Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 5:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business
Default Installing Glamour Life = wont let me create a new directory [file]
When Installing glamour life it will not let me create a new directory.
Ive tried creating a new folder and trying different folders and it wont work!

HELP!

~~Matt~~

This could be the start of somethin new, it feels so right to be here with you...
~~~Matt~~~
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:36 PM
Are you installing to the default location? How much hard drive space do you have?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 4:53 PM
I tried the default location too and it says cannot create directory.

and I have plenty of room. like 30,100 GB.

So I dont know why it wont work.

and whenever I try to play the game without installing glamour life [thought Id try] it doesnt work and an error message comes up

This could be the start of somethin new, it feels so right to be here with you...
~~~Matt~~~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 6:31 PM
You have thirty thousand gigabytes of space? Wow, that's a lot! Can you please give me the precise figure- post a screenshot if you can.
Also, what drive are you trying to install to? What drive is your current game on? What drive letter does the game attempt to default install to?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 7:43 PM
there are three screenshots.

I DONT KNOW WHY IT WONT WORK

:D
Screenshots

~~~Matt~~~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 9:32 PM
The best thing to do is to use the 'select directory' option and browse to a location on your C drive to install- C:\ program files\ EA Games\ The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff. Check before you do this that the folder has not already been created- I'm wondering if there is already a GLS folder, and the game is unable to overwrite it for some reason. In the second picture I'm a little puzzled at the path displayed- there is no drive indicated, just \EA Games. Browsing should solve this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 10:13 PM
Yessssss you are awesome!!!!
It worked :-D

~~~Matt~~~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 10:38 PM
Well done, glad you got it working! Happy simming.
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Solved