Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2004 at 12:40 AM
Default pool on roof
hey i was wondering if anyone has been able to put a pool on the roof i have tried a few methods but so far no luck
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Oct 2004 at 3:20 AM
I think the problem is that the pool is a form of terrain.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Oct 2004 at 5:48 AM
have you tried the same trick they did with the 10 story building tutorial?

"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense." - Chapman Cohen
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 7:07 AM
i did try something similar but i tried it on a house i had already started but i might try it from a scratch land... see wat happens
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Nov 2004 at 12:59 PM
Anything new on this?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Nov 2004 at 4:32 PM
I've looked around and the only thing I could find was a usenet thread showing you how to make a really tall foundation wall (so you can essentially stick your basement on the roof). The problem with this is you can't have any actual building below the roof. You have to put some other building beside or in front of the building with the pool.
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Nov 2004 at 4:48 PM
Well this is as close as i could get
House design is very dull but who cares, it was a quickie lol

Screenie 1
Screenie 2
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Nov 2004 at 5:11 PM
I was just thinking maybe you can place a foundation then the pool, then put walls around it then remove the foundation. I don't have the time right now to try thismaybe I'll try it later.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Nov 2004 at 2:13 AM
DuuD, could you share how you did that? If it's listed here, it's just not penetrating the ol' brain. I'd really appreciate some instructions on the pool thing, because it looks really cool.
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Nov 2004 at 2:25 AM
I just tried my meatod it didn't work.
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Nov 2004 at 3:21 PM
How did you do that, Duud? Looks great
Field Researcher
#12 Old 6th Nov 2004 at 4:36 PM
Pretty simple. You raise the terrain, put a foundation on top, make a hole in your foundation (see building basement tutorials) and put a pool in the hole. Clean it up, and there's your raised pool.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Nov 2004 at 4:37 PM
I'd like to know how to that that Duud. And I'd also like to have that house, you call that dull?! You should see the houses I build! :o
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Nov 2004 at 7:34 PM
I tried that technique, dizzy, and couldn't get it to work. The foundation won't go that close to a pool. I had a neat thought about walls and pools - but his screenshots aren't enough to tell me if it's doable, and I can't duplicate what he did to be certain.
#15 Old 9th Nov 2004 at 7:58 PM
Where is the 10-story building tutorial?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Nov 2004 at 8:24 PM
i love that house!! you should load it to the exchange or something! so that us who are not that good at these things can have it

9 words......... "My Life Is Over Now Yours Can Go On"
Duck Defender
#17 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 4254
Well this is as close as i could get
House design is very dull but who cares, it was a quickie lol

Screenie 1
Screenie 2

Oh man, can you send me that house?
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 9:24 AM
http://people.freenet.de/bluvelvets-sims2-seite/Lots/lots.html

That commerical lot has a pool on the roof kinda.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 2:00 PM
I slapped together a tutorial on the sort of thing DuuD was talking about; I managed to do it right after I asked him how, lol. I've never really done much in the way of teaching before, so if you can't follow this, let me know. http://www.ronchelle.com/2ndflrpool.html
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 3:10 PM
Hello!

After reading this thread last night I had a go at building a split level house with a raised pool too. I didn't use any mods to achieve it - just raised the terrain, added the pool and built foundations around it. Let me know what you think?

http://dippydesigns.homestead.com/index.html

I am a total newbie so I'm not sure how to upload it the file B) I've tried putting it on my own site, but if someone can tell me how to upload it on dial-up here, I will.

I'm happy to share it with anyone here who wants it

I am happy to take requests, you can see more of my sim buildings here at my website DIPPY DESIGNS
#21 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 9:59 PM
Holy crap the pool! It's an L shape! Not a rectangle!
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 10:06 PM
Just click on the star type icon when you click on your house in the neighborhood view. Choose to package to a certain folder, then upload the .sims2package file and BOOM there ya go btw snooty sims has the more than a rectangle pool tutorial
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 10:08 PM
How did you make it an L shape??

TSR is an evil force
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 11:28 PM
tipsy,
Thank You.
You don't know how frustrated I have been trying to do basements because the idiot tutorials forgot to mention the floor constraint thingie. The air around here has been vivid blue for the past couple of weeks every time I got the covered by floor tile message. My plumbob is going to be the happy simmie color again if I get it to work.
Duck Defender
#25 Old 11th Nov 2004 at 12:25 AM
Freaking beans, that's a cool house.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Page 1 of 2