Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 9:01 PM
D'you want to attach the package, and I can see if I can work out where it's coming from?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 11:26 PM
Thank you for taking the time to check for me. Here is one of them :D
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ukpoppy_tfgenredbluebolerocarditop.zip (99.5 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:49 PM
Very odd - just a normal stencil, I've no idea why CTU wasn't picking it up. Anyway, I've yanked it out of the TGI and the XML, all fixed.

You said that's one of them - do you have others which are stuck with the same stencil? If so, I can put together some very simple instructions for fixing them.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ukpoppy_tfgenredbluebolerocarditop_TGIXML.rar (98.8 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content

Test Subject
#29 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Very odd - just a normal stencil, I've no idea why CTU wasn't picking it up. Anyway, I've yanked it out of the TGI and the XML, all fixed.

You said that's one of them - do you have others which are stuck with the same stencil? If so, I can put together some very simple instructions for fixing them.

Thank you so very much Yes, I have 7 others and also would be good to know how to do it.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:53 AM
Don't be put off by how long the instructions are. The simpler you make something the longer it gets, because you can't miss any tiny steps out.

Ok. You will need S3PE. You should have S3PE already anyway, because it makes everything more fun .
  • Open your .package file in S3PE
  • If you've only just installed S3PE, tick the Names and Tags boxes at the bottom of the window.
  • Go to Settings -> External Programs, tick the "Use an external text editor" box, and then use the Browse button to point to Notepad++ (if you have it), or just plain old notepad.
  • Back in the main window, find the resource in the list with the tag CASP. Select it, and hit Grid at the bottom.
Basically, we have to replace the TGI reference (ID number) of the stencil images with that of a blank, transparent image. The stencil will still technically be there, but since it'll be transparent, it won't make any difference to the look of the top in-game.
The TGI references we have to replace are these:
  • 0x00B2D882-0x38000000-0xB84EAA5F20578C43
  • 0x00B2D882-0x38000000-0xB84EAA5F20578C40
  • 0x00B2D882-0x38000000-0xB84EAA5F20578C41
And we're going to replace all three of them with this one: 0x00B2D882-0x00000000-0x75F8F21E0F143CAC
Bear in mind that the format of the references isn't always the same. The numbers and letters are always present, but sometimes there are : instead of - and so on. I'll tell you exactly what to put where, just don't skip over the details because the reference *looks* the same as last time - it may not be .

Mkay, back to work:
  • At the bottom of the Grid window, is a line called TGI Blocks. Select it, then click the ... button at the end.
  • In the TGI Blocks window, you'll notice that the references are split up into three sections. The last section is the "most" unique, and the easiest to spot in a list. So, scroll down until you find the three references I listed above. They'll be in the top few lines, the ones marked with the _IMG tag.
  • Select the first one, and you can edit each of the three sections via the text boxes on the right. The Type can stay as it is, the Group just needs the 38 changed to 00. Copy this into the Instance box: 0x75F8F21E0F143CAC
  • Repeat for all three, then hit Save.
That's changed the master list of textures that the item looks for. Unfortunately, TS3 is stubborn and likes to ignore the master list. So we have to change it elsewhere too.
  • Back in the Grid window, select the line that says Presets, and hit the ... button.
  • In the new window, select the line marked XmlFile, hit the little down arrow, and click Edit. If the Edit button is greyed out, you did something wrong in the Settings window earlier.
  • Don't panic! Yeah yeah, I know, looks like code. It is, but it's friendly code, and you don't need to read it anyway.
  • Hit Ctrl-F and search for 00B2D882:38000000:B84EAA5F20578C43
  • You should only find that TGI reference once in the file. When you've found it, replace it with 00B2D882:00000000:75F8F21E0F143CAC
  • Repeat, searching for 00B2D882:38000000:B84EAA5F20578C40 and 00B2D882:38000000:B84EAA5F20578C41
  • Save and close notepad.
  • Back in S3PE, if you have more than one design on a top, then there will be several Presets listed in the left of the "top" S3PE window (preset and design are synonyms in this context). You'll need to do the above for all of them.
  • Once you've finished fiddling with XML, hit OK, Commit, and Save. Done.

After you've done this, when adding new designs in CTU, always hit Add New -> Copy Last - that saves you having to do this all over again afterwards .

Test Subject
#31 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 10:55 PM
Thank you very much! I am so glad you wrote it all so simply. Will have a good look at this tomorrow and let you know how I get on. I have sp3e of course, couldn't live without it...lol
Test Subject
#32 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:43 PM
Just done it on a file...off to test :-)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:49 PM
Good luck!

Test Subject
#34 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 3:52 PM
Yey! I managed to remove all the stencils, 2 of the files lost all their pattern for some reason, so I will try remake those sometime. Thank you for the instructions, very very helpful! The only thing I'd say that made it easier once I knew what I was doing was in notepad to search for stencil, that way, the stencils I needed to replace just seemed to present themselves in order making the whole process really easy. Thannks again...now if I knew how to remove the bumpmaps from custom meshes too, I'd be in heaven...lol
Test Subject
#35 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 5:07 PM
Hi there, I've been following this tutorial to clone a custom mesh so I can replace its texture (this top mesh by Sasha J, to be precise), and everything seemed to go smoothly enough, however once I got to the final step, it wouldn't show up properly in CTU. I have the original mesh added to CTU's available resources; it just says no mesh loaded in the corner of the 3D view window, and it throws errors and shows blank textures when I go to the Designs tab. I feel like the solution is something really silly that I've missed, but any help would be appreciated.

Edit: It also gives a "key is not in the correct format" notice whenever I open the original mesh with CTU and doesn't load anything in the 3D window either.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sanus Ex Machina
Hi there, I've been following this tutorial to clone a custom mesh so I can replace its texture (this top mesh by Sasha J, to be precise), and everything seemed to go smoothly enough, however once I got to the final step, it wouldn't show up properly in CTU. I have the original mesh added to CTU's available resources; it just says no mesh loaded in the corner of the 3D view window, and it throws errors and shows blank textures when I go to the Designs tab. I feel like the solution is something really silly that I've missed, but any help would be appreciated.

Edit: It also gives a "key is not in the correct format" notice whenever I open the original mesh with CTU and doesn't load anything in the 3D window either.

Sounds like she may have made that using TSRW, so try using that. (I've only ever gotten "key is not in the correct format" when switching from one to the other, has something to do with the textures.)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 6:39 PM
Yeah, some content made in TSRW just doesn't co-operate with CTU - I've no idea why, I'm afraid.

Test Subject
#38 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 6:55 PM
Oh darn, I was afraid of that. Well, thank you both for the quick replies! c:
Test Subject
#39 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 12:51 AM Last edited by Cupcake_Cutie : 20th Jul 2012 at 1:42 AM.
I loved your tutorial and it was very informative.

Is there any way to make it so anyone can use the clothing item I create, not just people who have that particular EP?
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 5:05 AM
It shows nearly no files 'Cloning'-->'(experimental) CAS Part'--> Way too few files. There is only one EP2 and very little of the others too. Please help? :'(
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 11:17 AM
How can you load EP outfits with CTU? I followed your instructions, but it's not loading anything from EPs, just the usual basegame stuff. I wanted to convert some female outfits to male with CTU, 'cause it works just fine with CC or basegame outfits. but it's not loading EP outfits. help pleeeease! :O
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 3:09 PM
So you cloned the outfit using S3PE or S3OC, opened it in CTU and - what? What happened then?

(I would recommend cloning with S3OC, not S3PE. S3OC is a lot easier)

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#43 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 9:33 PM
I cannot get CTU to work with expansion content. At all. I followed the tutorial exactly, content didn't show up. I checked to make sure all my EP fullbuild packages were added to the list. They were. I tried cloning using S3OC. Still not showing up. How did I manage to break it?
Screenshots

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Page 2 of 2