Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 5:33 PM
Default NRaas StoryProgression
I've been thinking of downloading NRaas StoryProgression for awhile now but my main worry is if I install it do I need to restart my neighborhood and family or can I continue playing my existing family ?

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 5:54 PM
Nope can continue playing your existing family. *Edit* Twallan has retired though and his mods are updated to 1.63 so if you are updated to 1.66 they may not work, I wouldn't know since I haven't been keeping up on if they work or not because I'm not planning on updating my game at all anymore. I know there was some talk of people continuing his work but thats about all I know.

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
"I'd trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday." Me and Bobby Mcgee
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by seraphime
Nope can continue playing your existing family. *Edit* Twallan has retired though and his mods are updated to 1.63 so if you are updated to 1.66 they may not work, I wouldn't know since I haven't been keeping up on if they work or not because I'm not planning on updating my game at all anymore. I know there was some talk of people continuing his work but thats about all I know.

That's good cause I just created my family and didn't want to redo them. I have 1.63 and won't be updating to 1.66 I only have the base game sofar.

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by seraphime

Being worked on at NRaas and most are in testing now... here's a couple of links if you would like a status: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/News+Of+The+Day http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Update+History+Testing+166
Site Helper
#5 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 8:22 PM
When you first run your saved game after installing it you will get a pop-up asking if you want to enable NRAAS Story Progression. Once it's enabled, you will want to -immediately- pause the game and adjust the options for the stories it tells you about so you won't be flooded with popups about sims you don't care about.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 3:45 AM
I don't know of any Mods that would require you to restart a family. All the ones I've encountered can be added to the game at any time. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Once it's enabled, you will want to -immediately- pause the game and adjust the options for the stories it tells you about so you won't be flooded with popups about sims you don't care about.
There's only two changes with Story Progession that I dislike, and the popups about everyone else's lives are one of them.

To change what Ghost Sdoj is talking about, click on City Hall -> NRass -> Story Progression -> General Options -> All Stories (I usually change it to Friends and Blood Relatives.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 3:51 AM
I've been playing with it since last night and love it wish I would have downloaded when it came out.