Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 5:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default CC wont work/appear with 1.69 update?
So i havent played my sims 3 game since January and decided to play it again recently. I went through the trouble of updating all mods i knew would need updating and deleting old ones i didn't want anymore while the game got patched to 1.69. BUUUUT after all that hassle, noone mods showed up. Not .package or .sims3pack or even my last save game. I tried googling reasons why and or ways to fix it but none seem to have my problem. Am i just missing a simple step somewhere? I use disk, and have Origin installed as well. Im starting to think updating the game was a mistake....
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 1:25 PM
I would tend to agree, except that Origin insists on giving you 1.69 so if you are running from Origin you're stuck.
But if you have One Drive, check to see if you have a Sims 3 folder there. The game likes to occasionally decide that your One Drive is where everything belongs, and stops reading from Documents. If you don't need One Drive, you can disable it to solve the problem.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=582358 is a thread from someone else whose game was putting things in One Drive, and may help with that.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#3 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 10:38 PM
I actually think the no-show of your mods is caused by something else, Legend of Link. The 1.69 patch only changes how the game launches and initiates: it doesn't do anything to the downloads. Core mods needed to be updated (but very few were since most core modders had left before this), but objects, CAS parts, and script mods are not affected at all.

I've been hearing a lot about the One Drive issue, but since I am on win7 and don't have it, I can't add anything to the discussion there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 7:44 AM
I forgot to mention Im on windows 10 and never had a problem previously playing the sims on this version+i had the sims installed before i had windows 10 so its saved to documents and not one drive. On another note, i tried a theory to get it to work and Im not sure if its working yet(still updating a VERY BIG update)but if it works ill update here.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 12:17 AM
So my theory was this: Uninstall the basegame, update it by launcher only so it gets to 1.67, and hopefully that would work. And i did try it and my packages arent showing up like before like it should. i even removed all mods except for the intro skips and even they didnt work. Im all out of ideas so if anyone else can lend a hand id be grateful!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 1:32 AM
Quoting igazor's help to someone else with Windows 10 and mods not working:
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
In addition to checking for Resource.cfg, is this new computer by any chance running Win 10? If so and if OneDrive is activated, the game loves for some reason to put its game folder in OD instead of in Documents where it belongs. You might have two TS3 game folders with the one holding your mods currently being ignored by the game. Are your Saves, if you have any recent ones, landing in the right folder?

In case you want to revert to patch 1.67: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+1.69
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 1:48 AM
I got it working again! The whole "game could be in a different location" thing was actually the problem, except it wasnt in one drive, it just had 2 different folders for the game and i was putting all the stuff in the wrong folder+all that update nonsense too. Thank all of you for the small help you provided!