts away from being one still though :c I mean, I could spam all y'all on here and get it but that's not a very productive thing to do

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Scholar
Original Poster
#15178 Old 15th May 2017 at 5:44 PM
Quoth the rules, "a kleptomaniac may only sell items they've stolen if they are in one of the two criminal career branches"

Seems pretty clear to me. Sell that stuff!
Instructor
#15179 Old 15th May 2017 at 7:23 PM
I knooooow it's fine with the rules but it feels cheaty. XD But I did it, and was able to build up the house to actually fit everyone comfortably. I was starting to feel bad for Nikolas because he works at nights and since Bjorn's crib was in their room he was constantly waking up and complaining about his own son. Anyway, the house will be perfect as long as there are no more babies! :D

And because I redecorated their house and got excited about something that happened in game, I ended up playing several days ahead of where I am storywise. :[ I need to write my next chapter ASAP.

Scholar
Original Poster
#15180 Old 15th May 2017 at 8:02 PM
One thing I have noticed about the rules is that they're not very balanced. It's possible to roll a very lucrative career with easy goals in gen 1 and be set for the rest of the legacy, and it's also possible to roll something nightmarishly difficult and annoying. Don't feel bad about getting lucky rolls... the lucky rolls seem to be easier to get than bad ones, really. So many sims careers make tons of money, it's more unusual to roll something "bad".
Field Researcher
#15181 Old 17th May 2017 at 3:09 PM
Field Researcher
#15182 Old 17th May 2017 at 5:42 PM
Yeah, that rule makes sense to me since selling the stolen goods is still in line with the career that was rolled.

I have an update: 6.11 "Selfish"
Instructor
#15183 Old 19th May 2017 at 11:29 PM
I was thinking about how unbalanced some of the rolls are as I was working on a lot for gen 3 today (I know I'm getting ahead of myself). The home came out to like 150k and I was like "there's no way I'll be able to afford that!" Meanwhile in my original legacy my founder had made that much by the time her kids were teens. >.>

Anyway, I have an update, and then I'm off to read! :D

2.8. No Good Deed...

Scholar
#15184 Old 20th May 2017 at 9:57 AM
I have another update, Chapter 1.14
Lab Assistant
#15185 Old 20th May 2017 at 6:49 PM
I'm doing an A-Z challenge sorta with this challenge, but no generational goal and the founders don't have a job(not until 1st gen with kids) I'll use how many kids there should be and I rolled a 4 but my couple have 1 singleton and 2 sets of twins so they ended up with 5. The 2 sets of twins are now children and the singleton is a teen.
Field Researcher
#15186 Old 21st May 2017 at 5:48 AM Last edited by MommyIce : 21st May 2017 at 5:33 PM.
I am back now! 2017 has not been kind at all & I'm still ready for a new year! I was so scared last month when we got the call saying my b-i-l was in a head-on collision. Especially when we couldn't find out where the ambulance took him! Thankfully he survived with broken ribs, collarbone, sternum & femur. Two weeks of going back and forth to the hospital. But, it's a nice reminder of what a strong family we have! :lovestruc

I actually booted up my game and started playing again. I was going to skip forward to the girls going off to college because I thought it would be hard to get back into my story. But, the storyline came right back to me!

Hope you enjoy! They Grow Up So Fast

Seeing the light

It all falls apart...

I'll be spending some time catching up on comments & reading everyone else's stories!
Field Researcher
#15187 Old 21st May 2017 at 6:59 PM
Update!

1.17 Connection
Field Researcher
#15188 Old 21st May 2017 at 7:10 PM
Just Another Lazy Saturday - Oh. Holy. Moly. I don't even know where to go with this! Lol. I'm traumatized from this update. Absolutely 100% traumatized.
Field Researcher
#15189 Old 21st May 2017 at 10:53 PM
Sorry! Last update for awhile! I am getting ready, setting up for my next generation. Lacie Black-Wolff is going to take over as heiress! But first...

Intermission - Raven Fell
Field Researcher
#15190 Old 22nd May 2017 at 2:26 PM Last edited by Marcy : 22nd May 2017 at 4:34 PM.
And the end of generation 1!
1.18 Correct Equations

....with the beginning of generation 2!

2.1 New Memories

2.2 Distraction
Field Researcher
#15191 Old 23rd May 2017 at 1:24 AM
The Thread that Ties...

Working Her Magic...

Alright, apparently it's feast or famine with me. But, I'm really enjoying the new generation, even though it's a little bit darker than I usually write! Hope everyone else enjoys it! I'm planning an intermission back to Sunset Valley in Sims-week to see how Jason is getting along!
Instructor
#15192 Old 23rd May 2017 at 1:51 AM
Becky! I tried PMing you something but your inbox is full. (:

(sorry to do this but I didn't know how else to reach you)

Scholar
Original Poster
#15193 Old 23rd May 2017 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by owl_face
Becky! I tried PMing you something but your inbox is full. (:

(sorry to do this but I didn't know how else to reach you)

Oops lol sorry! xD Cleared...
Field Researcher
#15194 Old 23rd May 2017 at 2:31 PM
Another update:

2.3 Closer
Field Researcher
#15195 Old 23rd May 2017 at 8:16 PM
Just a little freak out... - Nathan is quite surprised when he wakes up in his lady love's bed the next morning...

While the Sims sleep... - Hector makes his first appearance at his wife's new home.
Field Researcher
#15196 Old 23rd May 2017 at 9:20 PM Last edited by Marcy : 23rd May 2017 at 10:45 PM.
Adding on to the updates...

2.4 Unofficial Business

2.5 Effort
Instructor
#15197 Old 23rd May 2017 at 10:56 PM
I'm adding to the flurry of updates!

2.9. ...Goes Unpunished

Field Researcher
#15198 Old 24th May 2017 at 3:27 PM
I'm trying to catch up to where I am in game, looks like it'll be at least another few chapters:

2.6 Bind
Lab Assistant
#15199 Old 24th May 2017 at 5:21 PM
Sorry for the delay, been busy a lot! Next chapter comes faster though, I have a long weekend ahead of me!
Here's a quickly written filler chapter about Celestine's toddler years. Not much happening, but I needed to get this out of the way to catch up to where I am now (childhood).

2.5 - Growing like a weed

Speaking of catching up, I'll read all of your new updates in a bit!
Field Researcher
#15200 Old 24th May 2017 at 6:33 PM
So many updates! Here's mine: Chapter 6.12

I don't have time to read everything before work.
Page 608 of 676