Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 2:18 AM
Default Elevator Loft?
Hi, I'm trying to create an elevator loft by using the "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings" off cheat and removing the wall / deleting the marker that denotes an inactive room. The problem is, every time I remove the wall or the other doors (which lead to the non-existent bathroom-sized neighbouring apartments), the game crashes upon returning to Live mode.

I've tried it many, many different times in different ways but it doesn't seem to be working.

I've always loved the idea of an elevator loft that opens directly into the apartment. Is there any way that I can create this? Thanks in advance.

GONNA LOVE~
Heartsdales~
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 9:30 AM
What is an elevator loft? I don't understand what you're trying to do.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 11:34 AM
I think he/she tries to build an apartment that it takes the whole space on the last floor, a penthouse with an elevator opening up directly into the apartment.

Samma440,
I am not sure it is possible to do this. The game seems to need that NPC door you delete and this is why your game crashes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 5:13 PM Last edited by samma440 : 23rd Jun 2011 at 9:44 PM.
An elevator loft is a penthouse loft that the elevator opens directly into. It's kind of a swanky new york rich people thing. lol

Anyway thank you Nalia, I think I'll just have to live with those stupid doors being there... Maybe one day I will make my own apartment building to be rid of this issue.

GONNA LOVE~
Heartsdales~
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 5:36 PM
While I also think that an elevator loft might not be possible unless you create another room on the groundfloor as the entry to your home and which belongs to your home and connect these two separate floors with a private elevator, your crashing might be because you try to remove the NPC doors and public/hidden spaces after NPCs have already been assigned to it. IIRC you can only make changes to NPC doors right after starting a fresh neighbourhood and going into Edit Town immediately then.
Maybe having a look at this conversion of a pre-made apartment: http://moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/i...ic,19460.0.html is helpful.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 9:21 AM
It's been a couple patches since I've done this trick and I don't have my game to double-check, but when you're in Build/Buy mode CTRL-click (might be CTRL+SHIFT-click or just SHIFT-click) the door you want to remove and there should be an option to 'Remove NPC door' or something to that effect. I do remember I had to remove the NPC option on the door before I could delete it without it hanging/crashing my game. You'll probably need the restrictbuildbuy cheat off as you've mentioned in your OP and also might need the testingcheats and/or debug cheats enabled to get the option on the door first - as I said it'd been a while since I've done this trick.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 7:46 PM
Thanks guys, both very helpful. I'm gonna try some of this stuff out.

I got CurtisParadis' modern loft though and his is much better than I could ever build so I think I am satisfied for now haha...

Thanks again.

GONNA LOVE~
Heartsdales~