Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 3:37 PM Last edited by leefish : 9th Dec 2013 at 4:06 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4293397, 4293400

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game crashing
so i have installed the sims 2 mansion and garden stuff and oh my god so cool i have all the sims 2 EPs and SPs until i figured out i missed one the family fun stuff i installed and here we go i run the sims 2 and BOOOOOOOM IT TELLS ME
YOU HAVE UNINSTALLED THE SIMS 2 FREE TIME SO SOME HOBBIES LOTS WILL BE DELETED
QUIT OR CONTINUE
then i got mad i unistlled the sims 2 free time but when i was re-installing it after it finished copying the game files and it was telling me
please wait
written in a grey box anyway after that it crashes windows tells me the program stopped working
i saw somewhere that i could edit the registry to install the game manually so i did this but the game still dont work though when i open the launcher it shows me its installed and i tried to remove ep9 and ep8 from the registry and it worked then i placed their registry keys back and again it said the same thing
i use windows 7 x32
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz, 2667 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 2.00 GB
Vga Nvidia Geforce 9400gt 1GB Version
please guys HELP ME I WANT TO PLAY THE SIMS 2 FREE TIME

Guys please i really neeeeeeeeeeeeeed help yes im so mad i have been trying for a week to make it work please !!!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 3:49 PM
I'm don't really know the problem but I'm pretty sure you can't un/re-install only one EP. Why don't you try to uninstall and re install all of them. In order.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 3:59 PM
OH MY GOD again ugh so hard dude my discs are so scratched so it took me forever to copy the files to the hard drive and install them
stupid me i should have kept the folders -.-"
btw does it matter if i have double deluxe?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 4:06 PM
guys before i try to install them all again can u guys back up the sims 2 registry keys for all the SPs and EPs so i can try to overwrite them with mine i dont care if it could work or not i will back up mines and try i know how to edite them to work with my game directory so please do that for me
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 5:25 PM
Guys Please Im Begging You !!! Ugh T-t I Dont Want To Re-install Them Any Other Ways Please ??
Site Helper
#6 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 6:31 PM
John, please calm down.

We are not all here waiting to help you at a moments notice. We help people on a volunteer basis, when we have the time. You can expect to wait for hours for a response and possibly longer before everyone has even seen your thread.

DO NOT double post. Instead, use the Edit button if you need to supply additional information. While you're waiting for a response, you might want to check out the site rules, which you'll find under the Site menu.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 9:24 PM
im sorry T_T
i did read them but im just mad because i have been spending hours on the pc trying to figure out how to get back free time working so i can have all the sims 2 SPs EPs
i didnt even study for my test and i cant do my homework i dont play the game unless i have time for it but when something like that prevent me from playing it i get mad and i try every way to solve the problem
and sorry again for the double post
but guys just please help i cant study or do anything until i fix that problem im trying to do an image for all my discs (which is 80% may not work they are way too scratched except the last ones i bought ep8 ep9 sp1 ep7 sp6 and double deluxe)
others are old i have them since they were first on the market
btw : as i said in my comment a momment ago can someone back up his sims 2 full registry for me to try it ?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 9:42 PM
Have you tried getting your disks cleaned? If you frequent a video shop they might even do it for free or for a low price. I have no idea what you mean by back up our sims 2 registry for you to try. What has our game got to do with you installing yours? Try and get them cleaned and try installing them in order, patching each one as you go.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 10:15 PM
it has alot instead of me installing them all again i can play with the registry but oh well
i deleted all the last ones i bought ep8 ep9 sp1 ep7 sp6 except double deluxe and the other ones i cant re-install
i downloaded all the latest updates for all my other EPs and SPs
then i installed ep8 ep9 sp1 ep7 sp6 in order and with updating each one
and IT WORKS NOW I HAVE EVERY EP AND SP FOR THE SIMS 2 !!! OMG IM SO HAPPY
well its just like re-installing them all again but in a easier way
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 10:27 PM
In future, don't use the Launcher. It's the Launcher which uninstalls EPs at random.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 1:38 AM
i use the launcher alot i like it
i think it was the reason anyway i wont anymore
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved