Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 9:42 PM Last edited by tomomi1922 : 6th Feb 2014 at 9:02 AM.
Default Sims Anniversary giveaway and sales, perspective of Steam user
http://www.thesims.com/en-us/anniversary

Here they say as long as you are a registered TS3 players, you get Sims Town Life stuff pack for free. But I still have no idea how to get it. There is no link, and if I go to the store page, it pretends it doesn't offer anything beside the usual.

I am playing on Steam, and I did register these games on TS3.com . I doubt I can buy and install any EP outside of Steam, but what about Stuff Pack?

Edit: I just spoke with an Origin representative and able to confirm a few things:
- Town Life Stuff Pack is available NOT from Thesims3.com but Origin client (and certainly not Steam client, no wonder I see nothing).
- Although Steam players can purchase/download/install store content from Thesims3.com but Steam still see Stuff Pack as an EP, thus Steam players cannot take advantage of this Stuff pack freebie.
- As long as you registered your CD keys, your games can be downloaded and install through Origin client.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 10:00 PM
There is a discussion in this thread: http://linna.modthesims.info/showth...stpost&t=397723

Looking at this link: http://www.thesims.com/en-us/anniversary

you have to sign in to Origin and then proceed from there. I can't get it, I own the pack already.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 10:03 PM
Oh how did I miss that thread? So you said I need to log in Origin, not TS3.com?

Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 10:05 PM
When I clicked on the start button, Origin's log in came up.

Reading the thread at the forums, there's still a problem with the page not coming up. Still looking into the issues. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/738648.page

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 11:25 PM
Yeah Origins is the same log in for EA/TheSims3.com.
Instructor
#6 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 12:36 AM Last edited by eman72 : 6th Feb 2014 at 12:49 AM.
I just applied for my free copy and it said I was approved now just waiting for it to show up on the Origin down loader.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72
I just applied for my free copy and it said I was approved now just waiting for it to show up on the Origin down loader.

Same here. it said if can take up to 72 hours to show up. :
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922

Edit: I just spoke with an Origin representative and able to confirm a few things:
- Town Life Stuff Pack is available NOT from Thesims3.com but Origin client (and certainly not Steam client, no wonder I see nothing).
- Although Steam players can purchase/download/install store content from Thesims3.com but Steam still see Stuff Pack as an EP, thus Steam players cannot take advantage of this Stuff pack freebie.
- As long as you registered your CD keys, your games can be downloaded and install through Origin client.

Sound weird replying to my own post. But I edited the original post to add this content. So yea, reading from the above, sad finding is Steam users are locked out. However, shifting through the information, as long as I registered all games with Origin, I can simply download directing from Origin client and play TS3 as if I bought directly from Origin. It was not clear at first (although quite a lot of people mentioning this online) that Origin client acts like Steam client (game is forever once registered) so I was a bit skeptical and assuming I only had about 1 year of time to download (I bought direct download games from EA before).

So now I deleted TS3 from Steam, and downloading TS3 from Origin client. If this works, I will get WA, Ambitions, and Fast lane Stuff back, previously bought on DVD, but didn't bother re-purchasing from Steam. I wasted $12 repurchasing Late night. Wish I knew this earlier. But the Steam sales in Christmas 2013 was the thing that got me back to TS3, since all my original 2009 TS3 DVDs were lost.

Hope this really works