Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 5:29 PM
South end beach toilets
Surely this isn't just me but I am sure that whoever made south end beach on twikkii island put the wrong doors on the toilets. There is a urinal inside the female's door and not one inside the males door but two cubicals instead.
Is it just me or are the toilets wrong?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 5:31 PM
No, many people have noticed this. And done something about it. The solution is to edit the lot. Just go to neighborhood view, enter the lot as you would in any other neighborhood, fix it. Problem solved.

While you're in there, you may as well poke around and change anything else you don't like. There's one lot - is it the Boardwalk? - where the jewelry stand faces the wrong way.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
No, many people have noticed this. And done something about it. The solution is to edit the lot. Just go to neighborhood view, enter the lot as you would in any other neighborhood, fix it. Problem solved.

While you're in there, you may as well poke around and change anything else you don't like. There's one lot - is it the Boardwalk? - where the jewelry stand faces the wrong way.

I knew I could change it, its just a matter of cba. Its not really that important. I tried to see if other people had noticed, I was sure they must have but could find no reference on the internet. However I never noticed that jewelry stand thing, maybe I should look closer next time I am there, my sims are currently on a honeymoon there so it won't be long.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 6:58 PM
The boardwalk is the one with the Jewelry stands facing the wrong way and Sims will throw endless routing fits unless the lot is edited to turn them the right way.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 7:20 PM
They screwed up the hobby lots as well. The shower in the men's bathroom in "My Muse II (Arts & Crafts)" is placed in a way that it is inaccessible. When a Sim tries to use it, they'll complain about the path being blocked. In "Peerless Park (Nature)", there's a small ridge between the grill and dining tables, where if a Sim finds themselves in the wrong spot, they'll be stuck and unreachable there.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 9:57 PM
And in the secret Cooking lot, the showers are SOMETIMES unreachable. Gee Maxis, and I thought you just couldn't build a HOUSE!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 3:12 AM
To be honest, I kind of like EAxis' houses. They can look good if you do a little bit of adjusting... but the community lots are overly huge.
Huge lots are not only laggy but they make me lost.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 4:58 AM
I must edit those Twikkii lots. Never noticed before. You can't edit the hobby lots though, can you?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 8:56 AM
It's not just Twikki Island or Bon Voyage. I recently found two counter-top game display racks in Stratford Strip, Veronavile that were facing the wall. I turned them round so my Sims could see the games. Admittedly it didn't stop them buying games, because there are 4 large floor-standing games racks too. (Stratford Strip is one of my Sims' favourite shopping destinations -- as shipped it's the only place in Veronaville where you can buy clothes.)

Quote: Originally posted by Right-thgiR
To be honest, I kind of like EAxis' houses.

I quite like Maxis houses too. I usually modify them as the game goes on rather than build from scratch. Though I do find it frustrating when my Sims buy a moderately large house and can fit a double bed into any of the bedrooms (103 Custer Boulevard, Downtown).

(Sorry for wandering just a little off-topic.)
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I must edit those Twikkii lots. Never noticed before. You can't edit the hobby lots though, can you?

You can use "boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false" to edit community, hobby, and vacation lots, as well as enable locked Build mode tools in dorms. You can also use an "Always Enable Build/Buy" mod. However, neither of the changes you make with the two methods are permanent - they are lost when you exit the lot.

This thread at MATY describes how to edit the EAxis hobby lots and make your changes permanent, but it requires a bit of SimPE-ing.
Inventor
#11 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Gee Maxis, and I thought you just couldn't build a HOUSE!

I delete all the Maxis community lots, and build my own. Maxi's are all too big, with parking lots that your sims will never use. You send a sim to community lots to meet other sims, right? So your sim arrives, and spots a likely contact. That contact is walking, and walking, and walking until a distant corner is reached. Meanwhile, your sim is waiting for the contact to stop walking. By the time the walking has stopped, your sim has lost all interest in the contact. Did the game designers ever try to play these lots?
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
I delete all the Maxis community lots, and build my own. Maxi's are all too big, with parking lots that your sims will never use. You send a sim to community lots to meet other sims, right? So your sim arrives, and spots a likely contact. That contact is walking, and walking, and walking until a distant corner is reached. Meanwhile, your sim is waiting for the contact to stop walking. By the time the walking has stopped, your sim has lost all interest in the contact. Did the game designers ever try to play these lots?

Given how many parts of the game are broken, I don't think the developers ever played the game at all.

For the annoying "Walking to some weird spot in the community lot ignoring all greeting" bug, try making the Sim selectable using testingcheatsenabled, and cancel their "Walk away from portal" interaction (or something like that). They should stop walking and start actually doing something. I have this issue as well - I built a lot with a pool and pool tables at the bottom, pottery and a fitness room on the second floor, and a kitchen on the third. For some reason all Sims that were entering the lot would hike up the stairs to end their journey at the kitchen, when there's a nice lobby at the entrance for you to stop in! Wow, just wow.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 6:13 PM
Learn to manipulate the code. Your sims are going up to the top of the building because that's where the last thing you placed is. This programming is in place to clear the portal. All you have to do is enter the lot in buy/build mode, place something near the entrance (say a nice statue or a fountain; a CC menu board would be nice for a restaurant) and they'll go there.

Given how well the code works most of the time (no, really, it does! We wouldn't play the game if it didn't!) it was obviously playtested; but individual premade lots were presumably thrown together as deadline approached and not playtested properly. This is what happens with corporations. And except for the hobby lots, it's easy to fix.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
You can use "boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false" to edit community, hobby, and vacation lots, as well as enable locked Build mode tools in dorms. You can also use an "Always Enable Build/Buy" mod. However, neither of the changes you make with the two methods are permanent - they are lost when you exit the lot.

This thread at MATY describes how to edit the EAxis hobby lots and make your changes permanent, but it requires a bit of SimPE-ing.

OMG I have tried that cheat in every way possible (caps or not, etc) and it NEVER works! In an apartment or dorm I have to move everyone out and change the lot zoning... but it actually sounds like "doesn't work" IS what you're saying... sort of...???
I will go check MATY, although I've never used SimPE except to geneticize skins.

I seldom keep Maxis shopping lots. I have changed Maxis' big square "shopping mall" to have everything I need for dates and skill builder (via a mod); restaurant, DJ booth, hot tub and massage, the kiosk to buy a phone, clothes and beauty shop, pet shop, and - in the center- a stage with instruments and a coffee bar. THIS version goes in every hood. The only other lots I use are 2 parks I made, one for summer and one for winter.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#15 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
OMG I have tried that cheat in every way possible (caps or not, etc) and it NEVER works! In an apartment or dorm I have to move everyone out and change the lot zoning... but it actually sounds like "doesn't work" IS what you're saying... sort of...???

The boolprop aptbaselotspecifictoolsdisabled false should not be used with moved in sims (generally altering community areas of an apartment should always be done before sims have moved in because otherwise the changes will only show up for the family that you made the changes in, but boolprop aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled false is the cheat you use if you have a moved in family).

I'm pretty sure that the boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false cheat isn't supposed to be used with sims on the lot either, but not 100% on that one. Otherwise any changes you make will go away when your current family leaves.