Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 10:55 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Can't buy clothing for my sims :(
Okay so I can't buy any clothing for my sims, the action for it just disappears as soon as I have asked the sim to do it. I know it has nothing to do with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true because I have that turned off. Anyway, I really need some help with this as it is driving me crazy because I can't buy any clothes for ANY of my sims
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 6:08 PM
Did you do the entire Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ? Specifically, what happened when you removed all of your CC? What happened when you used a newly generated save game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Did you do the entire Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ? Specifically, what happened when you removed all of your CC? What happened when you used a newly generated save game?

Wait so, if I haven't backed up my game since I got CC, should I just make a back-up now?
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hannah171
Wait so, if I haven't backed up my game since I got CC, should I just make a back-up now?

Back-ups are always good to make. And yes, you should definitely make one before you start taking out CC and testing your game for problems.

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by a_az13_a
Back-ups are always good to make. And yes, you should definitely make one before you start taking out CC and testing your game for problems.

In that case I think I will start backing up my game more often in case any of these glitches happen again
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 8:36 PM
I'm confused on a step though, because it says that I should back up my neighbourhood, so that on my desktop I should have the neighbourhoods, downloads folder and savedsims folder, but then on another step it says that the problem will either be with my saved sims and/or downloads
Site Helper
#7 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 9:02 PM
The backup instructions that I see say to copy your entire Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder to your desktop, including all subfolders. That includes the Neighborhoods, Downloads, and SavedSims subfolders. So, you should have only one folder on your desktop, named "The Sims 2".

Once you have a backup of your game, then you start trying to find the problem in Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2. For example, you can remove the Downloads and SavedSims folders from your Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder without worrying about destroying your neighborhoods or losing your CC, since you have a full backup on your desktop.