Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#8626 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 6:50 PM
That you can put stuffed bears and toys into the crib of a baby or toddler. I just wish they could play with them while in the crib.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#8627 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 3:32 PM
@ Randommerade

If you put a stuffed bear in a baby's or a toddler's inventory (instead of the freaking imaginery friend which I always delete if I find out they get one!) they get a "cuddle time" positive moodlet (+20 if I recall it well) and it lasts during their sleep time and 4 hours after they wake up. They can keep it when they become children too and they still get the moodlet, preety handy to keep spirits up, lol!
Alchemist
#8628 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I just recently discovered how to disable the UL protests as autonomous in NRaas Retuner and stop inactive households from having them.
Here's a picture of my city Hall in Oak Leaf in my legacy game there after I fully disabled those buggy UL protests as anything other than user directed.

@TadOlson UL protests are buggy? How is it buggy? Also, the Announce Protest interactions on megaphones and podiums are already disabled from autonomous use, so it's impossible for inactives to start a protest to begin with. What happened to your game? You're not mistaking it to the standard city hall base game protest, are you...

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#8629 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
the Announce Protest interactions on megaphones and podiums are already disabled from autonomous use, so it's impossible for inactives to start a protest to begin with.

Really? I didn't know that. In my Riverview games, inactives protest all the time in various parks, and sometimes at the City Hall. It's hilarious to watch! They picket all kinds of nonsense. (I have UL installed.)
Alchemist
#8630 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by freedomgurl35
Really? I didn't know that. In my Riverview games, inactives protest all the time in various parks, and sometimes at the City Hall. It's hilarious to watch! They picket all kinds of nonsense. (I have UL installed.)

Well I haven't encountered any occurrences like that before. I only briefly checked the start protest interactions on those two objects. There might be some other interactions that initiate the protest that I'm unaware of, but it could probably just the base game protest? But AFAIK, the base game protest never occurs in parks, so I can't tell for sure. :/

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#8631 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 2:14 AM
It could just also be Riverview itself. For whatever reason, weird stuff happens in Riverview and only in Riverview...including the random protests everywhere. So far I haven't had glitches, and it's kinda funny watching a bunch of sims protesting art at 1AM. LOL
Forum Resident
#8632 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 3:08 AM
Hmm, I thought it was because he was based on Tobias Funke...

You're both right. It's from an episode in which Gob (pronounced like the Biblical Job) and Tobias pitch an idea for a coffee shop to Michael called Gobias Coffee ("as in go buy us some coffee, Michael").

There's a lot of Arrested Development jokes in TS3.
Field Researcher
#8633 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:27 AM
I discovered that sim children don't need to ask you and will suddenly bring a friend home!
Mad Poster
#8634 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 1:51 PM
@TadOlson UL protests are buggy? How is it buggy? Also, the Announce Protest interactions on megaphones and podiums are already disabled from autonomous use, so it's impossible for inactives to start a protest to begin with. What happened to your game? You're not mistaking it to the standard city hall base game protest, are you...

I found out the podiums were enabled for autonomous use by sims for starting UL protests and had to adjust it in Retuner because it's enabled for autonomous use by default and I'm at 167 which might've changed that.I've got the documentation on what needed to be adjusted to stop the autonomous UL protests in the homeworld.I was trying to play my rotational style after installing UL and found out there is a bug which causes the UL protests to happen autonomously in the sim homeworld and it causes them to be late for work,miss work or to jump out of work and go start a protest.It can cause them to get demoted on the job or even get fired for skipping work.

Fixing the University Life Protest Bug

For Fixed Family Games:
Option-1:NRaas>Retuner>Settings>Geberal>ByTunableXML>Sims3.GameplaySituations>ImprovedProtestSituations>
kChanceOfProtestForDaysOfTheWeek-(values:0-6)choose zero for all weekdays.

Option-2:NRaas>Retuner>Settings>General>ByObject>iPodium:These settings are for all catagories of interactions of ipodiums.
AdvertisedOutput:no change
Allowed Species:no change
Allow Autonomous:false
Allow Autonomous For-NonGreeted:false
Allow Autonomous For Greeted:false
Allow User-Directed Non-Greeted:true
Allow From Inventory:false
Allow On Community:true
Allow Pregnnant Sims:true
Allow User-DIrected:true

Option-2-Pt-2:NRaas>Retuner>Settings>General>ByObject>Podium:
allow autonomous in all areas for give lecture,give lesson,practice speech and watch lecture.
announce protest,complain about world,give impassioned speach,lead a chant and rile the crowd.
AdvertisedOutput:no change
Allowed Species:no change
Allow Autonomous:false
Allow Autonomous For-NonGreeted:false
Allow Autonomous For Greeted:false
Allow User-Directed Non-Greeted:true
Allow From Inventory:false
Allow On Community:true
Allow Pregnnant Sims:true
Allow User-DIrected:true

For Rotational Games Involving Playing Multiple Households:All of the options must be adjusted if you really want these protests to be stopped from happening autonomously while still being able to have them start up as user directed.
I've adjusted all of the above settings in my Oak Leaf game and play tested it there and the closest to a UL protest was actually two horses grazing outside of the city hall rabbit hole and no real protests started even when I switched households.I didn't get that with just reducing the chance of protests because my other household had jumped put of work to start a protest just as I switched to them so I just cancelled the action.
Just reducing the chance of a protest will be fine for playing a game focused on a single household though you'll need to take another step to control it if it's a large group in that household by going into the game options and turning free will off to stop it in that case.
Here's the protest location I was finding them at and with the podiums at the usual time they would start this.This was taken after I did the above changes to the Retuner settings and it really works and makes the sims behave themselves.
Alchemist
#8635 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I found out the podiums were enabled for autonomous use by sims for starting UL protests and had to adjust it in Retuner because it's enabled for autonomous use by default and I'm at 167 which might've changed that.I've got the documentation on what needed to be adjusted to stop the autonomous UL protests in the homeworld.I was trying to play my rotational style after installing UL and found out there is a bug which causes the UL protests to happen autonomously in the sim homeworld and it causes them to be late for work,miss work or to jump out of work and go start a protest.It can cause them to get demoted on the job or even get fired for skipping work.

That's really weird because my game definitely says otherwise... It's not set to autonomous here and I'm at 1.67 as well. I can't blame you though, because I have no idea why our games have different autonomy settings on those interactions.

Seeing from your explanation, the protest itself isn't buggy. It's just an annoying behavior. It's a relief, because I once thought you meant buggy as in Free Vacation buggy!

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#8636 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
@ Randommerade

If you put a stuffed bear in a baby's or a toddler's inventory (instead of the freaking imaginery friend which I always delete if I find out they get one!) they get a "cuddle time" positive moodlet (+20 if I recall it well) and it lasts during their sleep time and 4 hours after they wake up. They can keep it when they become children too and they still get the moodlet, preety handy to keep spirits up, lol!

I think that also works for teen and older that have the Childish trait.

Worth the 50 Simoleons IMO...and I too am getting sick of the imaginary friends.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Field Researcher
#8637 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 5:21 AM
When your sims are lonely or desolate, they will autonomously call random sims on their phones.
Test Subject
#8638 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gangreless
Today I learned that child sims can fish in the swimming pool AND catch fish! WTF? Somebody was definitely asleep at the keyboard on this one. I do have a pond on my lot, so I'd understand if they were fishing there, but the pool? I seriously doubt the minnows grew wings and migrated to the pool. Note that adults cannot fish in the pool, unless they have the childish trait. When I have my adult sim with the childish trait and level 10 fishing skill inspect the POOL for fish, it shows minnow, red herring, vampire fish, tragic clownfish, and goldfish. These (along with 3 other types) are the same kinds I have in the pond.

Could it be that the spawners for the fish reach to the pool as well as the pond?
Instructor
#8639 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 7:54 PM
It seems that deleting the downloadedsims.index file I had in my SavedSims folder may have cured my game from cashing on startup. After weeks of barely being able to play, I might actually be free!
Forum Resident
#8640 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheRedRaven
It seems that deleting the downloadedsims.index file I had in my SavedSims folder may have cured my game from cashing on startup. After weeks of barely being able to play, I might actually be free!

It sounds like one of the sims was corrupted or had bad CC.

I hate it when the voices in my head talk about me as though I were not there...
Instructor
#8641 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kathwynn
It sounds like one of the sims was corrupted or had bad CC.

Probably so; I had downloaded one Sim on a CC spree and my game wouldn't open afterward so I deleted her, but that didn't solve it. I have no idea what that file was supposed to do, but since I don't have any downloaded Sims anymore I felt it was safe to get rid of.
Instructor
#8642 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vwcatbus
Could it be that the spawners for the fish reach to the pool as well as the pond?

Unlikely. My pools are no where near spawners and my sims catch fish the same way they do from ponds.
Test Subject
#8644 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:11 PM
I discovered that you can hug a horse while holding a child:

Scholar
#8645 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:17 PM

I discovered Pose Player. And HQ skins.
Test Subject
#8646 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
Unlikely. My pools are no where near spawners and my sims catch fish the same way they do from ponds.

That is very strange then.
Mad Poster
#8648 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 4:20 PM
I discovered that The Sims can remind me of my own life and touch off certain emotions. When I played generations, I had a Sim run a day care. I forgot how much I love little kids. It made me want to open up a daycare. Then I got University. When my Sim son said goodbye to his parents and the music played as he ran off to the moving truck, I got a lump in my throat and cried a little. The feeling of sadness of the loss of a child as they leave home just does not go away. Anyway, it was sweet to be able to follow him to college and enjoy life through his (Sim) eyes.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#8649 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I discovered that The Sims can remind me of my own life and touch off certain emotions. When I played generations, I had a Sim run a day care. I forgot how much I love little kids. It made me want to open up a daycare. Then I got University. When my Sim son said goodbye to his parents and the music played as he ran off to the moving truck, I got a lump in my throat and cried a little. The feeling of sadness of the loss of a child as they leave home just does not go away. Anyway, it was sweet to be able to follow him to college and enjoy life through his (Sim) eyes.

I know what you mean. Everytime my sims succeed in their jobs or hobbies, it feels like there is hope for me aswell lol. I feel little sad everytime I have one of the older children/siblings move out and start their own lifes. I always make sure I know where they live and maintain good relationship with them. Which is why always play in the same household as the parent/grandparent untill they die. I feel like I'm doing something bad by leaving the grandparents behind.
Test Subject
#8650 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 6:32 PM
I discovered that sims can age-up during the loading screen

Happened when i moved towns
Page 346 of 490