Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4426 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tekiiko
Trying to attach the pictures of what I mean! This is the keystone and the keystone hole its supposed to go in but its already filled? Is this just a glitch that its not registering as filled? I'm fairly certain I didn't cheat past any parts since the keyhole is filled. This is my sims like sixth trip to China though, is it possible to grab the artifact before the quest is given?
Hm, seems as if the whole tomb has already been discovered, including the final chamber. Are you sure that you haven't done that quest already, because how did you get in without the quest? Or do you play multiple families and have done this quest with another Sim?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#4427 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Hm, seems as if the whole tomb has already been discovered, including the final chamber. Are you sure that you haven't done that quest already, because how did you get in without the quest? Or do you play multiple families and have done this quest with another Sim?

I'm pretty sure I haven't done the quest already (though I'm not sure why its popping up again if I did?) and I only have the one sim that I've been playing. I haven't switched families, haven't edited town or anything at all. I completed the tomb on a previous trip to China though so maybe the artifact is in her collection back at her home? I'll check there when her vacation runs out.
Field Researcher
#4428 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 12:48 AM
I'm pretty sure I haven't done the quest already (though I'm not sure why its popping up again if I did?) and I only have the one sim that I've been playing. I haven't switched families, haven't edited town or anything at all. I completed the tomb on a previous trip to China though so maybe the artifact is in her collection back at her home? I'll check there when her vacation runs out.

Do you think maybe you opened it earlier using a skeleton key? You can purchase them from one of the vendors with ancient coins (if your Visa level is high enough). I've never used one.

One of the tombs in my China 'broke' once and someone on here suggested that I begin a new game, take out the untouched version of the building I had issues with and place it in the lots bin, and then go back into my original game and replace the broken building with the new, untouched version. I never got a chance to try it because honestly I forgot which tomb/building it was. Aaaand it looks like the thread has disappeared, otherwise I'd link you there because it explained more clearly how to do it.
#4429 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 1:05 AM
Usually there's no way that one can access a tomb that is locked by a key one gets from the quest giver, which is the case here. The only other possibility I can think of is that the game thinks that your Sim has already done this quest. If so then the MasterController mod would list this quest under Basic/Opportunities/Opportunities By Category/Adventure as True before you start the quest. This can, for example, happen when a Sim comes from a family that was adventuring before and it will carry over to every subsequent game. What I mean by this is if, for example, you once played a family in Sunset Valley that travelled to China and did that quest and their great-great-granddaughter is now your current Sim but you've placed her in Riverview a long time ago, even in this case the quest will register for this Sim as already done, because adventure history is linked to the household and all members of a household will carry this history with them forever. Even moving a Sim to a different world won't change that and if such a Sim travels to a vacation world for the first time, all quest keys will already be placed inside their keyholes.
This used to be different initially and descendants of adventuring Sims could redo the quests when they moved to another world, but some time between World Adventures and Generations a patch changed this.

Edit: These are the instructions at NRaas on how to reset a tomb and my comments regarding these instructions: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/66411516 (please don't pay attention to the formatting )
Test Subject
#4430 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 5:30 AM
^^ Okay I'm going to replace the tomb! I did mass click and buy a bunch of stuff off the relic register so maybe there was a key in there? But I checked with MC for the opportunity and it says it hasn't been filled so its probably the only thing that will work. Thank you both for your help!
Scholar
#4431 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 6:43 AM Last edited by 9b8ll : 10th Apr 2014 at 9:20 AM.
Okay I just got University Life and you know the the Sim app from the social network skill, every time I use the the Sim app a random Sim comes and just get stuck.I tried to reset the Sim and seeing if the Social network app challenge will count but no chance. Is this feature broken or is it just me?

And I know I have most nraas mods but how do I find it specifically to prevent other Sims having to be automatically assigned with the showtime careers,paparazzi or any other careers for that matter for good?
Instructor
#4432 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 6:11 AM
Why is it when a male Sim slow dances with a female Sim ....she leads

You only live once make the most of it..:)
#4433 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72
Why is it when a male Sim slow dances with a female Sim ....she leads
It's always the one who has been asked for a slow dance who will lead. I wish it were the other way round.

Quote: Originally posted by 9b8ll
Okay I just got University Life and you know the the Sim app from the social network skill, every time I use the the Sim app a random Sim comes and just get stuck.I tried to reset the Sim and seeing if the Social network app challenge will count but no chance. Is this feature broken or is it just me?
The random Sim is a feature, sort of, if you either choose the "Surprise Me!" or a combination of traits that is not already present among the existing population. The getting stuck is probably not a feature. Whenever I used the Sim Finder App the Sim came to my house and unless I invited it in it left after a while.

Quote: Originally posted by 9b8ll
And I know I have most nraas mods but how do I find it specifically to prevent other Sims having to be automatically assigned with the showtime careers,paparazzi or any other careers for that matter for good?
Paparazzi are a role, not a career, you'll need to disable them with NRaas Register.
Regular careers are handled by NRaas StoryProgression although I don't know whether this can effectively prevent the game from creating co-workers for your active Sims.
Showtime professions are a pain in the butt with regard to inactive Sims and I don't know whether NRaas StoryProgression has finally found a way to control them. For a long time no mod could. The problem is that while residents are not automatically given one of these profession they spread among the homeless like a disease regardless of whether you have Showtime venues in a world or not.
Alchemist
#4434 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 6:37 PM
Is it just me? I thought there used to be 4 sticky threads in this forum... Was one removed, or there have always been three all along?

Just call me Nikel
Instructor
#4435 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 3:35 AM
[QUOTE=nikel23]Is it just me? I thought there used to be 4 sticky threads in this forum... Was one removed, or there have always been three all along?[/QUOTE

I think it got taken down awhile back but I could be wrong.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Scholar
#4436 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 12:24 AM
The random Sim is a feature, sort of, if you either choose the "Surprise Me!" or a combination of traits that is not already present among the existing population. The getting stuck is probably not a feature. Whenever I used the Sim Finder App the Sim came to my house and unless I invited it in it left after a while.
Thank goodness is not me. But when a random Sim come to my house the first time I cannot interact with that Sim seem unless they leave. But the second time I invite my Sim over and everything is okay Even though the Social Network challenges don't count. it's weird. I found out that It's also near identical when you add a Sim using Nraas Debugenabler "Add Sim" except you have to create their traits and other things. Kind of a waste of time to be honest unless I want easy and quick friends without cheating.

Paparazzi are a role, not a career, you'll need to disable them with NRaas Register.
Regular careers are handled by NRaas StoryProgression although I don't know whether this can effectively prevent the game from creating co-workers for your active Sims.
Showtime professions are a pain in the butt with regard to inactive Sims and I don't know whether NRaas StoryProgression has finally found a way to control them. For a long time no mod could. The problem is that while residents are not automatically given one of these profession they spread among the homeless like a disease regardless of whether you have Showtime venues in a world or not.
Basically they act just like the tourists role. As for the showtime careers I was only trying to see if I could prevent the homeless Sims from getting any showtime careers. I guess I have to deal with it for good unfortunately Good to know now., thanks!
Scholar
#4437 Old 2nd May 2014 at 11:06 PM
I hate two sims from different households in the military career. I want them to be best buds and such, so I went and directed one of them to do the "get to know fellow soldiers" action. But, the thing is, they never met, and it's saying that the guy already knows everyone. So, after I manually had him meet the other dude, I noticed there's no icon in the sim relationship panel saying that they're both in the same career. There is two other townies who work with him and have the icon. It's really a small issue, but it bothers me somehow. Anyone else had this?
Field Researcher
#4438 Old 3rd May 2014 at 3:00 AM
Yep, just happened in my latest game. Bridgeport was so buggy that I never did much with the acting career, but I thought it would be perfect for the game I just started in Roaring Heights. Plopped the studio in an empty lot and had my sim get a job there. NRAAS story progression popped up all these notes about "so and so just got a new job at Plumbob Studios". I was thrilled, my sim would get to meet so many people at work. But, in actuality, there are only 3 of them, and I know there were about 8 or 9 of those messages. What a bummer!
Scholar
#4439 Old 3rd May 2014 at 3:23 AM
I don't recall the numbers off the top of my head, but I believe there is a maximum amount of co-workers you can have in a career. Story Progression will make sure you have the minimum amount, usually by dragging homeless or unemployed into the positions if there aren't already enough there.

I think the pre-population guide on CAWwiki has a table with the minimums and maximums.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Scholar
#4440 Old 3rd May 2014 at 3:52 AM
No, but the other guy IS working there. It should in his info tab when I'm socializing with him that he's in the military career, and when I switch to him, he's in the career also.
Scholar
#4441 Old 3rd May 2014 at 6:05 AM
'Fellow Soldier' only appears if the sim in question is one of your sim's actual co-workers. Just being in the same career won't necessarily make him one - if he isn't, you have to change it yourself with a mod.

Scholar
#4442 Old 3rd May 2014 at 6:22 AM
Uh, I don't know, because he's a Latrine Cleaner, while his co-workers are a Grunt and Squad Leader, while the one I want to be his co-worker is also a Squad Leader.
Scholar
#4443 Old 3rd May 2014 at 7:16 AM
Ignore their career levels for now, what matters is who shows up on his work relationships tab as a 'Fellow Soldier'. Those are his co-workers and if the one you want to be one with him isn't there, you'll have to change it yourself.

Lab Assistant
#4444 Old 3rd May 2014 at 11:12 AM
Is there any way to make it so that when sims immigrate into my town they all spawn in certain clothes and have specific hair styles? I've messed around with Nraas Dresser and blacklisting things and all of that but I can't seem to make it work.
Lab Assistant
#4445 Old 6th May 2014 at 6:03 AM
I am trying to figure out what killed my YA sim. He was running through a frickin' field (seriously) and all of a sudden he dropped into the ground and then came up as a ghost. The ghost was white. I can't figure out what it might have been. Has anyone else run into this?
#4446 Old 6th May 2014 at 9:29 AM
Is he really dead or just a living Sim with the ghost appearance? White ghosts are either frozen to death or died by old age.
Mad Poster
#4447 Old 6th May 2014 at 9:57 PM
Ghosts of Sims frozen to death glow slightly blue. Old age Sims are just white and don't glow.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#4448 Old 6th May 2014 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Ghosts of Sims frozen to death glow slightly blue. Old age Sims are just white and don't glow.

So what is your question
One Minute Ninja'd
#4449 Old 7th May 2014 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by keepsims
So what is your question

It doesn't seem like a question, because it was an answer to the question of ghosts raised in the 2 posts immediately preceding the statement.
Lab Assistant
#4450 Old 7th May 2014 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
It doesn't seem like a question, because it was an answer to the question of ghosts raised in the 2 posts immediately preceding the statement.

gosh i did not check the page before...........................................I feel stupid
Page 178 of 385